Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
Narayana Murthy

Born: August 20, 1946
Achievement: One of the founders of Infosys Technologies Limited; Chosen as the World Entrepreneur of the Year - 2003 by Ernst and Young

Narayana Murthy is the Non-Executive Chairman and Chief Mentor of Infosys Technologies Limited. He is a living legend and an epitome of the fact that honesty, transparency, and moral integrity are not at variance with business acumen. He set new standards in corporate governance and morality when he stepped down as the Executive Chairman of Infosys at the age of 60.

Born on August 20, 1946, N.R. Narayana Murthy is a B.E. Electrical from University of Mysore (1967) and M.Tech from IIT Kanpur (1969). Narayan Murthy began his career with Patni Computer Systems in Pune. In 1981, Narayana Murthy founded Infosys with six other software professionals. In 1987, Infosys opened its first international office in U.S.A.

With the liberalization of Indian economy in 1990s, Infosys grew rapidly. In 1993, the company came up with its IPO. In 1995, Infosys set up development centers across cities in India and in 1996, it set up its first office in Europe in Milton Keynes, UK. In 1999, Infosys became the first Indian company to be listed on NASDAQ. Today (in 2006), Infosys has a turnover of more than $ 2billion and has employee strength of over 1,20,000. In 2002, Infosys was ranked No. 1 in the "Best Employers in India 2002" survey conducted by Hewitt and in the Business World's survey of "India's Most Respected Company." Conducted in the same year.

Along with the growth of Infosys, Narayana Moorthy too has grown in stature. He has received many honors and awards. In June 2000, Asiaweek magazine featured him in a list of Asia's 50 Most Powerful People. In 2001, Narayana Murthy was named by TIME/CNN as one of the 25 most influential global executives. He was the first recipient of the Indo-French Forum Medal (2003) and was voted the World Entrepreneur of the Year - 2003 by Ernst and Young. The Economist ranked Narayana Murthy eighth on the list of the 15 most admired global leaders (2005) and Narayan Murthy also topped the Economic Times Corporate Dossier list of India's most powerful CEOs for two consecutive years - 2004 and 2005.

Azim Hasam Premji

b0afeea1993d8ec02669337f7d11c503.jpg

Azim Hasham Premji, Chairman, Wipro Corporation is an alumnus of Stanford University, USA. He joined Wipro in 1966 at the age of 21. Under his leadership, a Rs. 70 million company in hydrogenated cooking fats has grown to a $500 million diversified Corporation in Services, Technology Products and Consumer Products with leadership positions in the businesses it is in.

One of the world's richest men, Mr. Azim Premji's strength lies in bringing together and building teams of high potential-high performing people. His vision and pragmatism have helped Wipro Corporation become the #2 most competitive and successful company in India as rated by Business Today, a leading business magazine in India. Wipro in terms of market capitalization is among the top 10 Corporations in India.
Over the years, Premji diversified into sectors like computer hardware and lighting, disregarding marketing laws that extolled the virtues of core competence and frowned on brand extensions into unrelated segments. Despite all the success, the media-shy Premji maintained a low profile, letting his work do all the talking. Until early last year the media broke the story that Azim Premji had become the second-richest man in the world. In spite of his billions, however, he still travels economy class and stays in budget hotels.

Humanitarian Space
In the year 2001, Premji established Azim Premji Foundation, a not-for-profit organization with a vision of influencing the lives of millions of children in India by facilitating the universalisation of elementary education. This means every child is in school and learning. The financial resources to this foundation have been personally contributed by Premji. The current programs of the Azim Premji Foundation cover over 5000 rural schools.

Mantra
Ordinary people are capable of extraordinary things, Have the courage to think big.

still the fastest:smitten: you don't believe our GDP ,fine.than visit china.or i can show you some wuhan photo, if you don't believe my photo ,you can use google earth....... you won't say chinese government owned the g.e ,right?and the city like wuhan is everywhere in china ,you can compare to your major economic city

Just read what the articles says. China will lose its first position if WB predictions are true.

GDP= GDP = consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports)

Where does a picture of Wuhan come in this equation? The point being GDP is not calculated by what a country looks like.

There are reasons for why India still lags behind in infrastructure. Because adequate attention was not given to infrastructure development. The reason was partly lack of political will and a more important reason, the major aim has been to get rid of poverty.

But all this has now changed. Delhi has begun taking up infrastructure seriously. Pockets of New Delhi have begun to look like world class city areas. Enormous attention is now being given to infrastructure by this new government. Things are about to change. And change fast.

'India is hurting its citizens by blocking Chinese goods' - China - World - The Times of India

'India is hurting its citizens by blocking Chinese goods'

BEIJING: The Indian government is hurting interests of its citizens by blocking the flow of Chinese goods, the foreign ministry in Beijing said on Thursday.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang told a questioner at a press conference that he was aware of specific ban on Chinese products in India. But China is opposed to trade protectionism all over the world, he said.

"Chinese products are both inexpensive and of high quality. It benefits the people of India. If India shuts the doors to Chinese goods, it will only undermine the interest of Indians," he said adding "China opposes trade protectionism."

India first banned China made toys and has now stopped imports of certain kinds of mobile telephones from China.

\\\"Chinese products are both inexpensive and of high quality. It benefits the people of India. If India shuts the doors to Chinese goods, it will only undermine the interest of Indians,\\\" he said adding \\\"China opposes trade protectionism.\\\"

Poor SOB just lost all credibility with that statement.

@Communist--Do you want your kids to be playing around with leaded Chinese toys...or consuming tainted milk...if you can answer yes to that then please post such ridiculous statements.

We are not the only ones... Europeans and Americans did that too. Nobody wants **** even at dirt low prices...

"China opposes trade protectionism."

Why wouldn't they? They have millions of underpaid labors at their disposal, who can make their products enormously cheap. An advantage that only China has because everyone else cares about human rights. One day, they can sell their goods free of cost as well looking at the way they are going.

Why do Hindus have an obsession with anyone who does good for themselves???

I see no other group that has the same degree of inferiority complex as Hindus. Doesn't make sense. Why don't they get along with everyone else? I try my best but still they treat 'outsiders' like this. CHINA DID NOTHING TO YOU GUYS TO MAKE YOU UPSET, THE 1962 WAS INITIATED BY "AHKAND BHARAT" IN THE 1950s!

Bharat complains about USA protectionism to its "highly-skilled" workforce (which we all know is a farce), yet they do this. Honestly, Indians lose out much more. But whatever, the rest of the world can only accomondate so much whinning.

If you ever get out in the world, you will know that INDIA is LAST --- that's right VERY LAST PLACE in the world. Pakistan, Arabs, Africans, Latin Americans, SE Asians are all AHEAD of India by a long shot. I know Indians make fun of Arabs/Muslims and Africans and look down on them, but they are actually more advanced than India. I really didn't want to leak this out, hoping that Hindu Nationalists "toned down"/calm down. What do you think is the main reason? Yes the British colonized and stole your lost century, BUT THEY DID THE SAME TO AFRICA, ARABS, AND US "Ch1nkies". We don't start fights with you guys, buy why must you be so confrontational with all your neighbors? If you want "revenge" the British are who you should seek, not us! Even to those who commit grievances towards us, we still forgive them. Even though we had a respectable history, we are humble because we realized we fell behind and so we now work hard and study hard. That is why we are able to pull ourselves up! We learn from everyone, including Hindus.

And lastly, all of the negative stereotypes about Chinese people are mostly false! I try not to get bothered because I know your media bombards you constantly with those propaganda (yet you insinuate we have bad media, which is laughable). I know because I grew up in America, lived in India, follow Bharat Media, follow Chinese Media. Even the mere ridiculous gossip, if it is bad-mouthing China, it is picked up and spread like the gospel truth!

Time to grow up! China needs a stable friendly India. And India needs a stable friendly China. Both lose if we engage in this childish bickering. It should be obvious to anyone with intelligence who would enjoy to seeing the "3rd World Savages" (their terminology not mine) stay at the bottom.

Why wouldn't they? They have millions of underpaid labors at their disposal, who can make their products enormously cheap. An advantage that only China has because everyone else cares about human rights. One day, they can sell their goods free of cost as well looking at the way they are going.

Not this human rights issue, do you know INDIA commits so much more human rights violations (e.g. terrorism, foreign terrorism in SL,PK,CN,NP...). Dalits are treated like cr@p, minorities (muslims, christians) are routinely killed and raped, foreigners are raped/killed. Your police officers are corrupt as hell, involved in mafias (or "Dons" as you call them). Your officials regularly buy votes. You cheat foreigners.

Don't act all ignorant about these issues. THOUSANDS OF TOURISTS can testify to what I mentioned. Malays and Philippinos are tired of your crimes in their country.

This is not to blame everyone, just to show you that the rest of the world has eyes. Take for example your MASSIVE FRAUD in IT/BPO. Fake degrees. Fake experience. Fake government papers. UK is filing a massive lawsuit. US IT workers though not all are top-notch, FAR SURPASS Indian developers. How many products have you developed that anyone uses? Your media lies to you about 30% Indian-origin in NASA. No such a thing! Look at the photos, documents, etc most are WHITE, then the next largest minority is CHINESE. You may find some Indians but they are mostly "sanitation engineers".

The truth hurts. You make think you are fooling the world with your fanciful lies, but you aren't. People everywhere are pissed off. Yes, we give you guys slack because you have to "feed your starving family". But when you pissed off the Europeans, Americans, Africans, Muslims, Asians and now us, you need to self-reflect.

The world is undergoing massive 'realignment'. The future is towards a MULTI-POLAR WORLD, whether the Europeans/Americans like it or not. It is inevitable because of equal "potentiality" of all races/ethnicities. That means we better get used to sharing the table with the Africans, Arabs and Asians.

It is to India's benefit more than anyone else if they learn to live in harmony.

Not this human rights issue, do you know INDIA commits so much more human rights violations (e.g. terrorism, foreign terrorism in SL,PK,CN,NP...). Dalits are treated like cr@p, minorities (muslims, christians) are routinely killed and raped, foreigners are raped/killed. Your police officers are corrupt as hell, involved in mafias (or "Dons" as you call them). Your officials regularly buy votes. You cheat foreigners.

Don't act all ignorant about these issues. THOUSANDS OF TOURISTS can testify to what I mentioned. Malays and Philippinos are tired of your crimes in their country.

This is not to blame everyone, just to show you that the rest of the world has eyes. Take for example your MASSIVE FRAUD in IT/BPO. Fake degrees. Fake experience. Fake government papers. UK is filing a massive lawsuit. US IT workers though not all are top-notch, FAR SURPASS Indian developers. How many products have you developed that anyone uses? Your media lies to you about 30% Indian-origin in NASA. No such a thing! Look at the photos, documents, etc most are WHITE, then the next largest minority is CHINESE. You may find some Indians but they are mostly "sanitation engineers".

The truth hurts. You make think you are fooling the world with your fanciful lies, but you aren't. People everywhere are pissed off. Yes, we give you guys slack because you have to "feed your starving family". But when you pissed off the Europeans, Americans, Africans, Muslims, Asians and now us, you need to self-reflect.

The world is undergoing massive 'realignment'. The future is towards a MULTI-POLAR WORLD, whether the Europeans/Americans like it or not. It is inevitable because of equal "potentiality" of all races/ethnicities. That means we better get used to sharing the table with the Africans, Arabs and Asians.

It is to India's benefit more than anyone else if they learn to live in harmony.

@SinoIndus Friendship,

Come on man, get out of your Utopian dream. Indians are not going to listen to your logical analysis. If you show such kindness or modesty, they will negatively take it as weakness. No matter how much you try, you are not going to achieve any friendship goal with the Indians. Thats the fact. The sooner you realize this, the better for you as you will not be so tired.

OK. Continue. I guess, after a few days, you will get tired and give up this Utopian dream.

@ Sino-Indus,

Brother, another way of getting rid of the Utopian dream is that you can visit their forum. If you are interested then I can send you a link as Personal message. Just visit their forum and see how they treat Chinese people there.

@SinoIndus Friendship,

Come on man, get out of your Utopian dream. Indians are not going to listen to your logical analysis. If you show such kindness or modesty, they will negatively take it as weakness. No matter how much you try, you are not going to achieve any friendship goal with the Indians. Thats the fact. The sooner you realize this, the better for you as you will not be so tired.

OK. Continue. I guess, after a few days, you will get tired and give up this Utopian dream.

I'm already tired of all their insecurity. Makes absolutely no sense why they would cause us trouble just because Uncle Sam is sqeezing their balls. Why divert the suffering onto us? If they worked with us then we both can go to WTO and file a joint complaint (which has a stronger chance of success). Instead they are too narrow-minded to see that. Before the Brutish came there was no such thing as an "India". The closest they ever got was the Mughal Empire that was a LOOSELY knit of many kingdoms, but even that only covered a small area of modern day India-Pak. Back in Prince Sidhartha's time King Asok only had a few fiefdoms in southern Nepal.

The British Raj instilled their dangerous colonial mindset. :crazy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes. But the British Raj only instilled a colonial mindset. But they already had an imperial mindset. Just could not materialize it at that moment due to their technological backwardness. Now they are trying to materialize their imperial agenda.

@ Sino-Indus,

Brother, another way of getting rid of the Utopian dream is that you can visit their forum. If you are interested then I can send you a link as Personal message. Just visit their forum and see how they treat Chinese people there.

Trust me, I already know how they treat foreigners. It's not nice at all. I lived among them in India and other cities where Indians have large presence.

I'll say this clearly again. It is more to Bharat's benefit than anyone else's if they live in harmony. It is India that is lacking in (1) technology, (2) natural resources, (3) advance skills, and (4) land. Europe lacks in (2) and (4). Africa lacks in (1) and (3). Poor Asian nations lacks in (3) and (4). Arabs lack in (1), (3) and (4). China lacks in (2) and (4). Even those with advanced technology only have limited speciality.

Truth is we all need each other. :cheers:

Why do Hindus have an obsession with anyone who does good for themselves???

I see no other group that has the same degree of inferiority complex as Hindus.

Doesn't make sense. Why don't they get along with everyone else? I try my best but still they treat 'outsiders' like this. CHINA DID NOTHING TO YOU GUYS TO MAKE YOU UPSET, THE 1962 WAS INITIATED BY "AHKAND BHARAT" IN THE 1950s!

Bharat complains about USA protectionism to its "highly-skilled" workforce (which we all know is a farce), yet they do this. Honestly, Indians lose out much more. But whatever, the rest of the world can only accomondate so much whinning.

If you ever get out in the world, you will know that INDIA is LAST --- that's right VERY LAST PLACE in the world. Pakistan, Arabs, Africans, Latin Americans, SE Asians are all AHEAD of India by a long shot. I know Indians make fun of Arabs/Muslims and Africans and look down on them, but they are actually more advanced than India. I really didn't want to leak this out, hoping that Hindu Nationalists "toned down"/calm down. What do you think is the main reason? Yes the British colonized and stole your lost century, BUT THEY DID THE SAME TO AFRICA, ARABS, AND US "Ch1nkies". We don't start fights with you guys, buy why must you be so confrontational with all your neighbors? If you want "revenge" the British are who you should seek, not us! Even to those who commit grievances towards us, we still forgive them. Even though we had a respectable history, we are humble because we realized we fell behind and so we now work hard and study hard. That is why we are able to pull ourselves up! We learn from everyone, including Hindus.

And lastly, all of the negative stereotypes about Chinese people are mostly false! I try not to get bothered because I know your media bombards you constantly with those propaganda (yet you insinuate we have bad media, which is laughable). I know because I grew up in America, lived in India, follow Bharat Media, follow Chinese Media. Even the mere ridiculous gossip, if it is bad-mouthing China, it is picked up and spread like the gospel truth!

Time to grow up! China needs a stable friendly India. And India needs a stable friendly China. Both lose if we engage in this childish bickering. It should be obvious to anyone with intelligence who would enjoy to seeing the "3rd World Savages" (their terminology not mine) stay at the bottom.

i really dunno wt to make of that blabbering sino... well this forum is a democratic one and has given right to post some sensible and knowledgeable stuff.. if only you had given a look at the link i posted earlier.. might have given you a knowledge of where india stands vis-a-vis the nations and continents you mentioned here ..is it the fear you guys have about competition ..?? finally someone is standing up to china in its own backyard and yeaa it has powerful allies unlike some rogue ones like north korea... and yea do i need to remind you about recently declassified facts about what china said to US.. " you keep pacific .. we take indian ocean " .. wt do you call such mindset.

Back
Top Bottom