What's new

Indian Army is mobilizing tanks and troops along the internationl boundary with Pakistan-OSINT

Sir,

I fail to see where the provocations were from the Pakistani side. Let's follow the chain of events:

- IAF strikes targets within Pakistan
- PAF strikes targets inside India. In the process, chasing IAF interceptors cross into Pakistan and are shot down

Dear Sir, As I already mentioned, this is the wrong cross-section. Perhaps if I put it differently: count the number of Pakistani youngsters buried in unmarked graves in the Vale of Kashmir. Each grave represents a provocation.

What ensued in the air was merely the result.

Where is the provocation or escalation from the Pakistani side? PAF rightly so responded, and struck targets within inside India to showcase that it retains the ability to respond. IA's military installations were painted, but at no point were they targeted.

All the provocation was done with before this retaliation began. It was not the PAF being provocative. That has never been a thought in India's mind.

You maybe right in the past about previous PM's, but this PM is a very different beast. He is on top of what is happening, and he is the one that has been driving the policy. He might not know the tactical details of PAF's response, but he is well aware and is in the driving seat in terms of setting up policies.

That is yet to be seen, Sir. We have not seen an independent-minded Prime Minister able to impose his will on the Army to date. Whether this gentleman is in the driving seat or not will be apparent soon enough. Let us wait and see.

If there is one side that was pushing for peace, and begging for talks, that was Pakistan and not India. I mean, one only need to see how belligerent and warmongering the Indian media was. How can one forget Indian anchors putting on military camouflages and pretending to be Generals. The only war mongering that was coming was from the Indian side, while the Pakistani side was consistently pushing for peace talks and dialogue. Look at the response from Pakistan, especially Pakistani media. Throughout the incident, the consistent theme from every segment of the Pakistani society was to avoid war and engage in peace talks because we Pakistanis have seen war, and we have 80K Pakistanis buried under the ground as a testament to that.

The last thing Pakistan wants is a war with India, because we have seen war, and we have seen what it does.

Sir, the whole point of my note was to underline the fact that the anger against Pakistan, fanned assiduously by a slavish Indian media, is now no longer a piece of playacting by media and politicians. Your institutions have been playing with fire, as they have done so often in the past, and once again, as has happened in the past, they are caught unprepared by the angry albeit excessively spontaneous response.

I'd like to point out that the 'upsurge of feeling' has been cultivated by the megalomaniac, with the Indian media essentially acting as a Modi surrogate in scapegoating, demonizing and dehumanizing Pakistan.

I completely agree; no difference of opinion on that. But the fire caught because of the bloody incident at Pulwama.

Pakistan cannot bend in the face of such wanton 'blackmail' based on dishonesty and deliberate hate-mongering. The onus is on (rational and reasonable) Indians to rectify their ship and douse the fires their fellow Indian Bakhts have lit. Looking to Pakistan to just roll over and be drubbed to satiate the monster of Indian public opinion that Modi and the Media have themselves crated and inflamed is just not going to work.

It is not for me to say what anybody should or should not have done. Least of all is it for me to say what Pakistan should have done.

But to allow the man who planned the Mumbai massacre to strut about, and then allow the self-confessed leader of the self-confessed terrorist organisation to join him was Ossa upon Pelion.

It is very brave of Pakistan to stand up to the pressure and the bullying, but it might have been easier if she had taken steps before being called to account for her action, or her inaction. Now it sounds hollow, not to me, but to those whom you need to convince - even as you stand ramrod straight against them and defy them.

Hi,

I understand where you are coming from---but if you needed to know the truth---it is as I stated---.

I hear you.

This is a very popular notion in India and has always been and it does not matter to us anymore who you think the power in Pakistan lies? However the one thing in all of this which should be pondered upon is the confidence with which Pakistan armed forces responded. This confidence was never there during the tenure of previous governments of Zardari and Nawaz and this is where India miscalculated thinking Khan to be the same.

There is the possibility, one not to be discounted out of hand, that dull and insensitive Indian brains might have concluded that the present military team is not too bad, and that previous military teams were quite awful.

But you will have to ask them if this is so, and what they intend to do about it. I can only point to the gridmarks and suggest that you follow them.

Dear Sir, As I already mentioned, this is the wrong cross-section. Perhaps if I put it differently: count the number of Pakistani youngsters buried in unmarked graves in the Vale of Kashmir. Each grave represents a provocation.

All the provocation was done with before this retaliation began. It was not the PAF being provocative. That has never been a thought in India's mind.

That is yet to be seen, Sir. We have not seen an independent-minded Prime Minister able to impose his will on the Army to date. Whether this gentleman is in the driving seat or not will be apparent soon enough. Let us wait and see.

Sir, the whole point of my note was to underline the fact that the anger against Pakistan, fanned assiduously by a slavish Indian media, is now no longer a piece of playacting by media and politicians. Your institutions have been playing with fire, as they have done so often in the past, and once again, as has happened in the past, they are caught unprepared by the angry albeit excessively spontaneous response.

I completely agree; no difference of opinion on that. But the fire caught because of the bloody incident at Pulwama.

It is not for me to say what anybody should or should not have done. Least of all is it for me to say what Pakistan should have done.

But to allow the man who planned the Mumbai massacre to strut about, and then allow the self-confessed leader of the self-confessed terrorist organisation to join him was Ossa upon Pelion.

It is very brave of Pakistan to stand up to the pressure and the bullying, but it might have been easier if she had taken steps before being called to account for her action, or her inaction. Now it sounds hollow, not to me, but to those whom you need to convince - even as you stand ramrod straight against them and defy them.

I hear you.

There is the possibility, one not to be discounted out of hand, that dull and insensitive Indian brains might have concluded that the present military team is not too bad, and that previous military teams were quite awful.

But you will have to ask them if this is so, and what they intend to do about it. I can only point to the gridmarks and suggest that you follow them.
Welcome back, Sirji. Hope you had a good sleep during past few weeks. One good thing for you from this 27/2 thingy is that you probably had plenty of time to see you family, eat, and sleep.

I don't prefer confrontations, but this is the most delusional post i have seen in 2019.

Pakistan has not really been going "Gaga", not the Government or the Military at least. The Government is handling its affairs where as the Military has geared up already for a possible Indian strike or retaliation, probably a sucker punch. Do you know why its just a confrontation and not a war ? Because Pakistan kept it that way responsibly. had Pakistan wanted, it would have been an all out war. The irresponsible behavior of India was an all intent to not just escalate but push Pakistan into a trap of an all out war and then decimate it conventionally since Pakistan is getting stronger with every passing day. If India claims of a kill on Pakistani soldier, Pakistan also retaliates and makes a kill. Its a tit for tat but even after igniting the LOC and killing civilians, India is not succeeding in weakening Pakistan. I can sense the stench of a burn in your words, in your sentences, the way you portrayed your thoughts. Its alright Mate, Pakistan is not Palestine and India is no Israel. You are under no capacity to point out whether there is a victory or not, whether its a moral victory or not. Let me assure you that scared, panicked and frightened nations behave in a very different way than how Pakistan reacted. Its your own blindness that you see a gesture of good will of returning a POW as an act of fright. Maybe that's your take of fear, in Pakistan we call it kindness and act of friendship.

Its ironic that India's tough stand, threatening and dictating Pakistan only bore fruit in securing an immediate release of pilot who Pakistan treated as a guest and respectfully from Day One; not the release of spy Yadav, not the shut down of so called alleged launching pads, not the closure of river and seas shared by both countries etc. So according to you Pakistan became intimidated and then obliged on releasing the pilot. Maybe you should step down from cloud number nine and wake up. The pilot was handed back as Pakistan didn't want to escalate the conflict but end it, however, delusional as Indian war mongering is, a good gesture was taken by India as a slap on the face by Pakistan. Sorry to disappoint you, but yes Pakistan behaved smartly and showed that it has a bigger heart than India could ever have. India wanted war and got a kind gesture in return, the world acknowledged it, i won't bother to copy paste links, do go through neutral media and news channels.

If you visit Pakistan and introduce yourself as an Indian, you will experience it too. Not just a cup of tea and free passage home, but also free stay and free food, not by the Military but a common Pakistani, we as a nation are that hospitable. Why don't you come and find out before you allege us of cowardice.

India lost a helicopter, an economic loss ? Pity, you calculate the lost lives of your soldiers as an economic loss. For me, its a tragic loss of life, getting shot down by your forces is also showing incompetence of the highest level. May i remind you that the words you used for Pakistan wrongly before, like scared, fright etc can be fitted correctly here, Panic is the correct one. Shooting down own plane in Panic, its a loss after all.

As for the Mig-21, I can imagine why its easy for you say its not a big deal. Flying coffins fall everyday in India right ? No big deal, truly ! This one fell inside Pakistan, why bother. Indian Mig-21's are allowed to fall here and there, that's why IAF flies them. A jet in the process of being phased out, armed with best missile and electronics, once touted to be be better than PAF F-16's... is sent to take on adversary aircraft and the loss is accepted as phasing out strategy, truly amazing, anyways moving ahead.

The poor guy Abhinandan had no idea what he was doing or what was going to happen to him on that fateful day, but it did change the course of the situation and made IAF a laughing stock in front of the whole world. It forced Indian Navy into action which was humiliated just like IAF and its sub was sent back scurrying back to India. So its a series of humiliating events, the Indian Army was getting thrashed on LOC all year long, IAF released payload on trees and backed off avoiding actual combat, when the actual combat was enforced on them by PAF, then the IAF pilot got shot down,in panic IA/IAF shot down own helicopter, then the IN sub was detected and told to go back. If indeed there was a military tri-services mocku-mentary to be made, the premise has been written by IA/IAF/IN together.

Are you really trying that hard to define victory again ? if this happened, If that happened. Get real Mate, what has happened as happened. IA/IAF/IN got humiliated and the India Tri Services Command knows it. IAF Pilot error was forced by PAF, but what about the command and control error? Why didn't you IAF send a squadron across? Remember the words you wrote above, fright, panic etc, yes that seems to be the atmosphere in IAF command center.

Its just you coming online to pacify yourself by giving different definitions of victor after every couple of sentences. Good that you acknowledged that crossing LOC is suicide, IAF proved you correct by crossing LOC. PAF showed you otherwise.

Yes there was a confrontation, the outcome was Pakistan losing a few trees where as india losing plane, losing helicopter, losing troops, submarine getting detected. India Government has been violent in statements trying to hide the shame of losses, but its not working out that well. Indian media has been instrumental in igniting own people, but whats the use of that. As for invading Pakistan again, the submarine did show reckless action, poor thing got detected. Now being brave and being reckless/irresponsible are two very different things. IAF recklessly killed a few trees and then stupidly crossed LOC, Pakistan reacted responsibly without initiating war, took down Abhinandan and handed him back. Pakistan might not initiate the war, but it can defend itself. PAF has the guts to cross LOC, and it did.

Im surprised to know that you acknowledge that India has been bullied by Pakistan thoroughly many times in the past. Its amazing to know that such a small country has the capacity to strike fear in the heart of its rival. To think that Pakistan has gone on the defensive means that you have fallen into the trap of delusion. Had Pakistan been on the defensive, Pakistan would never have crossed LOC into Indian air space and flew towards Indian Bde HQ, dropped bombs at a safe location without creating collateral loss and exited safely. Its further delusional on your part to think that Pakistan will approach super powers for a ceasefire, i suggest you wake up and look at the inventories of nuclear weapons of both countries which will make a difference always in a war.

Pakistan made the announcement of an incident of intrusion and bombing because it actually happened this time, unlike last time, where a Bollywood stunt of SF Ops took place in dreams of Indian GHQ and was presented as a reality show infront of the world while no way near to the reality. While Indians succumbs to Indian media's rhetoric, Pakistan doesn't mislead and this a prime example of that. Abhinandan made the mistake of his life by crossing LOC and has now paid the price dearly, bringing shame to IAF and India. If getting hit by enemy earns medals, then IAF certainly outshines all air forces.

Since you mentioned that this time Indians actually crossed the LOC, means you also know that the last venture by IA SF was a lie - glad you agreed. PAF showed that intrusion into LOC will create trouble for IAF, so crossing LOC only brought losses for IAF. If Indian military intents to intrude again, it will meet with the same fate: Losses-Prisoners- Deaths. It now seems that Indian Military is willing to sacrifice its personnel and increase losses to gain absolutely nothing except than inflated ego of politicians. The worth of a soldiers life is so measly in Indian Military that Politicians aim to gain from it, then by all means, keep losing the war of attrition through failure in operational planning.

Pakistan is never scared of a full fledged war; if such was a premise then PAF jets wouldn't have crossed into India and Pakistan would have laid low and ignored or covered the incident, infact never accepted that IAF bombed trees inside Pakistan. See, now this is where your delusional thinking has taken you and proved that you are completely illogical. Pakistan knew that by sending Pakistan was taking a risk of a fledged war but the Bully India needed to be taught that you cannot mess with Pakistan. So PAF jets intruded into Indian air space and the rest is history. India and IAF were shocked to the core, they were not anticipating a strike in broad daylight (check out the confidence and courage of PAF aviators) and make it back safely. India could have started a full fledged war on this premise, but wait, India couldn't, guilty as charged. Shocked to the bone, stunned and speechless, Indian Military just watched as its own aircraft and helicopter were shot down. With a 1.1 million standing army, an Airforce and a Navy bigger than its arch rival, India couldn't do anything but stand and watch in awe and disbelief. Slapped on the face by an Air Force much smaller in strength with light and medium aircrafts, all IAF could do was to show wreckage of a missile while claiming to have downed an F-16, which can never be proved.

This is what India media does to minds of Indian military - The military forgets that it has trained personnel and weapons to fight a war. IAF couldnt win a war in the skies so IAF top brass started a war on media hoping to win it, but failing miserably to prove anything, infact becoming a laughing stock of the world by holding the tail of AMRAAM infront of international audience. Somebody needs to tell them that let the Media fight its own war. Commandeering the cameras is not going to win wars for IAF. The pilots have to actually sit in planes and fly them to win war against PAF. The prowess of PAF forced Indian Military to stand infront of Cameras to fight a war with Pakistan and you are shouting "victory" all over your post, really? Victory by standing infront of the cameras, yeah buddy, sure thats the Bollywood style of victory, always infront of Camera, following a script.

Its a dream of India and enemies of Pakistan that the economy of Pakistan drains and it becomes pennyless. How many years has it been since independence ? 72 ? The Pakistan nation has survived its worst. The past 15 years have been the worst, billions and billions of damage, loans, corruption and what not. But Pakistan is still standing strong and it will keep standing strong. The damages have surely taken place but timely investment through Chinese and other nations has not only come but is also coming, its on the way. There are many countries which are willingly showing interest in CPEC and other avenues of investment into Pakistan are opening up. Chinese have been allocated certain zones and they have been allowed businesses in those zones, similarly KSA has been allocated areas of interest for investment. Its an Indian dream that somehow Chinese come and ruin Pakistan completely, unfortunately, that dream of India will never materialize. Indians have hoped on every step that Pakistan dis-integrates into tiny pieces and collapses. Its not just your desire in 2019, many before you have desired the same for Pakistan, but with every passing day Pakistan stands strong, its military flourishes, its revenue grow, its population increases, its production increases, Pakistan brings more countries closer to it and makes new partnerships and builds new relationships. Russia, Turkey, China are few solid examples. Most importantly, two of these countries are super powers.

Its not just today that LOC is witnessing constant firings and use of ammunition. If firing and expending ammunition was becoming so expensive for Pakistan then why doesn't the firing stop, no one waits for the last bullet. India knows that Pakistan's COD's (Central Ordnance Depots) are scattered all over Pakistan; in major cities, in suburban areas, in military cantonment's, inside bomb proof mountains. If 1000 bullets are expended everyday, the next day 10,000 arrive while POF keeps churning them out. Pakistan has devised sniper tactics and GPS guided mortars for accurate use of ammunition, not just to expend it but also to make kills. causalities are occurring on both sides of LOC, Pakistan has increased intake of officers/soldiers and raised new formations to balance the strategic shift. Pakistan has actually defined the warfare policy on LOC by shifting ts strategy to cover ots weak points impeccably and forced Indian Military to dictate to its terms.

The most beautiful and admirable methodology of Pakistan is that whatever India throws at it, Pakistan adapts and not only survives but also progresses.

Your post will only give you temporary relief, a false sense of victory, fallacious excitement, temporary relief from burns and spurious sense of satisfaction, nothing more. Stay delusional and keep yourself in a happy state of mind by watching Indian media and Bollywood - On Ground Reality is something you cannot face !

Signalian, have you considered the possibility that the ISPR has been lying to the Pakistani public about pretty much everything?

This thread is so god damn derailed that I cant believe it.

Is there really no new info regarding india's mobilization?!

Have you seen this?

One is unfortunately inured to this pattern of gradual alteration of stance until a full 180 degree turn is achieved.

Amazing.

Sir.

They are now trying to straighten out their stories. Few updates after my taking my own sweet time to check around:

1. Live feed from the IAF mission on 26 Feb 2019 was telecast to the PM and the powers that be in IAF (and shared with friendly nations who wanted a feedback). No question of miss. An on ground asset was also kind enough to give a post strike feedback. A report of a P-3C Orion based ELINT (probably EP-3E variant) platform was also reported to have been in air on our side, observing the strike. Post strike, that bit of information is no more available for confirmation from the same person who let it out in the first place, just as the Tigers & Battleaxes were landing back. I believe there is some article indicating real time monitoring by Israel and US too. I would take that to be what it is.

2. A-50 Phalcon ex 50 Sqn IAF has data that proves downing of 02 aircrafts on their side of LC, 01 x Mig-21 (ours) and 01 x F-16 (not ours ;)). This has been confirmed to me. I remain convinced of the same. Now this, my first post here regarding my being convinced about it, was met with a resolute 'no F-16 was used'. So .. no surprises.

Rest, it is wait and watch. Words spoken by DG ISPR and with him, the claims of 01 x Israeli, and the more ridiculous one of 01 x IAF pilot dead and India refused to accept the body, or 01 x Su-30 MKI downed, or twisting it to Mig-27 ..... they all will come back to re-enact the tale of Pakistan & its stories after Kargil.

2. A-50 Phalcon ex 50 Sqn IAF has data that proves downing of 02 aircrafts on their side of LC, 01 x Mig-21 (ours) and 01 x F-16 (not ours ;)). This has been confirmed to me. I remain convinced of the same. Now this, my first post here regarding my being convinced about it, was met with a resolute 'no F-16 was used'. So .. no surprises.
A small observation, Sameer Joshi (ex-IAF) has claimed that:
The IAF did not have any AWACS on station, the PAF had a Saab 2000 ERIEYE 100 km at 30,000 feet, which controlled the battle space out to 150 Km+ inside India, guiding the HiTech F-16s positioning for Ambushing IAF jets in a designated kill zone in south J&K.

The engagement lasted approx. 1000-1030h. By the time IAF's AWACS reached on station, vectoring 2 MiG-29UPGs and more Su-30MKIs towards the Rajouri area, the PAF had turned turtle, leaving in a jiffy after the F16 loss.
A recommendation: Do take some grapes from the grapevine with a bit of salt. After all, some are bound to be sour.

Signalian, have you considered the possibility that the ISPR has been lying to the Pakistani public about pretty much everything?
You’re confusing ISPR with Modi and Modi’s India and the Indian media dear sir.

The evidence and facts are right there, no casualties in Balakot and no evidence of an F-16 downed and yet the Indian government, military and media continue to spout bald faced lies non-stop despite the incontrovertible evidence refuting their claims.

If it wasn’t clear before, it’s obvious now, after the recent series of events, who’s lying and which nation is being brainwashed and led for a ride by their Hindutva extremist leadership.

As you are aware, the Art of War has less to do with actual war fighting. And you being a student, would really enjoy working things out to study this 'phony war' if I may use the term.
I hope that this "phony war" remains as such, a lot will be damaged if it turns out into a real war. Death and destruction are uninvited at any stage. Thousands will lose lives and when the option of nuclear weapons will come into play then restrain and end of war will be observed.

Sir.

They are now trying to straighten out their stories. Few updates after my taking my own sweet time to check around:

1. Live feed from the IAF mission on 26 Feb 2019 was telecast to the PM and the powers that be in IAF (and shared with friendly nations who wanted a feedback). No question of miss. An on ground asset was also kind enough to give a post strike feedback. A report of a P-3C Orion based ELINT (probably EP-3E variant) platform was also reported to have been in air on our side, observing the strike. Post strike, that bit of information is no more available for confirmation from the same person who let it out in the first place, just as the Tigers & Battleaxes were landing back. I believe there is some article indicating real time monitoring by Israel and US too. I would take that to be what it is.

Rest, it is wait and watch. Words spoken by DG ISPR and with him, the claims of 01 x Israeli, and the more ridiculous one of 01 x IAF pilot dead and India refused to accept the body, or 01 x Su-30 MKI downed, or twisting it to Mig-27 ..... they all will come back to re-enact the tale of Pakistan & its stories after Kargil.

So tell me. If Pakistan lines up all its F-16s and you do a count. Would you then be satisfied?

I hear you.

Count the graves of innocent Kashmiris. Each one is an indictment. Blood is never spilt in vain. It comes back to haunt the murderer, sooner rather than later.

Tell me, have they ever satisfied with our proofs and explanations? i dont know why people overlook the fundamental difference between them and us.

I just want to see him try and counter it.

Back
Top Bottom