What's new

Indian Army Para troopers hit an NSCN-K camp located inside myanmar

Thank you for the information. The main reason I asked this question is because India will be receiving the Apache E, and I'm wondering if that went in, to provide fires support, the rebels wouldn't be able to recover.

No information from the ground this time. We basically know nothing other than twitter rumors and NSCN version of the events...

Thank you for the information. The main reason I asked this question is because India will be receiving the Apache E, and I'm wondering if that went in, to provide fires support, the rebels wouldn't be able to recover.
I'm thinking the fire support platform is a little irrelevent, Apache E included. The thick bush these guys operate under require "boots on the ground" to make the "hit". The kind of sensors an Apache E carries (FLIR/FCR) are already available to India (Hinds, ALH and recently the Rudra) but would be insufficent to penetrate it, you would require SAR from either a sat or UAS.

@Abingdonboy

Terrain pics of Mon District
Nagaland_6330_zps2a5d473d.jpg

This is Longwa Village right at the border just above Chenmoho

Gun battle between Army, NSCN(K) in Nagaland
Rajat Pandit| TNN | Aug 20, 2016, 12.41 AM IST

HIGHLIGHTS
  • A major gun battle took place between Army troops and suspected NSCN (K) militants along the India-Myanmar border
  • The militants fled back into Myanmar leaving some weapons behind

NEW DELHI: A major gun battle took place between Army troops and suspected NSCN (K) militants along the India-Myanmar border, in the Mon district of Nagaland, on Friday.
Though there were some reports of Indian Paratroopers conducting a "surgical strike" inside Myanmar, Army sources said the fierce encounter took place near Throilu village in Mon district on "our side of the border" at about 5.30 am.
"Our troops had laid an ambush along a known infiltration route. After the ensuing gunfight, the militants fled back into Myanmar. They left some weapons behind. There were no casualties on our side," said a source.

In June last year, days after militants had killed 18 soldiers, Indian special forces had conducted a surgical military strike across the Myanmar border to inflict "significant casualties" on the groups behind that ambush, the NSCN (K) and the Kanglei Yawol Kanna Lup (KYKL).

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...my-NSCNK-in-Nagaland/articleshow/53778161.cms

@Ankit Kumar 002 : Looks like joint ops of AR and para.. Laid ambush, cut off escape routes but yet they escaped.. @Star Wars @Abingdonboy

@Ankit Kumar 002 : Looks like joint ops of AR and para.. Laid ambush, cut off escape routes but yet they escaped.. @Star Wars @Abingdonboy

I doubt we are that incompetent....
It could happen depending on the ammount of advanced notice the security forces had and thus how much haste the operation was planned with. This could have been a direct action mission wherein the security forces were tipped off at the last minuete of such a group on their way to attack Indians and thus the op was launched to disrupt them.

The objective (preventing these terrorists from conducting an attack on Indian security forces) was acheived.

It could happen depending on the ammount of advanced notice the security forces had and thus how much haste the operation was planned with. This could have been a direct action mission wherein the security forces were tipped off at the last minuete of such a group on their way to attack Indians and thus the op was launched to disrupt them.

The objective (preventing these terrorists from conducting an attack on Indian security forces) was acheived.

Two conflicting reports, one claims an SF strike on an NSCN camp, other claims NSCN attacked and got Ambushed.
Makes sense if their camp was attacked, and they retreated immidiatly(recounting the previous experience)

Two conflicting reports, one claims an SF strike on an NSCN camp, other claims NSCN attacked and got Ambushed.
Makes sense if their camp was attacked, and they retreated immidiatly(recounting the previous experience)
Let's wait and see what picture emerges, the common strand to all these stories seems to be these guys were on their way to attack Indina targets and this op was launched to intercept them.

Let's wait and see what picture emerges, the common strand to all these stories seems to be these guys were on their way to attack Indina targets and this op was launched to intercept them.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...econd-time-in-a-year/articleshow/52495649.cms

"The AR (Assam Rifles) has informed us that besides killing eight, they have picked up 18 militants who were later handed over to the Myanmar authorities,

May 30th 2016 , these cross border raids seems to be quiet common

More than the Apache, the requirement is to have drones with tactical SAR capability. The north east is covered with dense forests. And like @Abingdonboy rightly pointed out, the need is for an ability to look under foliage and work under the rainforest conditions prevalent there. A good option would be the ScanEagle which was offered to India. This has the SAR capability and can be used in mountainous terrain and does not need a landing strip. It could also be used for IED and mine detection during CS ops.

May 30th 2016 , these cross border raids seems to be quiet common
They are very common, the fact the media pointed out last year's operation was "special" or unique is what is bizzare.

More than the Apache, the requirement is to have drones with tactical SAR capability. The north east is covered with dense forests. And like @Abingdonboy rightly pointed out, the need is for an ability to look under foliage and work under the rainforest conditions prevalent there. A good option would be the ScanEagle which was offered to India. This has the SAR capability and can be used in mountainous terrain and does not need a landing strip. It could also be used for IED and mine detection during CS ops.
The ScanEagle lacks range, the DRDO is working on a SAR for fitting on the HALE Rustom-2 that should be in service within 4 years.

I suspect the NRTO is using their SAR-equipped HERONs to support the EAC in these kind of missions.

Back
Top Bottom