What's new

Indian consulate attacked in Mazar-e-Sharif in Afghanistan

Right on cue. Org-X does not want the Indo-Pak talks. They did not expect Modi's surprise initiative, so as soon as they realized that, desperation sets in: they tried Pathankot, now the consulate.

In the past the number of attempts to cross the border into India would go up suddenly in such situations, indicated by incidents of firings (to distract Indian border security from such attempted crossings). But this time both Raheel Sherief and Nawas Sherief have given their words in the US and followed through with public statements to that effect - meaning there is now possible a litmus test as follows, to establish who Org-X is:

* If the border firing incidents go up in frequency we can conclude that it is BAU for Pak army
* If not, that'd mean their supportive links (to jihadi groups) have been broken

Reference to Pak military above is to the a subset within it, that finds it very difficult to completely cut off

Finally someone who may have their finger on the right pulse.

@Oscar
Sir i would like to ask you please enlighten me on my below thinking,

Providing Security to Indian installation and interests around the world is Pakistani responsibility or Indian, while at home we are facing more viscous attack by externally financed terrorists. Why India / Indians blame Pakistan for every security lapse why we are responsible when they fail to protect even their fenced border despite having intelligence reports.

According to preliminary reports, four armed terrorists tried to barge in Indian consulate in Afghanistan’s Mazhar-e-Sharif. Shortly after the attack, the Afghan forces deployed it's officials and two terrorists were killed on the spot. The remaining two, as per reports, escaped and entered a nearby building and have been firing from there. Afghan forces are battling the holed up terrorists.

Afghan news agency Pajhwok Afghan News said in a tweet: "Two attackers were killed in fighting after insurgents attacked Indian consulate in Mazarisharif city."

ITBP officials in Delhi said that it's commandos in Indian consulate in Afghanistan are engaged in a gun battle with terrorists.

One terrorist blows himself after being challenged- one shot dead by ITBP commandos- 2-3 terrorists seemed to be cordoned off Afghan Special Forces team have reached the place-

there is a rumour that mullah fazal ullah is been protected by raw in mizar sharif indian consulate
may be this attack is done to kill some High Value Target

@Oscar
Sir i would like to ask you please enlighten me on my below thinking,

Providing Security to Indian installation and interests around the world is Pakistani responsibility or Indian, while at home we are facing more viscous attack by externally financed terrorists. Why India / Indians blame Pakistan for every security lapse why we are responsible when they fail to protect even their fenced border despite having intelligence reports.

When Indian Government increase the defence budget for its security then its problem for others and they blame that Indian Government doesnt look for its farmers and poors but now when India is on right track and investing money in modernizing its forces then the big powers are having problem.

Whatever Indian Establishment does all just want to know about India and Indians.

More forces will be deployed along the International borders and fencing will be done.

seem like there r forces who dnt like peace between Pak-Ind. it cant be Pak military ,as RS gave its full support for peace process to Ns, neither i think its indian side. We sides should together fight those elements involved in these terror attacks and continue the peace process.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom