What's new

Indian consulate attacked in Mazar-e-Sharif in Afghanistan

I am not saying that their will be repercussions

But
We will not do anything that will undermine the Nawaz Sharif government
Rest everything is on the table

Prime Minister's Office
04-January, 2016 17:29 IST
President Ashraf Ghani calls PM and condemns cross border terrorist attack in Pathankot

The President of Afghanistan, Mr. Ashraf Ghani made a telephone call to the Prime Minister. He strongly condemned the cross border terrorist attack in Pathankot and extended condolences at the loss of lives in the attack. President Ghani also briefed the Prime Minister about the terrorist attack in Mazar-e-Sharif and expressed support at the loss of lives and property in the earthquake in India.

Prime Minister thanked President Ghani for his message of support at the cross border terrorist attacks and the earthquake. He also expressed deep appreciation for the exemplary bravery and courage shown by the Afghan National Security Forces in thwarting the terrorist attack in Mazar-e-Sharif and ensuring security and safety of the Indian Consulate and personnel. Prime Minister conveyed that India would always stand with the people of Afghanistan.

Isn't this the second recent attack on Indian consulate in Afghanistan.

ITBP Jawans are stationed now in Afghanistan and Afghan National Army will give assistance to any attack on Indian Consulate there.

This is good news, we should have captured some in pathankot too it could be game changer......

helicopter_2683359f.jpg

An Afghan National Army (ANA) helicopter drops commandos on the roof of a building during an operation near the Indian consulate in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan on Monday.

Two alert constables of the Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force thwarted an attempt by terrorists to storm the Indian Consulate building at Mazar-i-Sharif in Northern Afghanistan, which came under attack on Sunday night, a senior government official said.

The two terrorists were either injured or killed by the ITBP commandos as the jawans saw the bodies being dragged away by other members of the group.

Three bodies were recovered outside the Consulate on Monday, though an unknown number of terrorists engaged in a fierce gun battle with the Afghan forces till late on Monday night. “The role of the ITBP was to secure the premises when it was attacked during the night. Our men performed that duty quite well. Their morale is high and it is because of their alertness, the attack could be averted,” said Krishna Chowdhury, DG, ITBP.

Though the Ministry of External Affairs initially said the Consulate building could not have been the target, ground reports and analysis of the grenade fired from the rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) launcher establish that the terrorists wanted to attack the building. The RPG burst missed the Consulate but hit another building behind, which led the MEA to believe initially that they were not the target, a senior government official explained.

The first attempt to storm the Consulate was made at 9.15 p.m. on Sunday, when the terrorists fired thrice from the RPG. This alerted the ITBP commandos who stopped them at least 150 metres away from the main entrance.

More commandos joined in and they held fort for more than two-and-a-half hours till the Afghan National Police took over from them. Late on Monday night, the Afghan authorities declared that the gun battle had ended and all terrorists had been killed.

desperate are Indians who are trying to sabotage second round of Taliban peace talks with Afghan regime.
and celebrated when first talks were disrupted

Isn't a blatant Hippocracy and double standards- Both on part of rest of the parties facilitating the talks and more so WRT Pakistan- when all have been constantly saying- There is no good Taliban or bad Taliban and no compromise can be made- I have even seen several Pakistanis with DPs saying- "The only good Taliban is the dead Taliban" But since Afghanistan is a weak country dependent on several other countries for Its survival It has to follow the lead-

Now coming to "Taliban ""PEACE"" Talks"- IMO Taliban are doing a very good job themselves- now please get in the shoes of the other negotiating partner- Whom should he talk to and trust- when you have different fractions coming up and each fraction killing other's leadership and commander on regular basis recently- I mean where is the assurance that the same Talib negotiator will live in between two rounds of talks-

And given the infighting- Isn't Taliban talking from a position of weakness- The Afghan Govt- by all means can negotiate with opposing party and leave the Pakistan appointed Taliban- somewhat like India did with Khaplangs in Naga peace accord- which left out the Khaplang fraction which was more Burmese than Naga-

I wonder why the attack happened at Mazar i Sharif, which is the stronghold of Tajiks / Hazaras / Uzbeks and is the power base of the pro-Indian elements in Afghan Govt. Stronghold of Northern alliance. Is thousands of kilometers away from Pak-Afghan border. Why not Jalalabad / Kandahar consulates attacked or even Kabul embassy ?

The attack happens thousands of KMs away from the border and in the heartland of pro-indian elements. And the usual blame would be on ISI.

Very strange.

There was a bomblast near Jalalabad consulate Today-

By Reuters | Updated: Oct 26, 2016, 08.26 PM IST
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ack-indian-consulate/articleshow/55073409.cms

KABUL: Afghan authorities have arrested two men who were planning to attack the Indian consulate in the city of Jalalabad and seized bomb-making equipment, the National Directorate for Security said on Wednesday.

The arrests come at a time of heightened tensions between India and Pakistan over Kashmir and after an attack on a police academy in the Pakistani city of Quetta this week in which around 60 people were killed.

The consulate, in the eastern region bordering Pakistan, has been attacked before.

panchkula-suicide-extraordinary-terrorist-afghanistan-jitendra-hindustan_96871c3e-fb8a-11e6-aa44-d0b605bc50f5.JPG

Jitendra Kumar Yadav was awarded with DG Insignia and Commendation for his extraordinary act of valour.(Sant Arora/ HT Photo)
Updated: Feb 26, 2017 00:23 IST
Hindustan Times, Panchkula

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...dg-insignia/story-RY0uvPc3KydVzDMwIqmNlO.html

Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) jawan Jitendra Singh Yadav who fought terrorists at the Indian consulate in northern Afghanistan last year was awarded with DG Insignia and Commendation on Saturday at the ITBP centre here, though many believe he should have got the President Police Medal Gallantry.

The 33-year-old jawan was guarding the main gate of the consulate in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, when a fidayeen attack took place on January 3, 2016. He engaged the three terrorists and injured two of them.

Other recipients of awards at Saturday’s function said he should have got the President’s medal and his case needed to be pursued properly.

Terrorists had launched the attack at 8:25pm, 25 minutes after the shift changed. Yadav, who hails from Jharkhand, was equipped with two grenades, a light machine gun and INSAS rifle. The terrorists attacked with rocket launchers, while Yadav relied on his INSAS rifle.

“Two of the three terrorists were injured and the third one came to their rescue and dragged them inside an abandoned German consulate. The gunfight continued for the next 27 hours,” said Yadav.

“I am happy that I saved 43 lives in the Indian consulate. But, I was told that if I had failed in foiling the attack, I could have faced an inquiry,” he said.

Yadav kept the terrorist engaged and alerted the Afghan police. There was no casualty on the Indian consulate side. Afghan forces took over the operation and killed the terrorists. They had blamed Pakistan for the attack. The attack had come at the same time when Indian forces were battling Jaish-E-Mohammad terrorists in Pathankot.

Yadav, who joined ITBP in 2004, is at present posted as constable (general duty) at Dehradun.

HS Goraya, IG, who had come to felicitate the ITBP personnel, said, “I am not aware of his case. There are others who decide about the awards.”

Yadav did not complain, but he appeared upset. “I will put up my case before my unit again,” he said.

‘Modi motivated me to construct 57 toilets in my village’

Havildar Vikas Thakur, 42, of Paonta Sahib in Sirmaur district in Himachal Pradesh, was awarded with DG Insignia and Commendation as he helped in construction of 57 toilets in his village. He had joined ITBP in 1994. “PM Modi motivated me. My village is now open defecation-free. I contributed Rs 57,000 for 57 poor families,” said Thakur. After Thakur, others followed and contributed for the toilets.

Himachal government had also felicitated him last year. Currently, he is posted at Dehradun.

Constable Amit Chauhan, 28, contributed in rescue efforts at Hemkunth in Uttarakhand during the 2013 floods. Along with other personnel, they constructed a bridge which helped in rescuing 5,000-6,000 people. He was also felicitated at ITBP centre here. A native of Uttarakhand, he is currently posted at Joshimath in the state.

panchkula-suicide-extraordinary-terrorist-afghanistan-jitendra-hindustan_96871c3e-fb8a-11e6-aa44-d0b605bc50f5.JPG

Jitendra Kumar Yadav was awarded with DG Insignia and Commendation for his extraordinary act of valour.(Sant Arora/ HT Photo)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...dg-insignia/story-RY0uvPc3KydVzDMwIqmNlO.html

Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) jawan Jitendra Singh Yadav who fought terrorists at the Indian consulate in northern Afghanistan last year was awarded with DG Insignia and Commendation on Saturday at the ITBP centre here, though many believe he should have got the President Police Medal Gallantry.

The 33-year-old jawan was guarding the main gate of the consulate in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, when a fidayeen attack took place on January 3, 2016. He engaged the three terrorists and injured two of them.

Other recipients of awards at Saturday’s function said he should have got the President’s medal and his case needed to be pursued properly.

Terrorists had launched the attack at 8:25pm, 25 minutes after the shift changed. Yadav, who hails from Jharkhand, was equipped with two grenades, a light machine gun and INSAS rifle. The terrorists attacked with rocket launchers, while Yadav relied on his INSAS rifle.

“Two of the three terrorists were injured and the third one came to their rescue and dragged them inside an abandoned German consulate. The gunfight continued for the next 27 hours,” said Yadav.

“I am happy that I saved 43 lives in the Indian consulate. But, I was told that if I had failed in foiling the attack, I could have faced an inquiry,” he said.

Yadav kept the terrorist engaged and alerted the Afghan police. There was no casualty on the Indian consulate side. Afghan forces took over the operation and killed the terrorists. They had blamed Pakistan for the attack. The attack had come at the same time when Indian forces were battling Jaish-E-Mohammad terrorists in Pathankot.

Yadav, who joined ITBP in 2004, is at present posted as constable (general duty) at Dehradun.

HS Goraya, IG, who had come to felicitate the ITBP personnel, said, “I am not aware of his case. There are others who decide about the awards.”

Yadav did not complain, but he appeared upset. “I will put up my case before my unit again,” he said.

Havildar Vikas Thakur, 42, of Paonta Sahib in Sirmaur district in Himachal Pradesh, was awarded with DG Insignia and Commendation as he helped in construction of 57 toilets in his village. He had joined ITBP in 1994. “PM Modi motivated me. My village is now open defecation-free. I contributed Rs 57,000 for 57 poor families,” said Thakur. After Thakur, others followed and contributed for the toilets.

Himachal government had also felicitated him last year. Currently, he is posted at Dehradun.

Constable Amit Chauhan, 28, contributed in rescue efforts at Hemkunth in Uttarakhand during the 2013 floods. Along with other personnel, they constructed a bridge which helped in rescuing 5,000-6,000 people. He was also felicitated at ITBP centre here. A native of Uttarakhand, he is currently posted at Joshimath in the state.

A true hero. Jai Hind.

Not many yadavs have earned my respect Brother.

Proud to have u as a fellow Indian.

jai Hind :)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom