What's new

Indian explosives found in Karachi

KARACHI: The CID police on Wednesday claimed to have arrested five members of a banned militant outfit and seized about 150 kilos of explosives of Indian origin, automatic rifles and suicide vests from them.

A senior CID police official said that the five suspected militants, all residents of Karachi, were arrested in different parts of Orangi Town and they were planning terror attacks on key installations in the city.

‘Initial investigations suggest that they all are militants and associated with the banned Lashkar-i-Jhangvi. They have a history of police arrests on different charges,’ said CID SP Fayyaz Khan.

‘We have seized two suicide jackets, two sacks containing 150 kilos of explosives made by an Indian company and five Kalashnikov rifles with bullets and magazines.’

The SP was speaking to reporters at the DJ College Ground on Dr Ziauddin Ahmed Road where the seized explosives and suicide jackets were being defused by the officials of the Bomb Disposal Squad.

However, he did not offer an explanation when asked why he chose a playground, and that too in the high-security zone of the city, for a site to defuse the seized explosives.

When asked whether the arrested suspects had any links with India, the official said that investigations were in an early stage and the CID did not reach any conclusion about the suspects’ connections with the neighbouring country.

The arrested suspects, aged between 25 and 26 years, are identified as Nasir alias Saifullah, Shakeel Barmi, Atif alias Chooha, Wasim alias Baroodi and Afzal alias Rickshaw Wala.

The official was reluctant to share details of the police action which led to the arrest of the suspected militants.

However, he said the CID police were looking for four of their accomplices – Rasheed Swati, Arif alias Chota, Danish and Naseer – who were still at large.

The CID police claimed that the arrested suspects were planning to target government buildings and prominent individuals. ‘Their main targets were government buildings and hotels,’ said SP Khan.

‘The initial investigations revealed that the suspects were also planning to target prominent personalities including politicians and government members.’

The seized explosives were put on display at the DJ College Ground. The inscription on the two white plastic bags containing about 100 kilos of potassium chlorate, read: ‘Manufactured by Vaigai Industries, Karaikal, India’.

The remaining 50 kilos of explosive material was packed in two small aluminium boxes.

The fresh arrest of the alleged militants came as a fifth such action of the CID in the city, as only a couple of weeks ago they had arrested the alleged Amir of the Karachi chapter of the banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan and his accomplices.

DAWN.COM | Metropolitan | Five ?militants? held in Karachi with explosives

There are few things that should be made clear here:

1. The socalled "Indian explosives" is potassium chlorate used primarlily as industrial chemical ....though can be used as raw material for making expolsives.

So its very likely this indian company made chemical made its way to pakistan through regular import or as part of black marketering...its for Pakistani cops to figure that out.

2.The captured terroists are from banned Lashkar-i-Jhangvi group,not exactly TTP taliban.

Pakistani members know the modus operandi of Lashkar-i-Jhangvi and its objectives.

Last edited:
I think we are talking about Potassium Chlorate not RDX.
As of now it is not entirely impossible that the source is Vaghai.

Vaighai industries has a bad record and its affairs are under investigation already for misusing of higher grade Chlorate. But the violations are not criminal as far as discovered till date.
Times Chennai - Latest News, Flash News, India, World News, Chennai News, Business, Sports, Cricket

Either there is some foul play really at Vaigai or Vaighai was chosen by investigators for implication to take advantage of its bad reputation.

Thanks for information. It seems that this material may be landed here through regular ways and shipment and is being used by terrorists to make explosive.

Its high time Pakistani authorities should check such shipment and banned this material

Now even LeJ is an Indian asset lol. .

Many of their members have joined al-qaeda and many suicide bombers are being sent by LJ.

Such people can be assest to any anti-Pakistan country there is nothing surprising about that.

first rule of a false flag op- use the other guys stuff. If India wanted to send in suicide attackers, they would be using equipment recovered from battles with Pakistani supported militants in Kashmir. They would not be using bags of raw chemical made and packaged in India.

Thanks for information. It seems that this material may be landed here through regular ways and shipment and is being used by terrorists to make explosive.

Its high time Pakistani authorities should check such shipment and banned this material

It was exported from INDIA. Should not be tough job locating the local importer.

AM...in this day and age...do you expect these quasi-contrabands to be delivered by horse-carts to Pakistan?
Global trade has shrunk the world my friend....and there are more ways that the vaigai sacks would have landed in Pakistan....and I am guessing one of them might be through trade.

from..Chemicals

"We are the largest exporter of Potassium Chlorate from India, our exports reach across three continents, covering 25+ countries. We have been acknowledged as top quality manufacturer by both domestic and overseas customers"

Let me help you understand.....

TTP claims responsibility every time they slaughter a bunch of your fellow countrymen because they are causing the catastrophe. They want to rule your country, no matter how many lakes or rivers of blood they have to wade through. Look back in history.......not too far. In the past seven years how many village elders in FATA have been killed by these thugs? What did your leaders do? Nothing. Your leaders were more interested in creating a strategic rabid dog army where they could get an advantage over their perceived enemies. The rabid dogs have become so powerful they have decided to own your country. now you and your fellow country men have to decide....

Well, sorry dude, I don't get it. Why so much of the selfishness. US is killing innocents all the time and you're talking about Talibans only? Why all the time ignoring the facts that 800+ innocents have died in drone attacks so far, please check the stats. Just 3% is the success ratio of drone attacks.

These rabid dogs were once privileged by you guys, am I wrong? Why hypocrisy? First you used them and now you kicking them? Makes no sense to me that 'military' is the ONLY solution left to subdue Afghanis or to win their hearts and minds.

Do you honestly believe that Indian terrorists were nabbed at two different occasions? Then I have a very profitable bridge I want to sell you. You can get a toll from every vehicle that crosses it. If GOI was stupid enough to send terrorist to Pakistan it would do repairable harm to their country. I would characterize the harm as more than 10 times the effect of the Mumbai attacks. If you have any proof of RAW or CIA involvement then I will buy the bridge myself.

Why should I not believe that while Pakistani Intelligence Agencies have caught Indian Terrorists backed by RaW while things are so evident. We've proofs. Tell me why should I, or rather WE should not believe it?

Ah, well!! Do read yesterday's Washington Post edition where it's clearly written that Hamid Karzai's (President of Afghanistan) brother is on the payroll of CIA. He receives payments from CIA and trade poppies and opium. What USA is doing there in Afghanistan? What CIA is doing there in Afghanistan? They're trading drugs to all over the world. Washington Posts clearly say how he receives payments from CIA. Why on Earth 52% Americans (perhaps more) oppose the war and are against the increment of troops in Afghanistan?
[/QUOTE]

Lets face it... it is not "it could be TTP" it is TTP. I explained why it would be stupid for the Indians. Blackwater is a private company, they provide protection for people who pay them, what do they have to gain by destabilizing Pakistan?

What did Black Water do in Iraq back in last year, killing a host of innocents. Could you please explain to me were they not Black Water personnel?

Tell me what you don't gain to destabilize Pakistan lol? All that CIA and US want is to dispatch the nuclear programme of Pakistan. What could be any other big reason than this? Let alone Black Water.

Last edited:
Raw trying to make trouble again!

first rule of a false flag op- use the other guys stuff. If India wanted to send in suicide attackers, they would be using equipment recovered from battles with Pakistani supported militants in Kashmir. They would not be using bags of raw chemical made and packaged in India.

You are contradicting yourself here in saying that india would use stuff from Pakistan so why on earth would the Kashmiri fighters use stuff from Pakistan and not from india , why would they not use stuff made from india ?!?!

You are quick to point out 'rules of false flag operations' when the mumbai attack happened these indians producded soaps and toothpastes made in Pakistan as 'evidence' and you gladly eat that poop and now you come an tell us the rules of false flag operations

This is the 'evidence' the indians gave :

avaiable in full here:
http://www.thehindu.com/nic/mumbaiattacksevidence-1.pdf

The likes of you gladly took as proof of Pakistan's involvment and here we have explosives not toothpastes and milk and you come running to protect your cow.

Pakistan will kick the teeth of all its enemies and we KNOW who the enemies are.

You are contradicting yourself here in saying that india would use stuff from Pakistan so why on earth would the Kashmiri fighters use stuff from Pakistan and not from india , why would they not use stuff made from india ?!?!

many times they do, but the ops in Kashmir are not false flag ops, or even convetional black ops. They are 1 nation supporting the separatist in another.

Do you know what a false flag op is?

You are quick to point out 'rules of false flag operations' when the mumbai attack happened these indians producded soaps and toothpastes made in Pakistan as 'evidence' and you gladly eat that poop and now you come an tell us the rules of false flag operations

What would India gain from a false flag op in Mumbai?

What would Pakistan gain by producing evidence of a planned Indian RAW attack on Pakistan?

Right now Pakistan is eating itself alive, there are elements that don't want to face the fact that Pakistan's real enemies are Pakistanis.

DIVISIONS
Chemicals
Oils
Textiles
International Trade

CHEMICALS
Products

Potassium chlorate is the most industrially important chlorate, or chlorate of potash, KClO3.

Potassium chlorate is a colourless crystalline substance that melts at 356°C and decomposes violently at about 400°C. It is a powerful oxidizing agent and is used in making explosives and matches; a mixture of potassium chlorate with phosphorus, sulphur, or any of numerous organic compounds (e.g., charcoal or sugar) explodes upon friction or percussion. When a chlorate is heated, oxygen is evolved, often explosively, and the chloride is formed; e.g., 2KClO3 => 2KCl+3O2. The reaction proceeds controllably at lower temperatures if a catalyst, e.g., manganese dioxide, is used; this provides a convenient source of oxygen. If the chlorate is heated carefully at a lower temperature so that no oxygen is given off, the perchlorate and chloride are formed; e.g., 4KClO3 => 3KClO4+KCl.

Applications

Potassium Chlorate is used to make a variety of products, as an oxidizing agent as well as to make fireworks and explosives. Vaigai’s potassium chlorate finds a variety of uses, as:

Basic raw material for the safety match work industries
Bleaching agent in textile industry
Oxidizing agent
Used in dyeing Industry
Paper disinfectant

Specifications

Product Potassium Chlorate (Match Grade)
Formula KCLO3
Appearance White powder
Purity 99.7% min
Moisture 0.05% max
Insoluble Material 0.033% max
Chlorides 0.035% max
Calcium & Magnesium 0.025% max
PH 6 to 8
Particle size 90% passing through 200 mesh
Packing Export sea-worthy 2 layer HDPE bags with PE lines or Kraft paper with PE lines in 25 kgs net. Bags are palletized and shrink-wrapped
Anticaking Silicagel in pouch will be placed as a strong anti-caking agent inside every bag

Chemicals has been the core area of operation for Vaigai since its inception. Our Chemical division is located at Karaikal, about 250 kilometers from Madurai.

Since 1981, our chemical plant has been India’s 2nd largest Potassium chlorate manufacturing facility. Continuous research at our R&D centre leads to process improvement and also ensures a world-class quality product.

Vaigai is a major supplier of Potassium chlorate to the safety match industries in India with 40% market share. Our 11 distribution centres at strategic locations form an extensive network across the country, backed by solid logistics and communication facilities ensures a smooth supply of our products throughout India.

We are the largest exporter of Potassium Chlorate from India, our exports reach across three continents, covering 25+ countries. We have been acknowledged as top quality manufacturer by both domestic and overseas customers

Besides increasing our capacity and customer base, we constantly upgrade our manufacturing technology to attain better efficiency and product quality.

many times they do, but the ops in Kashmir are not false flag ops, or even convetional black ops. They are 1 nation supporting the separatist in another.

Do you know what a false flag op is?

What would India gain from a false flag op in Mumbai?

What would Pakistan gain by producing evidence of a planned Indian RAW attack on Pakistan?

Right now Pakistan is eating itself alive, there are elements that don't want to face the fact that Pakistan's real enemies are Pakistanis.

Hi,

Right now we are telling you what is happening---if it happens on indian turf---it is from pakistan---if it happens on pakistani turf---it is never from india---

like the u s has never paid off any insurgents in iran or any other country to do their biddings---what is it ut india now---suddenly they have taken ownership of 'sainthood',---and have attained new level of innocence.

Indeed pakistan has internal issues, but then suddenly RAW has not taken vows of celibacy either.

They are 1 nation supporting the separatist in another.
That is incorrect - Indian Held Kashmir is recognized by the UN and a majority of the international community as disputed territory (and was by the GoI for a long time as well). As such Pakistan is not supporting separatists in another nation, since IHK is not India.

India supporting the East Pakistan militants and the Afghans trying their hand with Pashtunistan was 'supporting separatists in another nation'.

I am amazed at the GOP that never bring these charges to the world and let Pakistan media any information into these events.

Either GOP is very naive or its simply plain stupid.

Indians paraded a single trigger happy creep all over the world where as GOP is ashamed at even pointing the finger at Indians despite having credible proof.

Back
Top Bottom