What's new

Indian Army to get new Sniper rifles for LoC on 20th January: COAS

Indian COAS confirm that india is losing battle every day in LoC. they can have world best rifles for sniping but where they going to get snipers like Pakistanies who actually force their best trained sniper to change rifles..

On skill I could quote the Olympic medals won by our army trained marksmen but I don't want to go their.

Indian COAS confirm that india is losing battle every day in LoC. they can have world best rifles for sniping but where they going to get snipers like Pakistanies who actually force their best trained sniper to change rifles..
On paper Pakistan is always the winner. No Competing with that. Even after 1971, siachin kargil. Don't want to change the focus.

You can buy.

But we've been investing in sniping for 20 years. We have dedicated institutes for research on ballistics, we make our own ammunition, our own rifles, our own scopes, TI sights, training simulation and climatic measurement taking instruments and computers. We have multiple dedicated schools for theoretical studies and dedicated, purpose built ranges for training. We also send graduates to front lines to conduct COIN ops.

In other words, we've built an entire ecosystem for training DMM, Snipers and Sharp Shooters. India buying a bunch of off the shelf rifles isn't going to cut it.

I've been fortunate to see the field manual used by Pakistan Army for Sniper training. Its over 500 pages and is taught in modules. It covers all aspects and is designed based on entirely indigenous research and information.

What's this special equipment Pakistan has that the Indians can't buy ? I know you don't mfr any sniper guns.

You can buy.

But we've been investing in sniping for 20 years. We have dedicated institutes for research on ballistics, we make our own ammunition, our own rifles, our own scopes, TI sights, training simulation and climatic measurement taking instruments and computers. We have multiple dedicated schools for theoretical studies and dedicated, purpose built ranges for training. We also send graduates to front lines to conduct COIN ops.

In other words, we've built an entire ecosystem for training DMM, Snipers and Sharp Shooters. India buying a bunch of off the shelf rifles isn't going to cut it.

I've been fortunate to see the field manual used by Pakistan Army for Sniper training. Its over 500 pages and is taught in modules. It covers all aspects and is designed based on entirely indigenous research and information.
Sounds impressive.

Indian COAS actually said, India is killing twice as many Pakistani soldiers as Pakistan.

Even during the days of Kargil conflict, there were news claimed in Indian sources itself that, Pakistani soldiers used to target Indian soldiers by firing directly into their heads. In other words, highly targeted kill with great precision i.e by snipers. So we have been doing it since years.

So India is receiving around 6000 sniper rifles.
Hope they have been tested for cold conditions.
A good accurate gun makes a lot of difference and with armour piercing rounds could bring the LOC to life again.

Again u missed the point like most indians do, i was talking about best men.. Not fire power . all the best weapons in the world wont help anyone unless u have men who are best. Best of men can turn stones and brass age weapons into death for soft enemy.

Its going to take u guys a few good years to match pakistani men with snipers they have had good few years head start, till u catch up there would be a next good surprise for them on LOC.
We already have better men.
Thanks.

So you don't have any Snipers, let alone "hundreds of Snipers" since you never had any suitable platform.

Indian SOF may have a handful good shots at best and they're not going to give them out to the Army.
We do but iur main sniper rufles for infanteybused to Dragunov SVD MK2

SVD is NOT a Sniper Rifle. Its a semi automatic designed marksman rifle. Our buddy @DESERT FIGHTER owns one.

Sniper rifles are generally bolt action, single shot rifles.

We already have better men.
Thanks.

We do but iur main sniper rufles for infanteybused to Dragunov SVD MK2

Back
Top Bottom