What's new

Indian AWACS Reloaded: Competition For 6 Aircraft Announced

@Informant where did i mention Pakistan in my post?? Dont assume things yourself and India has 25 % share of R&d IN PAKFA project.

Deleted my post !!

please do not use such language. . . i got infraction for using it . . and two negatives rating as well.

ME TOO we can be NEG bros :D

@Informant where did i mention Pakistan in my post?? Dont assume things yourself and India has 25 % share of R&d IN PAKFA project.

Dude you implied it, i SEENT it.

Tum barday tez ho ab masoom na bano.

Mainly it is the Chinese air force and missile forces that should worry India. With their huge fleet of Su-27 copies and derivatives, they can overwhelm us if we don't reach the sanctioned squadron strength for the IAF.

I disagree on that, since they have proven before that the mountain areas are no issue for them to attack India. They ground forces today are so capable, IA doesn't stand a chance in numbers and capability, especially since their infrastructure around the borders is also far better than ours.

On air force level we can compete with them at the moment, since they can't afford to divert too big parts of their fleet to our borders, since their real threats are in East Asia and quality wise IAF remains ahead so far, but propper surveillance and tanker support will be crucial!

The biggest threat for India however are Chinese SSBNs and SSNs, which poses a huge offensive threat to our costal areas, are hard to detect in the wide area of the Indian Ocean and even harder to counter with our current state of ASW capability. So it's not their bulk surface fleet that we need to worry about, which mainly will be used for defence and control of their costal areas anyway, but even a few of these subs that can cause havoc for us.

I disagree on that, since they have proven before that the mountain areas are no issue for them to attack India. They ground forces today are so capable, IA doesn't stand a chance in numbers and capability, especially since their infrastructure around the borders is also far better than ours.

On air force level we can compete with them at the moment, since they can't afford to divert too big parts of their fleet to our borders, since their real threats are in East Asia and quality wise IAF remains ahead so far, but propper surveillance and tanker support will be crucial!

The biggest threat for India however are Chinese SSBNs and SSNs, which poses a huge offensive threat to our costal areas, are hard to detect in the wide area of the Indian Ocean and even harder to counter with our current state of ASW capability. So it's not their bulk surface fleet that we need to worry about, which mainly will be used for defence and control of their costal areas anyway, but even a few of these subs that can cause havoc for us.

If they want they can attack us and ruin us financially any time,thats a reality.
We cannot sustain the war,niether militarily nor financially.
But it will never happen,and hopefully after a border aggrement they are our future ally to counteract the nato.thats the order of progression

Their submarines have the very same limitations that their surface fleet has - how would they get into the IOR, without being detected? They have to navigate through chokepoints like the malacca straits, which are some of the most congested maritime routes in the world. All that IN/IAF have to do is continously patrol that region from A&N islands using their long range ASW assets like P-8Is or Tupoleves and surface vessels. Only a narrow region needs to be continously patrolled to keep the entire IOR sanitized. It's like having to keep an entire skyscraper free from burglars - all we need to do is guard the entrances, not patrol all floors and rooms.

Besides, they don't need SSBNs to strike our coastal areas - their land based missiles can do that as well, which is why I mentioned their missile forces as a big threat.

As for their ground forces being capable, it does not matter - at most they can deliver another defeat to us in a border conflict like in 1963. But they cannot march into New delhi or invade the country, because the required number of troops simply cannot pass through the mountains.

All that IN/IAF have to do is continously patrol that region from A&N islands using their long range ASW assets like P-8Is or Tupoleves and surface vessels.

If that would be that easy, we wouldn't see Chinese subs roaming around the Bay of Bengal, let alone the whole Indian Ocean area (it's not only the Malacca straight that can be used by SSNs and SSBNs), without IN detecting them. We have still far too less aircrafts vessels and more over subs to counter that threat over such a large area, while a surface fleet can be detected and countered much easier, because INs capabilities in the surface fleet are better and gets constantly improved, while the ASW capability is badly lacking behind.

Besides, they don't need SSBNs to strike our coastal areas - their land based missiles can do that as well, which is why I mentioned their missile forces as a big threat.

But their missile stations for the most part are stationary and can be easier monitored, or attacked by our forces, subs can't which is why they are used as the most capable 2nd strike option. Same reason why we develop Arihant and SSNs now, to pose a threat to their costal areas as well. And they can't take out our naval forces with land based missiles only, that's where their subs came into play as well, without them, they have not only free access to our backyard, but also free supply of oil.

As for their ground forces being capable, it does not matter - at most they can deliver another defeat to us in a border conflict like in 1963. But they cannot march into New delhi or invade the country, because the required number of troops simply cannot pass through the mountains.

I don't even think they would march to Delhi, they want a land based access to the Indian Ocean, so taking our eastern sector should be far more interesting for them then Delhi. With nukes on both sides, it hopefully won't come that far, but we still need to have the capability to counter the threats and the lack of AWACS and tankers, as well as offensive strike capabilites in IAF, as well as credible ASW in IN are the most worrying things.

Chal bhardway phut yaha se. Dekhta nahin tere barday baat kar rahe hain.

Plus 6 AWACS tender is obviously to counter China, India's biggest Nemesis/Papa :D

@WebMaster @Oscar @Aeronaut

Chal bhardway phut yaha se. Dekhta nahin tere barday baat kar rahe hain.

Plus 6 AWACS tender is obviously to counter China, India's biggest Nemesis/Papa :D
Jitni Aukaat ho Utni hee Baat karo.

BAchu tere se zyada hi hai, i think. Or maybe not. Rotay raho ge? Owweinn

It was in jest, if it went over your head, my bad. You're too short probably :P

No Kid …I am not crying …. Just letting MODs know … How civilized you are … I can answer you in better way…Only because, I don want to use dirty language over the Forum … Otherwise I would have done BEEP BEEP to you nicely.

No Kid …I am not crying …. Just letting MODs know … How civilized you are … I can answer you in better way…Only because, I don want to use dirty language over the Forum … Otherwise I would have done BEEP BEEP to you nicely.

What happened to you was you didnt grasp the above two comments consecutively. I am sorry if you cant read between the lines, fault of your Yenglish teachers.

It was a joke which you did get, then i did the same. Maybe you need some happiness in your life.

As pointed to by the more astute Indian members.. a reactionary move to compensate for the rather slow progress(or stumble) in the homegrown system.

What happened to you was you didnt grasp the above two comments consecutively. I am sorry if you cant read between the lines, fault of your Yenglish teachers.

It was a joke which you did get, then i did the same. Maybe you need some happiness in your life.
Lets not try humour that not everyone gets. Not everyone has the same perception of PoV... things can be misread or misuderstood.

As pointed to by the more astute Indian members.. a reactionary move to compensate for the rather slow progress(or stumble) in the homegrown system.

Lets not try humour that not everyone gets. Not everyone has the same perception of PoV... things can be misread or misuderstood.

I expect a lot from India seeing their huge potential and such an image throughout the world barring the rape issue. This attracts foreigners to them in droves. I'm sure you have met many whitie tighties running in flocks. Plus their internal situation is heaven compared to ours, their security is better much much better plus a huge economy with smooth sailing. My queries were in the form of sincere flattery and concern since they have moved on to China from Pakistan. So had a few queries because they are rapidly acquiring without just as much R&D.

Yeah the dry humor bounced over is head. Got it.

Till when we can keep ordering planes after planes after planes from foreign companies. India is expected to buy over 1000 passenger and military planes over the next decade and the potential in the foreign market is well over 10000 planes in next 20 years.

A country of 1.3 billion is unable to grab even a small pie of this market which keeps growing. We are not even daring enough to make an attempt.

Do you guys know that India was the first nation outside of Europe and America to build a fighter called HF-24 Marut. But building upon the experience of Marut we chose to lick Russian Balls and today South Korea, Japan, China and even Brazil have outpaced us in aerospace.

I am not against foreign acquisitions but an aggressive attempt is required to capture a fair pie of world aerospace market.

Back
Top Bottom