What's new

Indian backpacker in Vietnam vlogs

Yeah. When I suggested my Indian partners that there're some Indian restaurants here, he rejected and stated He want to try Vietnamese foods.

Beside Pho, Korean ppl always need the same foods as they are at home. And the language issues. Korean speak a little of English.
So for the Korean community in Vietnam, the foods must be Korean style, and interpreters needed.

I feel like I'm at home when travel to ASEAN countries

Yes, Korean tourists in Danang are the same. Korean tour agencies always take them to Korean restaurants and of course charge them a lot.

When it comes to coffee, Koreans always ask for Americano coffee (American coffee) which is little more than water and is just black coffee. Oh well....... They are really missing out, they are in the land of coffee.

Yes, Korean tourists in Danang are the same. Korean tour agencies always take them to Korean restaurants and of course charge them a lot.

When it comes to coffee, Koreans always ask for Americano coffee (American coffee) which is little more than water and is just black coffee. Oh well....... They are really missing out, they are in the land of coffee.

This is a real story told like a joke.
When I went to a Korean restaurant with some of Korean colleagues, in Hanoi.
We told the staff "We all want to try Vietnamese coffee, after few pouring of water,
I remind them again and get answer that "You did try few cups of coffee already",
I checked their coffee maker to make sure that "Really we did drink a few of coffee cups" but it's not coffee, it's like rinsing water of coffee maker.

Or another story, when I still work as sale manager of a Korean company, my lower ranking colleage was asked to prepare instant coffee for three Korean people by 1 pack for 3 cups, she made mistake by pour 3 packs into each cup.
And wow.

Btw, G7 is the most known and best selling coffee among Korean, and the brand was distributed solely by Lotte in Korea. Korean bought a lot of that as gift when they visit Vietnam, as price of G7 in Korea three time higher than in Vietnam

Korean visitors or newly comer always trust in Korean who lived in Vietnam for some years, and several time, I noticed that they were robbed/cheated by their Korean friends.

Surprise to see that chocolates made by Vietnam cocoa are the best one on earth.

Last edited:
every time when I come back I need few days to get used to the heat and humidity :cheesy:

Thailand is hotter, but their rich girls skin is still bright, as they always in aircon room or car. That's what I noticed after many trips to Thailand.

Compare to india, vietnam looks like a developed country, no wonder indians like it.

stop making this a spam site for you.

This is a real story told like a joke.
When I went to a Korean restaurant with some of Korean colleagues, in Hanoi.
We told the staff "We all want to try Vietnamese coffee, after few pouring of water,
I remind them again and get answer that "You did try few cups of coffee already",
I checked their coffee maker to make sure that "Really we did drink a few of coffee cups" but it's not coffee, it's like rinsing water of coffee maker.

Or another story, when I still work as sale manager of a Korean company, my lower ranking colleage was asked to prepare instant coffee for three Korean people by 1 pack for 3 cups, she made mistake by pour 3 packs into each cup.
And wow.

Btw, G7 is the most known and best selling coffee among Korean, and the brand was distributed solely by Lotte in Korea. Korean bought a lot of that as gift when they visit Vietnam, as price of G7 in Korea three time higher than in Vietnam

Surprise to see that chocolates made by Vietnam cocoa are the best one on earth.

Where is the good quality cocoa from Vietnam? What brand? I have friends that own a coffee shop and they can't find the good quality cacao, at least in Danang. I bought some cacao from USA that was originally from Ecuador and they loved it. Ecuador and Peru have the best cacao as far as I know.

Thailand is hotter, but their rich girls skin is still bright, as they always in aircon room or car. That's what I noticed after many trips to Thailand..

Rich girls yes (they call them Hi So girls in Thailand "Hi Society"), but there are tons of brown / dark skin girls in Thailand, much more than in Vietnam.

Where is the good quality cocoa from Vietnam? What brand? I have friends that own a coffee shop and they can't find the good quality cacao, at least in Danang. I bought some cacao from USA that was originally from Ecuador and they loved it. Ecuador and Peru have the best cacao as far as I know.

Tan Phu Dong, Tien Giang ; Dong Nai, Ben Tre, Lam Dong all have good cocoa.
Marou is the chocolate brand - made in Vietnam
vi-sao-the-gioi-phat-sot-voi-socola-viet-nam.jpg

caccao.jpg

Tan Phu Dong, Tien Giang ; Dong Nai, Ben Tre, Lam Dong all have good cocoa.
Marou is the chocolate brand - made in Vietnam
vi-sao-the-gioi-phat-sot-voi-socola-viet-nam.jpg

caccao.jpg

Ok, thank you, I'll check this out and talk to my friends about it.

I have been to your country twice, I know what it looks like. you people talk and dream too much, do too little, plus your democratic incapable government, I don't see any bright future either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich girls yes (they call them Hi So girls in Thailand "Hi Society"), but there are tons of brown / dark skin girls in Thailand, much more than in Vietnam.

Yes, I met with Hi So in meeting room, and met another in the minimart as cashier or somewhere else.
to be frank, some Thai Hi So young guys is more beautiful than girls. So I am not surprise if they want to be girl.

Yes, I met with Hi So in meeting room, and met another in the minimart as cashier or somewhere else.
to be frank, some Thai young guys is more beautiful than girls. So I am not surprise if they want to be girl.

Thailand is famous for the travesties, they can definitely compete with women.

Now a days people ride from Delhi (Bullet Motorcycle) and all the way to Thailand via Myanmar.

Many Indian fellow working in Singapore. Many visit Vietnam for business chance, they all contact me via Whatapps and start chatting about the chance.
I must tell you, HCMC is the first place in Vietnam that Indian businessmen would visit. Hanoi is next place

But not as ridiculous than real joke.

View attachment 329076

Don't pay attention to his intentionally derailment. Just report him

Indian partners told me the fact applied to a specific range of goods ( which is my field ):
When importing to India:
China made goods pay 30% of import tax
Vietnam made goods pay 10% of import tax

Nice thread. Yes, most people in Vietnam are friendly and accommodating to foreign tourists, particularly in the smaller cities and villages. Its typical for people and children to say hello to you and to try to start a conversation or to get invited to some coffee or food by people in coffee shops and restaurants.

There are black sheep also, tricky people, particularly taxi drivers and tour agencies / tour guides (they'll sell you one thing, but give one of a lesser value).

Try to use the green taxis, that's the best company and they have better control of the drivers.

Crossing a busy street in the big cities can be a hazard, keep in mind that most drivers in Vietnam feel that they have the priority and expect that you'll get out of their way. If crossing a very busy street, try to walk next to a Vietnamese. When crossing the street is very important not to do unexpected, sudden moves. The driver will calculate what you are doing, but if you move in an unexpected way, then you put yourself at risk.

Also, when crossing the street, be very mindful of the motorcycles that are TURNING into that street, I feel those are the most dangerous, you can be crossing on a green light, which means that you have the priority, but drivers may just turn onto the street and act like if you and the green light don't exist at all.

When taking buses for long distance travel, use the sleeper busses, they are really good, but ALWAYS USE A HIGH QUALITY BUS COMPANY such as Sinh Cafe, FUTA, etc.

In the big cities, particularly in HCMC, be careful with your phone / hand bag. Guys in a motorcycle can pass right next to you and snatch it.

In some tourist areas in the big cities, street sellers may come to you and push you to buy something, don't give in to them, you don't have to buy, don't believe their stories, but if you buy something, better bargain hard because almost for sure they are overcharging you big time.

In most shops for souvenirs / gifts etc, you are expected to bargain. Don't believe anything they tell you, like: this is from America, this is very high quality, etc. They'll say anything to make a sale.

When checking in in a small hotel, make sure about the price in writing, get a slip of the room rate, make sure about what you are supposed to get so that there is no surprises at the time of checking out,

Renting a regular scooter motorcycle should run between 100,000 and 150,000 vnd per day / $5 to $7 usd (less if weekly rate). 1 to 1.5 million vnd per monthly rate $45 to $70).
i would not advise to drive in HCMC or Hanoi due to intense traffic. Other cities are ok.

Beware of cheap coffee in the small places / street coffee shops. The coffee is often mixed with soybeans, colorants, etc. Its actually partial or fully fake coffee, you will not feel the effect of caffeine because it has none.

I'll think of more things and post later.

Edited: I'll keep coming back to add more things.

Wow.. Vietnam is unexpectadly beautiful. I'll definitely visit this land. And a question for you if you don't mind. Which destination would you recommend for a beach holiday?

Thailand is famous for the travesties, they can definitely compete with women.

Some asked me how to identify a Vietnam girl from Thai girl.
My answer is Vietnamese girl applies none-to-very thin of makeup layer, while Thai make up heavily.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom