What's new

Indian Freedom Struggle and Kashmir Freedom Struggle

I was wondering, how is the Indian Freedom Struggle under British Occupation/Raj (Pre-independence) any different from the Kashmir Freedom Struggle against Indian Occupation.

Quite similar circumstances. No?

No, there is a big difference. Initially traders, Britishers were always unwelcome guests of the subcontinent. Whereas Indian forces landed in J & K only after the Maharaja Hari Singh requested for help. Whether the people liked him or not is a matter of another discussion, but was Indian forces welcome in Jammu and Kashmir back then ?? Yes they were very much welcome, that was the reason why Indian army along with the Kashmir forces and considerable amount of local support were able to fight back and flush all of the Pakistan backed tribal and regular forces even though Pakistan did had a head-start in attacking Kashmir. Indian army came almost 3 weeks later I guess. :-)

As some of your fellow Pakistani's claim, if Pakistan had the local support then, given almost the same strength of both Indian and Pakistan forces in 1947, Pakistan could have easily won the war. Moreover you won't hear or read about any Indian army atrocities up until 1989, there is a relative 42 years of peace in J & K especially the valley. It was only after the insurgencies (Pakistan backed) and ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri pundits started that India slowly build up its paramilitary and army strength and then began crackdown on the separatists.

Therefor there is a big difference in British occupation and Indian Kashmir. :)

Last edited:
Kashmiris (who happen to be Muslie east ms by overwhelming majority) have their land and resources occupied by a Hindu dominated force, militarily. Kashmiris do not want to live under Hindu/Indian rule.
What about Kashmiri Pundits Which actual kashmiris Since Islam Itself is religion of invaders Arabs Which originated in Middle east

So on religious base Kashmir more belongs to hindu pundits than Muslims As their Religious history and origin Predates islam itself in Kashmir

What about Kashmiri Pundits Which actual kashmiris Since Islam Itself is religion of invaders Arabs Which originated in Middle east

So on religious base Kashmir more belongs to hindu pundits than Muslims
The Hinduism in Kashmir came from central India since the original inhabitants were Buddhist, So shall we find the remaining Buddhists and give it to them. Please keep such crappy religious tangents to yourself despite what your innate hatred of Islam and Muslims might be forcing you to type. It tends to only ignite more flames.

I was wondering, how is the Indian Freedom Struggle under British Occupation/Raj (Pre-independence) any different from the Kashmir Freedom Struggle against Indian Occupation.

Quite similar circumstances. No?
The Indian freedom struggle was not based on a religion. It was us south Asians irrespective of religions fighting our white rulers. The Kashmiri freedom struggle is a bout a bunch of wahabis who terrorized Kashmiri Pandits and ethnically cleansed them and now want freedom from India which gave them their own rights to elect their government and live peacefully, if that's what they desired.

nevermind, this comment just shows that your just anti-muslim, no point in arguing with someone that stupid

Anti-muslim ???
Dude I am an Indian, i dnt need to be an Anti-muslim to be a patriot.

More muslims live in India than in Pakistan.
I have shared my meals with them, I still do.

And FYI, not only Muslims, Kashmiri muslims.
I am from Punjab. There are more tha 500 Kashmiri students enrolled in different Colleges here.And boy, they hate Pakistan more then you can imagine.

The Hinduism in Kashmir came from central India since the original inhabitants were Buddhist, So shall we find the remaining Buddhists and give it to them. Please keep such crappy religious tangents to yourself despite what your innate hatred of Islam and Muslims might be forcing you to type. It tends to only ignite more flames.

But in political terms, Pakistan was the aggressor. Indian forces landed only in late October of 1947 that too on the request of Maharaja and after he signed the Instrument of Accession. You can very well question it's legality, but still the fact remain the same that Pakistan was the aggressor who attacked Kashmir even after having a stand-still agreement signed with the Kingdom authorities. :(

Kashmir is all about religion mate.
Believe it or not, the reason the valley is boiling is because of religion.
And dont worry about budhists, thsy are living allright in other parts of Jammu and Kashmir. From thousands of years.

Sir Many OF Gotra of brahmans comes from Kashmir Mentioned in Rig veda itself
For Example
Such as Families of Vatsyayan Gotra are said to have existed in the town of Pattan in Kashmir and later to a village named Gion in Kashmir, till the 11th century AD. Following annexations by the hands of Mughal Kings, they were forced to leave their places and migrate to Sind province,while the original migrants descended to the foothills of Shivalliks in remote hill forests to sanctify the fertility goddess, while others settled down near the towns of Kangra and Una of the Undivided Punjab or towns like Hosiyarpur.

We Mentioned In our Upanishads About this Theories also postulate that Chanakya belonged to the Vatsyayan clan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatsyayan_Gotra

Like islam Quran his Holy Vedas are Holy in Sanatana Dharma Which Persion call Hind

But in political terms, Pakistan was the aggressor. Indian forces landed only in late October of 1947 that too on the request of Maharaja and after he signed the Instrument of Accession. You can very well question it's legality, but still the fact remain the same that Pakistan was the aggressor who attacked Kashmir even after having a stand-still agreement signed with the Kingdom authorities. :(
Again, I dont doubt that it was Pakistan that intervened and it was a decision taken based on whatever information was available.

But try explaining to me what my argument on religious bigotry has to do with you parroting out the same thing you have already written ten times like a stuck recording while hiding behind false flags?

You are an Indian, change your flags; or we will make you.

Kashmir is all about religion mate.
Believe it or not, the reason the valley is boiling is because of religion.
And dont worry about budhists, thsy are living allright in other parts of Jammu and Kashmir. From thousands of years.

Crapola. The religious bit as there due to the congress screwing up its chance to hold India together in the 35 government. Prior to that, there were MORE Shia-Sunni riots in India than Hindu-Muslim riots.

Kashmiris (who happen to be Muslims by overwhelming majority) have their land and resources occupied by a Hindu dominated force, militarily. Kashmiris do not want to live under Hindu/Indian rule.

Likewise, pre-independence indians had their resources controlled and their lands occupied by British (christian) force, militarily. Indians did not want to live under British rule.

In both cases, there is (and was) freedom struggle. In both cases, the odds are/were against the oppressed.

Looks pretty much the same to me.
Kashmiris in the valley account for roughly 50 per cent of the population in J&K. The rest lives in Jammu and Leh Ladakh. The Muslims in the valley, despite their numbers contribute 20 per cent of the GDP from J&K. Left to themselves they will probably be even more unproductive. These guys want a country of their own. They would rather not live like normal people, put their kids into school raise them to become something and lead peaceful lives. They would rather that these kids go attack our security forces with stones and suffer the consequences. What can you tell people like these? The population in the valley constitutes less than 1 per cent of the Indian population. No Indian politician will give them Azaadi as that would amount to political suicide. That's despite most Indians not wanting the taxpayers' money to land up in Kashmir. I guess the current government is pursuing a strategy that Indians will appreciate. If Kashmiris want to go on so be it.

Sir Many OF Gotra of brahmans comes from Kashmir Mentioned in Rig veda itself
For Example
Such as Families of Vatsyayan Gotra are said to have existed in the town of Pattan in Kashmir and later to a village named Gion in Kashmir, till the 11th century AD. Following annexations by the hands of Mughal Kings, they were forced to leave their places and migrate to Sind province,while the original migrants descended to the foothills of Shivalliks in remote hill forests to sanctify the fertility goddess, while others settled down near the towns of Kangra and Una of the Undivided Punjab or towns like Hosiyarpur.

We Mentioned In our Upanishads About this Theories also postulate that Chanakya belonged to the Vatsyayan clan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatsyayan_Gotra

It is religious text and subject to the same skepticism on the accuracy of locations as any other. We cannot postulate exactly unless evidence; like the remains of Buddhist Monasteries found in AJK show.

And what before the 11th Century? What about 2500 BC or 4000BC.. dont those people have a voice too by your standards?

Kashmiris (who happen to be Muslims by overwhelming majority) have their land and resources occupied by a Hindu dominated force, militarily. Kashmiris do not want to live under Hindu/Indian rule.

Likewise, pre-independence indians had their resources controlled and their lands occupied by British (christian) force, militarily. Indians did not want to live under British rule.

In both cases, there is (and was) freedom struggle. In both cases, the odds are/were against the oppressed.

Looks pretty much the same to me.

You have it all mixed up. After Independence from the British, a large population could not see themselves live with Hindus or under Hindu rule. Hence, under general consensus, Pakistan was born, liberated from India. The scores of Muslims who wanted independence had a country of their own! Large populations left their land, friends, belongings and traveled 100s of KMs to attain this freedom. Even today Hindus from Pakistan come and settle down in India. Freedom has already been granted, land divided and boundaries drawn...Pakistan needs to open its gates to Muslims from Kashmir who do not want to live under Hindu/Indian rule.

Again, I dont doubt that it was Pakistan that intervened and it was a decision taken based on whatever information was available.

But try explaining to me what my argument on religious bigotry has to do with you parroting out the same thing you have already written ten times like a stuck recording while hiding behind false flags?

Crapola. The religious bit as there due to the congress screwing up its chance to hold India together in the 35 government. Prior to that, there were MORE Shia-Sunni riots in India than Hindu-Muslim riots.

There is a reason the violence takes place in Muslim majority areas and that to near border areas.
There is a reason why there is almost no Hindu or Budhist lives in those areas.

It is religious text and subject to the same skepticism on the accuracy of locations as any other. We cannot postulate exactly unless evidence; like the remains of Buddhist Monasteries found in AJK show.

And what before the 11th Century? What about 2500 BC or 4000BC.. dont those people have a voice too by your standards?

The thing is brining up the past is irrelevant to the present and really does not help this issue. That being said MANY nations on earth can lay claim to different regions.

Sir... I know its not the appropriate thread for this, but still... I have a request to make... Would you please check the IP address of a member named @BlackIndian? I strongly suspect he's a false flagger. Thanks..

Back
Top Bottom