What's new

Indian Helicopter Discussion

wondering if women's menstrual cycle would have any impact on her performance or concentration especially when engaged in air to air dogfight ...

Actually, women are at an extreme disadvantage if in a dog fight.
Flying fighter planes is all about G forces. Humans can only take so much G-force before they pass out. So in a Dog fight if you can out last the opponent you have basically won.
The problem with women is that they can't resist G-forces the same as men, if they take the same G-force as men their uterus will literally come out. Remember the Uterus is just floating in the body and not tied down to anything.

So if all things were equal, a Woman would almost always lose in a dog fight with a man simply due to G-forces.

Whatever points you raised, there are other airforces, navies and armies that have crossed those boundaries. Not sure why you think its not possible only in India.

Mate,i am an aviator and i have my whole family in the Army.Its not as easy as you think.But i cant convince you because there are somethings you need to realise.There are some shortcommings and incase of a SF we have to raise a full unit for them even if we do that.

I am not a critic of women in the Armed forces though but there are some fields better left to men like SF,Infantry as of now...not too sure about fighter pilots too...if they can commit i have no problem.

Flying fighter planes is all about G forces. Humans can only take so much G-force before they pass out. So in a Dog fight if you can out last the opponent you have basically won.
The problem with women is that they can't resist G-forces the same as men, if they take the same G-force as men their uterus will literally come out. Remember the Uterus is just floating in the body and not tied down to anything.

So if all things were equal, a Woman would almost always lose in a dog fight with a man simply due to G-forces.

Women can counteract G-forces because their physiology makes them more tolerant of G-forces than men. (G-forces push down on a body, they overcome the ability of the heart to pump oxygenated blood upward into the brain. Blood begins to pool in the lower extremities, while blood circulation to the head is reduced. When blood circulation to the head is sufficiently reduced, the oxygen supply to the brain becomes insufficient.) Height, not strength or gender, is the most negative factor in a pilot's ability to tolerate G stress. Because women have a smaller body mass the shorter distance between their heart and brain makes it easier for them to counteract the G-forces.

Mate,i am an aviator and i have my whole family in the Army.Its not as easy as you think.But i cant convince you because there are somethings you need to realise.There are some shortcommings and incase of a SF we have to raise a full unit for them even if we do that.

I am not a critic of women in the Armed forces though but there are some fields better left to men like SF,Infantry as of now...not too sure about fighter pilots too...if they can commit i have no problem.

Thats why I said qualify for it. Its not easy to qualify, so a lot of them might fail. But those who qualify...why should we stop em? I mean if they are motivated, committed, patriotic...what more can one ask for? Because they do know the challenges they face, and if they wanna serve DESPITE it. We shouldnt stand in their way. Thats my whole point.

Thats why I said qualify for it. Its not easy to qualify, so a lot of them might fail. But those who qualify...why should we stop em? I mean if they are motivated, committed, patriotic...what more can one ask for? Because they do know the challenges they face, and if they wanna serve DESPITE it. We shouldnt stand in their way. Thats my whole point.

I understand your whole point but i am trying to say we might not get enough numbers to raise one unit when talking of Infantry/SF.

Women can counteract G-forces because their physiology makes them more tolerant of G-forces than men. (G-forces push down on a body, they overcome the ability of the heart to pump oxygenated blood upward into the brain. Blood begins to pool in the lower extremities, while blood circulation to the head is reduced. When blood circulation to the head is sufficiently reduced, the oxygen supply to the brain becomes insufficient.) Height, not strength or gender, is the most negative factor in a pilot's ability to tolerate G stress. Because women have a smaller body mass the shorter distance between their heart and brain makes it easier for them to counteract the G-forces.

That may be true, but it's all rendered moot when her uterus if flying out of her body.

Thats why they wear G suits.

G-suits only deal with blood. They inflate around your limbs to prevent the blood from draining.
They will do nothing to prevent internal organs from shifting.
So they won't prevent Uterus from flying out.

Why are you so invested in proving that women are the same as men physicly?
there is no same is saying women are inferior in some physical ability to men.

Some women without uteruses according to this theory ...
F-16 Woman pilots

Some women without uteruses according to this theory ...
F-16 Woman pilots

LOL, good one.
So you also believe that monkeys would make great pilots as well then?
space-rhesus-monkey.jpg

space-monkey.jpg

So they won't prevent Uterus from flying out.

Uterus wont fly out. Stop making retarded comments with zero scientific basis.

Why are you so invested in proving that women are the same as men physicly? there is no same is saying women are inferior in some physical ability to men.

I am not trying to prove that men and women are SAME physically. Then there wouldnt be MEN and WOMEN.

But you could say I am a feminist. I believe women are equal to men, and even though in general terms they might be physically weaker. For things like flying fighter jets, you dont need to have superman strength. You need to be physically fit. And women generally ARE more fit than men. Its just the way the female physiology is. They live longer. Their hearts dont stress as much as a man's does (due to reduced body mass) etc etc.,

LOL, good one.
So you also believe that monkeys would make great pilots as well then?
space-rhesus-monkey.jpg

space-monkey.jpg

The small difference being that the monkeys weren't actually piloting the vehicles.

women is that they can't resist G-forces the same as men, if they take the same G-force as men their uterus will literally come out. Remember the Uterus is just floating in the body and not tied down to anything.

Where did you bring that piece of info from? I haven't heard of anything coming out of any man or women even on space missions, max that can happen is blood draininng out of / or rushing towards head/brain and causing black / red out. how much an individual can take that is totally dependent on individual tolerance which has nothing to do with gender.

Back
Top Bottom