What's new

Indian consulate attacked in Mazar-e-Sharif in Afghanistan

Some people are getting really desperate.
desperate are Indians who are trying to sabotage second round of Taliban peace talks with Afghan regime.
and celebrated when first talks were disrupted

Atleast analyze what you are typing, If Pakistanis blame every single thing on Indians same thing goes around of Indians. So we are equal either we both are equally stupid or smart.

No use wasting time on morons, I'd say let them whine. Its really a very clear indication of their own staged dramas or some other force trying to put the two countries on the brink. Obviously that trick is working on Indians.

These are Modi murderer's tactics to show the world that he went to Pakistan for peace but got this in return. Pakistan should plan next diplomatic move carefully.

These are Modi murderer's tactics to show the world that he went to Pakistan for peace but got this in return. Pakistan should plan next diplomatic move carefully.

If there was a champions trophy for conspiracy theories you guys will win hands down. Why would Modi sabotage his own peace initiative? Why now?? What is the gain?? None in my opinion.

Is it just coincidence that you see attacks happening right after some peace overtures between India and Pakistan. This has been the pattern for two decades now. Always the attacks happen on Indian assets or Indian soldiers.

Obviously you have hawks in your country who don't want peace with India. Remember 1999 Kargil intrusion right after Agra summit. It was the same BJP govt. and Nawaz Sharif PML govt. in power back then also.

Now Modi is being given shock treatment for extending his hand in friendship. Is this the cost of friendship with Pakistan??

As any sensible person knows that ISI would have waited a few days before consulate attack to not make its connection obvious.

This one is funny .

Why would ISI wait ? Does it have control over all its assets ?

At least he is tacitly admitting that ISI did these kind of operations in the past. :lol:

While I agree I would hasten to add that his or any other Pakistanis admission or denial is inconsequential by now.

While I agree I would hasten to add that his or any other Pakistanis admission or denial is inconsequential by now.

I totally agree. Here history is repeating itself. We should fortify all our assets and consulates in Afghanistan. They seem to be easy target for these terrorists. I lost count how many times our consulates in Afghanistan have been attacked.

Pros and cons for Pakistan and Pakistani ISI if they indeed have conducted both Pathankot and Mazar Sharif operations:

Pros:

<Leaving this space for Indians to fill>

Cons:

- Bad image if they are caught considering they have provided effective dossiers to all friendly countries about Indian RAW involvement in Pakistan
- Disruption of peace talks and losing focus on CPEC construction
- Disruption in the peace process between Afghan Taliban and Afghan government

<Pakistani members can add more here>

Explosions and gunfire have been heard at the Indian consulate in the northern Afghan city of Mazar-e-Sharif.

Officials said the attackers had tried to enter the compound but had not been able to and were now in an adjacent building. Security forces reportedly cordoned off the area.

Indian diplomatic missions have come under attack from militants in the past in Afghanistan.

In 2008 and 2009, the embassy in Kabul was attacked twice, with dozens killed.

An Indian consulate official told the AFP agency from inside the compound that fighting was going on around the building.

No group said it was behind the attack. Indian officials said no staff had been harmed in the attack.

In May 2014, heavily-armed gunmen attacked the Indian consulate in Herat, while in August 2013 nine civilians died when the Indian consulate in Jalalabad was targeted.

India mission in Afghan city of Mazar-e-Sharif comes under attack - BBC News

Even as the operation against terrorists at the Pathankot airbase continued on Sunday, the Indian consulate in Mazar-e-Sharif in Northern Afghanistan came under attack from four armed terrorists. The terrorists were still engaged in heavy gunbattle with the Special forces of the Afghanistan police. As per latest report available at 4 am on Monday, two of them were hiding in the adjacent building and special forces were trying to break into the main entrance with the help of armoured vehicle. The Indian consulate building continued to receive splinters, as the terrorists were firing from RPGs.

The commandos of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force, which guards the consulate building, were the first to engage with the terrorists for almost an hour and were able to thwart the attack.

DG ITBP Krishna Chowdhury told The Hindu: “Our men engaged with the terrorists and managed to stop them before they could inflict any damage.

The Afghan National Police had reached the consulate building by then and took over after that.”

The officer added that the firing was directed at the consulate from an adjacent building and there were at least four armed men. Two of them were reported to have been killed.

At 10.27 p.m. a rocket-propelled grenade was fired, which hit Alamas hall, a wedding venue near the consulate building, which also houses the residence of Noorulah, deputy to the Vice-President of Afghanistan.

I wonder why the attack happened at Mazar i Sharif, which is the stronghold of Tajiks / Hazaras / Uzbeks and is the power base of the pro-Indian elements in Afghan Govt. Stronghold of Northern alliance. Is thousands of kilometers away from Pak-Afghan border. Why not Jalalabad / Kandahar consulates attacked or even Kabul embassy ?

The attack happens thousands of KMs away from the border and in the heartland of pro-indian elements. And the usual blame would be on ISI.

Very strange.

I wonder why the attack happened at Mazar i Sharif, which is the stronghold of Tajiks / Hazaras / Uzbeks and is the power base of the pro-Indian elements in Afghan Govt. Stronghold of Northern alliance. Is thousands of kilometers away from Pak-Afghan border. Why not Jalalabad / Kandahar consulates attacked or even Kabul embassy ?

The answer to the doubts expressed lie in your post itself.

Two fold aim. 1 - to display the ability to strike in areas considered safe. 2- Since it is ' thousands ' of Km away the perpetrators can look the other way & pretend they didnt do it.

No, nothing is strange in an Indo Pak context.

afghan_2681950f.jpg

A Google map image showing Mazar-i-Sharif.

Heavy fighting was on today hours after militants attempted to storm the Indian diplomatic mission in the Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif as special forces carried out clearing operations with India’s Ambassador here saying all were safe in the Consulate. Clearing operations in Mazar-i-Sharif on by special forces, Indian Ambassador to Afghanistan Amar Sinha said.

“Heavy fighting going on,” he said, adding that Balkh province’s Governor Atta Muhammad Noor was personally monitoring the situation.

Mr. Sinha, in a tweet, said all were safe in the consulate. Explosions and gunfire rang out last night as militants attempted to storm the Indian diplomatic mission in Mazar-i-Sharif.

Indian and Afghan security forces were jointly engaged in a gun-battle with at least two unidentified attackers, who attempted to strike the Indian consulate here.

In all 4-5 attackers were believed to have launched the attack, sources said.

The sources said a contingent of Afghanistan security forces and India’s Indo Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) were retaliating and combating intermittent gunfire that is emanating from a building near the consulate since last night and it is believed that at least 2-3 attackers are still active out of the total of 4-5 who attempted to storm the heavily guarded complex.

“Two attackers are believed to be killed after security forces engaged them,” they said.

The operation to completely neutralise the attackers, who first hit at about 2115 hours IST yesterday, is still on and gunfire is being exchanged between the two sides even as Afghan forces are trying to get into the consulate building, the sources said.

“All the Indian staff is safe,” they said.

Meanwhile, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a meeting to discuss the terrorist strike on Indian consulate in Afghanistan.

Officials said the gunmen yesterday tried to enter the consulate from its rear end and fired an RPG round which got mis-directed and hit a building called the Alamas wedding hall, about 100 metres from the Indian Consulate building.

At least 4-5 rocket rounds and numerous bullet rounds have been fired towards the Indian complex, they said, but none of them hit the building.

“A tight cordon has been created by the Afghan security forces on the outside and Indo-Tibetan Border Police personnel in the proximate circle of the consulate,” the sources said.

The forces have been asked to ensure zero movement outside the consulate.

No group claimed responsibility for the attack which came just a day after Pakistani terrorists attacked an IAF base in Pathankot in Punjab.

The attack also comes days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi was in Kabul on a brief visit on December 25 during which he inaugurated the new building for Afghan Parliament built by India at a cost of $ 90 million.

(This is a developing story and will be updated)
Gunbattle underway near Indian Consulate in Afghanistan - The Hindu

This one is funny .

Why would ISI wait ? Does it have control over all its assets ?

I am sure unlike Raw it has .

If we take your view then if ISI doesn't control them then those are not its assets.

At least he is tacitly admitting that ISI did these kind of operations in the past. :lol:
Ofcourse ISI did and so did Raw and CIA , Mossad , MI5 and KGB

Its kids knowledge.

Just read Mission Raw by RK doval to learn something out of that little box your media has confined you poor souls into

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom