What's new

Indian backpacker in Vietnam vlogs

many, like kokalta,varanasi,delhi, japur, agra, madurai, kochi,bombay etc. among which I like kochi most by the way.

Believe me, even 1990 china is better than today's india in term of order, cleaness and overall living standard. Never assum similar Gdp will bring similar development. That is why I say vietnam looks like a developed country comparing to india even though you two have roughly the same gdp per capital.

@pher : we would talk about Vietnam in this thread, no comparison, no bashing country.

Yeah, on topic post is welcome.
You don't need to promote Vietnam but clearly don't insult India as a country in the thread about Vietnam destinations.

hahah, vietnamese dude don't welcome you to the topic until you post some interesting fotos taking in the two vientam trips.

Cat Ba island
hvg_636059274416129021.jpg

Keep on topic please. If you haven't got information pertaining to touring around Vietnam, please don't post.

Indians should have no problems at all in Vietnam. Vietnam is actually much easier for them than for typical westerners.

Although I haven't been to Vietnam, but having travelled around the rest of Asia, being Asian helped a great deal, even though I'm third generation.

Yeah, on topic post is welcome.
You don't need to promote Vietnam but clearly don't insult India as a country in the thread about Vietnam destinations.

Cat Ba island
hvg_636059274416129021.jpg

How often can you guys come across Indian travelers there?

Keep on topic please. If you haven't got information pertaining to touring around Vietnam, please don't post.

Although I haven't been to Vietnam, but having travelled around the rest of Asia, being Asian helped a great deal, even though I'm third generation.

Did you ever go to my north neighbor Mongolia?

The map as illustration for the clips
- Hanoi as first destination in Northern of Vietnam : Noi Bai airport is 27km away from Hanoi center
Attraction lists:
Hoan Kiem Lake or Returned Sword Lake with the legend of a King returned the sword to the Golden Tortoise after he defeated the enemy ( the Ming occupation ).
Vietnamese Ladies museum in 36 Ly Thuong Kiet street
- Next : to Ha Long city with Ha Long Bay and Cat Ba islands - UNESCO heritage
Return to Hanoi,
- Next : to Sapa ( Lao Cai ) : the mountain area with gorgeous scenes of nature beauty and minorities' community.

Map-North-Vietnam.png

Stumbled across this, Vietnam looks like a great, fascinating place to visit....it is on my bucket list for sure!

If my Viet friends on this forum could tell me if there are any corrections/suggestions/random comments they have for this vlog that would be great...

I always found selfie-stick people annoying....but now I see the point (somewhat!)

Viets seem to be overall really friendly people to strange brown foreigners. Good to see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAPWC0yyoTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBdF1O7gMp0

@Viet @Carlosa @xiao qi @BoQ77 @vtnsx @Silent Knight @waz @Bilal9 @Levina

@Gibbs @Godman

Absolutely. Most of south Asia, since they are developing countries, have much in common. Many things are familiar and you know how to deal with them or be aware of them.

Westerners on the other hand, and particularly if they are new to South Asia, well, its a different story, there is a lot that they can't handle. They are used to a very sanitised environment. They'll call room service at the hotel to complain that there is a mosquito in the room, things like that. They get duped very easily.

Absolutely. Most of south Asia, since they are developing countries, have much in common. Many things are familiar and you know how to deal with them or be aware of them.

Westerners on the other hand, and particularly if they are new to South Asia, well, its a different story, there is a lot that they can't handle. They are used to a very sanitised environment. They'll call room service at the hotel to complain that there is a mosquito in the room, things like that. They get duped very easily.

Ha! Yes many Western folk find it hard to cope without air conditioning lol. I remember power outages and I thought othing of it, and would simply wet my face, hands and arms and walk outside. It's the small things we know haha. Oh and being duped, sadly many Western folks are very polite and simply might think they are offending if the say no or complain.

Asia in general is the safest continent bar Europe and North America. Nearly all SEA countries have a negligible murder rate, crime is low and it's safe to explore. You can do any of these things in most South American countries, which I have to say are very dangerous, the Caribbean or parts of Africa. Although Africa is strange in that one country is at total peace and the crime is non-existant e.g. Ghana, but if you go to South Africa it's another story.
Asia for me is my go to destination time and time again, and as I said it's not only just that I am Asian.

Yup...crazy...but to an Indian, not too much of a worry.

You say that because you haven't seen an ocean of motorcycles coming right at you in a busy Saigon street. I've never seen anything like that in India.:D

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom