What's new

Indian Army shot Pakistani officers, after calling flag meeting

the ambush was pre-planned, It seems Indian marksmen were told to wait till the Pakistani troops show up after the announcement and shoot as their own party takes cover.
normally when the two sides physically meet up after the flags are posted and radio messages exchanged for the stipulated time, both sides cover each other's party for such eventuality.
clearly the Pakistani rangers were set upon this time and hopefully they will know better next time.
Is it your version or AM's version that is the official Pakistani stand (if there is one, since nothing of this sort is mentioned in the Pakistani communication to India). Were these rangers coming for a flag meeting or were they patrolling close to the border not expecting to be fired upon since the flag meeting was already called. And why is tribune reporting that the flag meeting was called by Pakistani rangers AFTER the incident ?

Two Rangers personnel killed by Indian BSF in Shakargarh – The Express Tribune

"While, the BSF local commander Shakargarh summoned the Rangers personnel to attend a flag meeting at 11am right after the incident today."

@waz

Our position is very simple ; we dont start the firing ; we only retaliate
We have adhered to the ceasefire

But the CONTEXT of what is happening on the LOC is also very important
In the era of Man mohan SIngh India's retaliation was restrained and defensive

Now the local ARMY commanders are enjoying their new found freedom to retaliate
We are firing the SAME calibre shells but in a bigger number (4:1 )

Still we have NOT yet started firing of heavy artillerry ; that is our committment to peace

This new aggression by India is NOT being liked by Pakistan
But the INDIAN people were fed up by the passivity and timidity of the previous government

And are now enjoying this show of strength

or were they patrolling close to the border not expecting to be fired upon since the flag meeting was already called. And why is tribune reporting that the flag meeting was called by Pakistani rangers AFTER the incident ?
I cant answer most of your questions and can only speculate we have same access to what is reported and then we decide what to make out of it.
bodies have to be recovered and we give each other timeout to do that. we done that many times even along the LoC. this is international border we were not planning or stopping an invasion.
yes calling in the meeting again was risky when Pakistanis were set upon earlier but I dont know the alternative. continue fire at each other positions and villagers across both sides?

@Irfan Baloch @karan.1970 @IND_PAK

The issue has been raised through diplomatic and military channels with India. The Pakistani FO has provided additional details that are consistent with the previous Pakistani media accounts quoting the Rangers spokesperson.

Responding to a question about cross-border firing by India in Shakargarh, the spokesperson said Pakistan had lodged a strong protest with the Indian deputy high commissioner and handed over a protest note to him that contained details of the incident.

Tasnim said the country’s soldiers were asked to meet the other side with white flags and were then ambushed. This, she added, was a sheer violation of international laws and bilateral understandings.

“Pakistan has demanded India to investigate the incident and give exemplary punishment to those responsible,” the foreign office spokesperson said.

Pakistan,US to hold strategic dialogue in Jan: FO – The Express Tribune

Last edited:
@waz

the simplified view of an Indian.
makes perfect sense doesn't it? Pakistan MUST be instigating all these shootings from Kashmir to Rajhistan yes..? because it is not engaged enough in a bloody war with the TTP with much of its forces deployed in tribal areas.
so the rangers initiate the shooting on the international border for what? oh infiltrate and disrupt the peace yea?
and Pakistani villagers are shot in their fields and their homes because they are going to cross the border yes?

you guys must open up a shop giving such such simplified explanations to the complexities of life.

I do find some dark comedy here in your comments because they are moderated and there is some self control among Indians as well.

much better than what sick comments I came across by accident on the unmoderated and unregulated channels on the Peshawar school tragedy where Indians really showed their sick sense and hatred to the core and then my liberal aman ki bhasha writers ask me why we hate Indians so much. wish I can twist their necks and drag them to those comments which would make any self respecting human sick.

I would really request to you to find out the EXACT Size and strength of Indian Army
I have asked you and other Indians this question several times in response to the chest thumping about 'we are bigger blah blah' - what is the specific number of Indian artillery weapons deployed along the LoC and WB in comparison to the artillery deployed on the Pakistani side and if there is a discrepancy, is it large enough to offer any significant advantage to the Indian side?

Merely throwing around statements that 'we are bigger' is inane.

The issue has been raised through diplomatic and military channels with India. The Pakistani FO has provided additional details that are consistent with the previous Pakistani media accounts quoting the Rangers spokesperson.
this is done for record and for the benefit of the rest of the world and people so that no one says why such thing was not highlighted

Also, it appears that the Reuters piece on the Dawn site has been updated to include the Pakistani version of events, consistent with what the Pakistani FO statement and earlier Pakistani media accounts stated:

Pakistan claims that the latest round of incidents began when Indian border guards killed two Chenab Rangers’ personnel in Shakargarh sector on Wednesday after calling them for a flag meeting on the Working Boundary.

Naik Riaz Shakir and Lance Naik Mohammad Safdar, who were deputed for the meeting sought by the BSF, died amid a hail of bullets, the Chenab Rangers said.

The Foreign Office summoned the Indian deputy high commissioner to lodge a protest over the incident.

A demarche given to the Indian diplomat asked New Delhi “to investigate the incident, bring the perpetrators to justice and ensure maintenance of peace and tranquility along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary”.

According to Chenab Rangers, the BSF firing on Wednesday morning was unprovoked. Flag meetings are routinely held by troops to settle local matters between the two sides.

Exchange of fire along Indo-Pak working boundary, five killed - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

@waz

Now the local ARMY commanders are enjoying their new found freedom to retaliate
We are firing the SAME calibre shells but in a bigger number (4:1 )

Still we have NOT yet started firing of heavy artillerry ; that is our committment to peace

This new aggression by India is NOT being liked by Pakistan
But the INDIAN people were fed up by the passivity and timidity of the previous government

And are now enjoying this show of strength

You've said your position in previous posts. Heavier artillery leads to war, of course they will not be used.
Likewise our people will call for greater retaliation, seeing as 2 soldiers were lost. The rest has to be seen.

I cant answer most of your questions and can only speculate we have same access to what is reported and then we decide what to make out of it.
bodies have to be recovered and we give each other timeout to do that. we done that many times even along the LoC. this is international border we were not planning or stopping an invasion.
yes calling in the meeting again was risky when Pakistanis were set upon earlier but I dont know the alternative. continue fire at each other positions and villagers across both sides?
I still cant get my arms around the fact that a Sergeant and Corporal went for a flag meeting ...Anyway, lets see how this develops.

Responding to a question about cross-border firing by India in Shakargarh, the spokesperson said Pakistan had lodged a strong protest with the Indian deputy high commissioner and handed over a protest note to him that contained details of the incident.

Tasnim said the country’s soldiers were asked to meet the other side with white flags and were then ambushed. This, she added, was a sheer violation of international laws and bilateral understandings.

“Pakistan has demanded India to investigate the incident and give exemplary punishment to those responsible,” the foreign office spokesperson said.

Pakistan,US to hold strategic dialogue in Jan: FO – The Express Tribune

1- India ask for a flag meet, location decided, officials decided, pakistan sends their officials and Indian did an ambush and killed them. --- Unbelievable and the reactions dont suggest either. Such a conspiracy would warrant much reactions/actions and shame not just a strong protest at commander level.

2- Pak nominating 2 non commissioned officers for a flag meet. ---- Again out of my comprehension. (May be @Irfan Baloch can put more light on it if its a norm)

3- India asked for a flag meet. Before a flag meet happened, 2 of the rangers get killed in cross fire. ---- Possible
In case 3, the report can be same as reported - Indians kill 2 rangers after calling for a flag meet.

@karan.1970

Everyone knows how the history of the world ends.

Pakistan can't take it anymore living next to these complete a**holes and nukes the whole damn place. THE END.

Back
Top Bottom