What's new

Indian IT firms employ over 1 lakh in US: Report

Again a generally believed misconception.

The H1B filers have to certify that the wages being paid are at least equal to if not greater than the standard rate for that job. This is very strictly followed and pretty tough to hire an underpaid worker.
H-1B Certification

Average salary of an H1b was ~70,000 for 2011 IIRC. Thats more than 150% the Average US Income. Among that the majority of IT guys from India make over 100,000. If that is underpaid, I would love to be one :lol:

There's the law and then there's reality. I have dealt with enough Indian companies in the US to know the tricks of the trade. I suggest you have a chat with someone who runs a consultancy and, if they trust you, they will fill you in about how to beat the system.

I'm talking about Indian IT consultancies.

ahh now you are? okay, show us then where Indian consultancy companies are looked down upon in the US any more or less than others in the industry. You and developero saw a positive piece on India and came in immediately to bash it - with these personal anecdotes supposedly. You just throw any anti Indian stuff out and just close your eyes, hope something slips up and does not get challenged. You don't even try to mask the obvious.

Also, holding the most money does not being the most respectable.

Lehman Brothers also held a lot of money, but then they were busted for fraud. Likewise, a lot of insurance companies & investment banks are not considered respectable either, & have constantly been accused of fraud & misdealings, even if they hold a lot of money.

are you for real? please tell us what your background is ? Tell us, if they catch any corruption in the Pak army- does that negate the need to have an army?

ahh now you are? okay, show us then where Indian consultancy companies are looked down upon in the US any more or less than others in the industry. You and developero saw a positive piece on India and came in immediately to bash it - with these personal anecdotes supposedly. You just throw any anti Indian stuff out and just close your eyes, hope something slips up and does not get challenged. You don't even try to mask the obvious.

I think we all know what happened with Satyam Computer Services, not a personal anecdote btw:

SEC Charges Satyam Computer Services With Financial Fraud

The issue is not with H1Bs, but with the IT consultancy firms. If H1Bs get into respectable firms, then they do well. Indian consultancy companies prop up your resume by 'crook', make it look like you've worked for 7 years when in reality, you have no work experience. They take a $5000 deposit, & a 1 year contract, & if you break it, the cost for the client gets much higher. Consultancies are looked down upon in the US, because they are meant to deceive, & take advantage of people that are looking to become PRs or US citizens.

I'm talking about Indian IT consultancies.

I don't know what IT consultancies are there that can break explicit laws regrading minimum wages and still operate.

Rest all about Fake resumes and expereinces, I guess you got it from the same "Indian" friend who told you he gets his SS refunded :lol:
U.S. Tax Solutions for resident alien and nonresident alien foreign nationals

Maybe the only fake in all this is your story.

Infosys faces charges of H1B visa misuse, age discrimination - Economic Times

Until last year, Infosys, Wipro and Tata Consultancy Services had to deal with new legislations and proposals that increased fee for work permits and even made it tougher for them to send Indian techies to the US for delivering projects locally.
[...]
Infosys is also facing a more serious allegation of misusing work permits. In February, Jack Palmer, a principal consultant with Infosys since August 2008, filed a complaint with the Alabama Court saying the company was sending employees on B1 visas to work full time in the US, though the visa is only meant for visitors who come for meetings, conferences and business negotiations.

Duh, pulling up an article about B-1 visas to prove H-1B are misused.:rolleyes:

Sometimes it does help to read the article you are posting not just the Title.

wierd, I am at the University of California, and in my physics classes like mathematical methods, quantum, etc... there's a surprising amount of white kids. I was surprised too at how they could handle the math which is frankly ridiculous. My research is in materials science though, so my time is spent at the chemical engineering building, and there its 99% Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans and Indians (in order). I have seen no whites that were not professors.

Really you are in in Cali , studying in my great country. I would have thought you would chosen the great Chinese education halls. enjoying our democracy and freedoms :) welcome

I think we all know what happened with Satyam Computer Services, not a personal anecdote btw:

what happened ? satyam makes millions in the US. were they look down upon? They Mahendra-Satyam are very successful in the US , continue to be. Major corporations get in trouble at times and don't just fizzle away. The business core competency is still there and is solid.

Really you are in in Cali , studying in my great country. I would have thought you would chosen the great Chinese education halls. enjoying our democracy and freedoms :) welcome

you didn't see the L.A. in the location? i was here for a long time.

I don't know what IT consultancies are there that can break explicit laws regrading minimum wages and still operate.

Rest all about Fake resumes and expereinces, I guess you got it from the same "Indian" friend who told you he gets his SS refunded :lol:
U.S. Tax Solutions for resident alien and nonresident alien foreign nationals

Maybe the only fake in all this is your story.

I have clarified that I was not sure if SS got refunded, but I am pretty sure that income tax is refunded for aliens in the US. I am a PR of the US, & all of what I mentioned in the post is what I have heard.

High Rate of H-1B Visa Fraud - BusinessWeek

data released this year by the federal government show that offshore outsourcing firms, particularly from India, dominated the list of companies that were awarded H-1B visas to employ workers in the U.S. (BusinessWeek, 3/6/08) in 2007. Indian outsourcers such as Infosys (INFY), Wipro (WIT), and Tata (TCS.NS) accounted for nearly 80% of the visa petitions approved last year for the top 10 participants in the program.

There is also evidence that workers on H-1B visas are being mistreated. In a pending case (BusinessWeek, 1/31/08), H-1B workers employed by Patni Computer Systems (PTI) allege they were underpaid.

Duh, pulling up an article about B-1 visas to prove H-1B are misused.:rolleyes:

Sometimes it does help to read the article you are posting not just the Title.

Duh, the discussion is about Indian companies abusing the system. It is not about any specific visa class.

High Rate of H-1B Visa Fraud - BusinessWeek

data released this year by the federal government show that offshore outsourcing firms, particularly from India, dominated the list of companies that were awarded H-1B visas to employ workers in the U.S. (BusinessWeek, 3/6/08) in 2007. Indian outsourcers such as Infosys (INFY), Wipro (WIT), and Tata (TCS.NS) accounted for nearly 80% of the visa petitions approved last year for the top 10 participants in the program.

There is also evidence that workers on H-1B visas are being mistreated. In a pending case (BusinessWeek, 1/31/08), H-1B workers employed by Patni Computer Systems (PTI) allege they were underpaid.

where is the proof I asked of you repeatedly that Indian companies employ 90% of their workers from India in major consultancy firms? showing us a 2008 report does not lend to it.

report says " 13% of petitions filed for H-1B visas on behalf of employers are fraudulent. Another 7% contain some sort of technical violations"

Unless your math is different . to me that reads that 87 % are not fraudulent. How does that fit with your meme of vast corruption in that process?

There's the law and then there's reality. I have dealt with enough Indian companies in the US to know the tricks of the trade. I suggest you have a chat with someone who runs a consultancy and, if they trust you, they will fill you in about how to beat the system.

I showed you the law and if you know how things work in US, you can be damn sure laws are followed. If a consultancy is beating the system without breaking the law in word or spirit, it is perfectly fine.

I work here, I talk to enough people and half of them spit out everything when drunk. So you can be pretty sure your suggestion of chit chat is absurd.

Are you serious? This is ridiculous.

Now I am convinced you are just pulling stories out of your *** to save yourself the embarrassment of publicly been caught lying.

Satyam was an Indian company that cooked its books in India. Doesn't affect US H1B in anyways.

^^^ SEC did investigate , but I'm trying to see if they settled . This was a charge , so far I need to see what was the outcome...

UPDATE: They settled with Satyam . :)

basically what we have here folks is some good piece of information about India and US , that chafes some posters and their anti India at all cost radar kicks in. so they come here thinking, let's just say anything. Maybe it will go unchallenged... :)

These I like reading" ' I dealt with a lot of Indian companies, therefore I know' - that line is always such a great bench marker for the truth. ALA Personal experience of a PDF poster. You can take that to the bank! I say ;)

^^^ SEC did investigate , but I'm trying to see if they settled . This was a charge , so far I need to see what was the outcome...

UPDATE: They settled with Satyam . :)

basically what we have here folks is some good piece of information about India and US , that chafes some posters and their anti India at all cost radar kicks in. so they come here thinking, let's just say anything. Maybe it will go unchallenged... :)

Regardless what SEC chrged them with, it wasn't employment fraud, just another foolish attempt to prove oneself right by deceiving.

Regardless what SEC chrged them with, it wasn't employment fraud, just another foolish attempt to prove oneself right by deceiving.

that you are right about. Nothing to do with employment fraud or under paying or 90% ! of hiring of Indians . But wait! they ( our two posters here ) have personally have either dealt with Indian companies or " my Indian friend told me" - as absolute proof of the fraud existing rampantly

Notice for all the hatred they have for Indians, they sure deal with Indians a lot and have them as " friends" :)

Back
Top Bottom