What's new

Indian fisherman killed as US navy fires in Gulf

I have been shot at, living in Karachi. And we just kept going straight, even though bullets broke through the front window, because no one thinks of steering in this situation, you just freeze. And for a simple fisherman, who's never probably encountered a lot of bullet fire, this would freeze him up even more. You Americans are just trying to defend your navy. Pitifully, may I add
I know it sounds horrible...but we aren't gonna lose a multi-million dollar ship and hundreds of crew because it will give you warm fuzzy feelings about the USN.

Then its the fault of coastal survellaince to enter harbour and darefully attack a ship.... Hell harbours have security, particularly strick, when defence ships are berthed... Dont compare the two incidents....
This incident took place at sea...

Im not sure why not to compare, its essentially the same thing but in different locations-example: if you get killed at home is that any different then getting killed jogging near home? You are dead just the same....
+back in the year 2000 things were much more lenient....because of that attack and the whole suicide mania ships are being guarded by fire teams 24/7.

is that really that difficult for Americans to say "sorry",can you just do that once,please..

Be-Nice-to-USA.jpg

aha i see, so that is conclusive evidence that im wrong and you are correct? Nevermind the fact the police chief just reiterated what the fishermen told him and is in that way no different then the news i posted which you immediately disqualified with "i dont believe the American side".
Umm.. no the next sentence has nothing to do with what the police is saying.

Me and my Tamilian roomy just watched the news on TOI...

One of the crew, another Tamilian, told in Tamil that the coxswain (Arab) kept heading the same way and told them that they will not shoot as it is their country. TOI can go down the TOIlet for their false reporting

BTW on PDF I have seem many a times Pakistanis obsessed by the comments on TOI.. All the best guys! :P

the odd thing is, why fire 50 cal machine gun at fishermen when they could have just fired at the motor or even the lower part of the boat

50 cal guns do considerable damage to whatever they hit....seems they just got trigger happy (no surprise there)

and what is it with these unlucky indian fishermen? wrong place, wrong time!!

the odd thing is, why fire 50 cal machine gun at fishermen when they could have just fired at the motor or even the lower part of the boat

50 cal guns do considerable damage to whatever they hit....seems they just got trigger happy (no surprise there)

Yeah, they could have... cannot comment at what angle the boat was to the ship or they could have used small arms.. however I think given the situation even the smallest navy in the world would do the same..

So warning shots qualified as 'trigger happy'?

well USS Cole @ Gulf of Aden may be fresh in their minds still.....i wasn't there so i cant speak with authority and conviction.

But quite frankly, disabling a boat full of poor fishermen in clear sight makes more sense than turning them into Swiss cheese. For God's sakes.

US navy did nothing wrong.
I mean it's not their fault if the tamils and arabs on board don't understand Engish.

Anyways RIP.

well USS Cole @ Gulf of Aden may be fresh in their minds still.....i wasn't there so i cant speak with authority and conviction.

But quite frankly, disabling a boat full of poor fishermen in clear sight makes more sense than turning them into Swiss cheese. For God's sakes.
Put yourself in the sailors' situation: How certain are you of what they are?

As long as it was by the Americans it shouldn't be a problem for India, in fact, the first question that comes to mind is what was the indian fisherman doing there in the 1st place?

Still a tragic incident, may the fellow RIP.

tis also a valid point....why were they there?

indian fishermen are a big problem time to time for Pakistani and Sri Lankan coast guard..but we simply detain them. Not blast them with 50 calibre rounds

That is a great threat considering if you cannot keep democracy your country will go to hell at your own incompetence. So be nice to US while at the same time suffer the dictatorship you got.

tis also a valid point....why were they there?

indian fishermen are a big problem time to time for Pakistani and Sri Lankan coast guard..but we simply detain them. Not blast them with 50 calibre rounds

Im sorry, did you just mean what you said or were you kidding?

Indian fishermen were not rushing towards your Naval Ships my friend or were they!

Put yourself in the sailors' situation: How certain are you of what they are?

no telling..

specially when the "skinnies" are also known to use very unassuming and innocent looking boats when approaching their targets.

I dont want to give ideas to anyone but I suspect it will be an attempted attack on one of the US vessels through explosive laden boat that will spark the flames of war in the Persian gulf.

Im sorry, did you just mean what you said or were you kidding?

Indian fishermen were not rushing towards your Naval Ships my friend or were they!

if they had, they wouldnt have been blasted with fire... arrested and maybe kept until a next prison swap happened.

Back
Top Bottom