What's new

Indian IT firms employ over 1 lakh in US: Report

They pay full resident taxes, but Developereo was talking about SS, & how it gets refunded at the end of the year, which is correct. Likewise, unless you become a PR or a citizen, the same thing happens on the income tax.

still incorrect. SS is not refundable bilal. i can provide appropriate evidence if needed.

i dont know abt aus. but here in canada and us, all engineering companies are filled with 60% chinese and 30% indians. i work in Advanced micro devices (AMD) as an engineering coop. its an american company and everyone in my team is a chinese or south korean, not a single white guy is even seen in my building. all engineering jobs in north america have been taken over by indians and chinese. so i wont be very surprised if indian company in us also has a similiar pattern.

not just companies, i study in waterloo uni as ece. we consider ourselves lucky if we see 1 white kid in engineering class. u find them in 1st year but they dont last till 2nd and switch over to commerce or arts. i am not jooking. this is truth. the next gen of engineers is being dominated heavily by chinese and then indians.

That's a separate issue.

You are talking about an American company that hires residents. If these residents happen to be Indian or Chinese or whatever doesn't matter -- they are competing in an open market and are entitled to whatever job they are qualified for.

The specific issue with some consultancy firms is that they import workers from abroad on work visas, because these people will work cheaper and are somewhat bound to the company. This hurts the local job-seekers, including recent migrants from India, China, etc. These consultancy firms are not doing any favors to the country where they operate.

not just companies, i study in waterloo uni as ece. we consider ourselves lucky if we see 1 white kid in engineering class. u find them in 1st year but they dont last till 2nd and switch over to commerce or arts. i am not jooking. this is truth. the next gen of engineers is being dominated heavily by chinese and then indians.

Is it bcs professsions like lawyer are ranked high in US society. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Do you know for certain or you just blabber? No Indians do pay SS and medicaid taxes but don't get it back.

Indians pay income taxes, and I know it gets refunded at the end of the year. I'm not sure if SS gets refunded as well. Although that's what my Indian friends in the US told me.

The specific issue with some consultancy firms is that they import workers from abroad on work visas, because these people will work cheaper and are somewhat bound to the company. This hurts the local job-seekers, including recent migrants from India, China, etc. These consultancy firms are not doing any favors to the country where they operate.

This is the crux of the whole consultancy business.

Consultancy companies prop up your resume, make it look like you've worked for 7 years when in reality, you have no work experience. They take a $5000 deposit, & a 1 year contract, & if you break it, the cost for the client gets much higher. Consultancies are looked down upon in the US, because they are meant to deceive, & take advantage of people that are looking to become PRs or US citizens.

Do you really believe this stuff you write and concoct up ? Can you give us one example, shows us one company that has hired a majority as you have claimed . and don't me give 2 man consultancy company as one. Big enough to employ numbers as the article cites.

Rest of you watch- he won't back it up. But you always love the examples these guys give you " my indian friend told me" or " when I worked for a company in the US" ....

Indians pay income taxes, and I know it gets refunded at the end of the year. I'm not sure if SS gets refunded as well. Although that's what my Indian friends in the US told me.

The issue with FICA is that everyone pays it, but it gets refunded for some non-residents if the country has a totalization agreement with the US. I think Mexico has such an agreement, as do some European countries. I know India has been pushing for an agreement for some time -- it was big time in the news some years back. I thought they had finalized it, but apparently they haven't.

u actually have Indian friends??

on topic: the taxes and refunds (which are always partial) are processed just like for any other american. no difference.

Do you really believe this stuff you write and concoct up ? Can you give us one example, shows us one company that has hired a majority as you have claimed . and don't me give 2 man consultancy company as one. Big enough to employ numbers as the article cites.

Rest of you watch- he won't back it up. But you always love the examples these guys give you " my indian friend told me" or " when I worked for a company in the US" ....

Run along, now. Hey, look, there's a thread about China...

That's a separate issue.

You are talking about an American company that hires residents. If these residents happen to be Indian or Chinese or whatever doesn't matter -- they are competing in an open market and are entitled to whatever job they are qualified for.

Again a generally believed misconception.

The H1B filers have to certify that the wages being paid are at least equal to if not greater than the standard rate for that job. This is very strictly followed and pretty tough to hire an underpaid worker.
H-1B Certification

Average salary of an H1b was ~70,000 for 2011 IIRC. Thats more than 150% the Average US Income. Among that the majority of IT guys from India make over 100,000. If that is underpaid, I would love to be one :lol:

That's a separate issue.

The H1B filers have to certify that the wages being paid are at least equal to if not greater than the standard rate for that job. This is very strictly followed and pretty tough to hire an underpaid worker.
H-1B Certification

Average salary of an H1b was ~70,000 for 2011 IIRC. Thats more than 150% the Average US Income. Among that the majority of IT guys from India make over 100,000. If that is underpaid, I would love to be one :lol:

This is the crux of the whole consultancy business.

Consultancy companies prop up your resume, make it look like you've worked for 7 years when in reality, you have no work experience. They take a $5000 deposit, & a 1 year contract, & if you break it, the cost for the client gets much higher. Consultancies are looked down upon in the US, because they are meant to deceive, & take advantage of people that are looking to become PRs or US citizens.

what line of business are you in? You are not part of the corporate world in the US are you? To say consultancies are looked down upon is an astonishingly false statement . Juts these 4 Consultancy companies in the US hold more assets and make more than many countries GDP.

McKinsey & Company
•McKinsey & Company | Home Page

2 The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.

Bain & Company
•Bain & Company Homepage - Bain & Company

Booz & Company
•Booz & Company - A global management and strategy consulting firm

H-1B Certification

H-1B Certification

The issue is not with H1Bs, but with the IT consultancy firms. If H1Bs get into respectable firms, then they do well. Indian consultancy companies prop up your resume by 'crook', make it look like you've worked for 7 years when in reality, you have no work experience. They take a $5000 deposit, & a 1 year contract, & if you break it, the cost for the client gets much higher. Consultancies are looked down upon in the US, because they are meant to deceive, & take advantage of people that are looking to become PRs or US citizens.

what line of business are you in? You are not part of the corporate world in the US are you? To say consultancies are looked down upon is an astonishingly false statement . Juts these 4 Consultancy companies in the US hold more assets and make more than many countries GDP.

McKinsey & Company

Bain & Company

Booz & Company

I'm talking about Indian IT consultancies.

Infosys faces charges of H1B visa misuse, age discrimination - Economic Times

Until last year, Infosys, Wipro and Tata Consultancy Services had to deal with new legislations and proposals that increased fee for work permits and even made it tougher for them to send Indian techies to the US for delivering projects locally.
[...]
Infosys is also facing a more serious allegation of misusing work permits. In February, Jack Palmer, a principal consultant with Infosys since August 2008, filed a complaint with the Alabama Court saying the company was sending employees on B1 visas to work full time in the US, though the visa is only meant for visitors who come for meetings, conferences and business negotiations.

McKinsey & Company

Bain & Company

Booz & Company

Also, holding the most money does not being the most respectable.

Lehman Brothers also held a lot of money, but then they were busted for fraud. Likewise, a lot of insurance companies & investment banks are not considered respectable either, & have constantly been accused of fraud & misdealings, even if they hold a lot of money.

i dont know abt aus. but here in canada and us, all engineering companies are filled with 60% chinese and 30% indians. i work in Advanced micro devices (AMD) as an engineering coop. its an american company and everyone in my team is a chinese or south korean, not a single white guy is even seen in my building. all engineering jobs in north america have been taken over by indians and chinese. so i wont be very surprised if indian company in us also has a similiar pattern.

wierd, I am at the University of California, and in my physics classes like mathematical methods, quantum, etc... there's a surprising amount of white kids. I was surprised too at how they could handle the math which is frankly ridiculous. My research is in materials science though, so my time is spent at the chemical engineering building, and there its 99% Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans and Indians (in order). I have seen no whites that were not professors.

Back
Top Bottom