What's new

Indian Army Chief:We will retaliate,orders commanders to be Aggressive.

He Showed his Worth in 2002 Standoff , When he out maneuvered the Entire Indian Army :)

He is the Best Strategies We have seen ins Decades .

but then again , I am pretty sure , you know more about Chief of Pakistani Army Then we Pakistani's do.

I am simply stating my opinion.. I dont claim to know more than Pakistanis about their general. But knowing the blind faith Pakistanis have in their army, I would take their assessment of their Army chief with a pinch of salt. ;)

IN 2001-02 whatever he did or did not does not contribute towards his performance as COAS which he became in 2007. And we all know what's been happening with Pakistani army & its reputation since then.. ;)

Why aren't you giving same lecture to PDF Veterans, elite members, senior members ?

I already said, I don't want to, I respect them, but sometimes you have to take the shot to deal with these pathetic posters when MODs take a nap. Period.

BTW, I am bored of talking to these people who regularly make these comments. Hope Webby deletes my account. He doesn't. I asked him many times. Bored with every one repeating same rhetoric. Without any sense of discussion, without any facts. Without any civility. Already good members have limited their posts.

I am not lecturing you, just asking you to behave.. You have no right to ask others to respect your soldiers when you don't show respect for their. You're frustrated, confused and biased.. That's all

India's army chief turns up heat on Pakistan, says can retaliate.

By Sanjeev Miglani
NEW DELHI | Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01am EST

(Reuters) - India's army chief accused Pakistan on Monday of detailed planning of an attack along Kashmir's de factor border last week in which two soldiers were killed and said India reserved the right to retaliate.

The comments, which came as public anger mounts over the decapitation of one of the slain soldiers, appear certain to further inflame tensions between the nuclear-armed enemies.

Last week's fighting was the worst outbreak of violence in Kashmir, the Himalayan region both nations claim, since the two sides agreed a ceasefire nine years ago. Indian and Pakistan have fought three wars since independence in 1947, two of them over Kashmir.

Army chief General Bikram Singh was speaking just hours before local commanders were to meet at the border to identify ways of reducing tensions and avoiding further clashes.

"The attack on January 8 was premeditated, a pre-planned activity. Such an operation requires planning, detailed reconnaissance," Singh told a news conference in New Delhi.

He said India reserved the right to retaliate against provocative acts on the border at a time and place of its choosing.

"I expect all my commanders at the Line of Control to be both aggressive and offensive in the face of provocation and fire," he said.

Both armies have lost two soldiers each in fighting along parts of the 740-km (460-mile) ceasefire line this month. One of the Indians was decapitated, New Delhi said, inflaming tempers in the country and prompting his family to start a hunger strike demanding that the severed head be brought back.

Pakistan has termed the Indian allegations as propaganda and blamed it for violations on the ceasefire line.

Islamabad accused Indian soldiers of entering its territory and killing a soldier on Jan 6. India said Pakistani soldiers intruded about 600 meters (yards) into its territory two days later and killed two Indian soldiers on patrol, the attack Singh was referring to.

Pakistan said one of its soldiers was killed in further fighting on Thursday.

Singh said the beheading was a "gruesome act" and against the ethics of soldiering. He said a strong protest had been lodged with Pakistani authorities through diplomatic channels.

The family members of the slain soldier, Hemraj Singh, have launched a hunger strike demanding retribution and that his severed head be back brought back.

"Our demand is not something big. My brother's head should be brought back and the Pakistanis should be taught a lesson," said Jai Singh in their village in northern India.

(Additional reporting by Satarupa Bhattacharjya; Editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan)

India's army chief turns up heat on Pakistan, says can retaliate | Reuters

Yup the drones going off RIGHT under his nose says much about his competence.

See the Reason i don't get into arguments with Kids , is that they know Nothing & yet Present themselves as Experts , they have no idea what is going on but answer as if the were standing in the battle field giving direction .

and I ask/tell something else , they reply something else , thus completely derailing the subject matter.

So Move along Kid , and do some research first , Read some books , there are hundreds of Articles in the internet & what not , then come back & we will have a Good discussion .

I am not lecturing you, just asking you to behave.. You have no right to ask others to respect your soldiers when you don't show respect for their. You're frustrated, confused and biased.. That's all

To be fair, he is probably the most sane Indian poster. But one can remain sane in the sea of insanity only for so long I guess..

See the Reason i don't get into arguments with Kids , is that they know Nothing & yet Present themselves as Experts , they have no idea what is going on but answer as if the were standing in the battle field giving direction .

and I ask/tell something else , they reply something else , thus completely derailing the subject matter.

So Move along Kid , and do some research first , Read some books , there are hundreds of Articles in the internet & what not , then come back & we will have a Good discussion .

Research about how much hue and cry is done by your army and yet cannot do jack in their own country? Na it's called being another nation's biotch

I am simply stating my opinion.. I dont claim to know more than Pakistanis about their general. But knowing the blind faith Pakistanis have in their army, I would take their assessment of their Army chief with a pinch of salt. ;)

IN 2001-02 whatever he did or did not does not contribute towards his performance as COAS which he became in 2007. And we all know what's been happening with Pakistani army & its reputation since then.. ;)

A Soldiers past tells about his capabilities , and is the only tool to evaluate him .

the Rest is all conjuncture , you believe what you want to believe & I Believe what i want to believe , we both believe we are Right & yet only one of us is , and the only unknown question is , Who ?

Research about how much hue and cry is done by your army and yet cannot do jack in their own country? Na it's called being another nation's biotch

Again i will say , Kid , go Lean some ABC then come back

Don't give me this morality lecture. You called Indian Army liar and what not. I see your posts everyday. Most biased comments.

As for title, tell the MODs, I am not dying for it.

If MODs don't take care of senior and elite members making pathetic comments, then we have to deal with the same language they understand.

At least we don't disown them or sell their death for fistful of dollars.

Your army tell lies no doubt it.

you are free to disrespect our martyrs it doesnt affect their stature

aggressiveness is the need of time. Well said general.

Its useless, I have been trying to tell him to live up to his title and every-time he gives the same old crap that he didn't want it. I have learned not to take his posts seriously, since the conflict started he among others has been warmongering like a crazed lunatic, accusing others and myself to be enjoying beheading yet when I asked for proof where I said so he was speechless.

When I try to reason he says don't lecture me like how frustrated 10 year olds usually do. Then people from his sides say he is probably the most 'sane' Indian poster, I'd hate to see the insane ones (excluding suicide trolls)

On topic, every chief that wants to gets attention has been blabbering lately. Like Asim said, they invite for meetings to reduce escalation on one hand and act all tough on the other. It was a serious event that became a drama and now its gone poor.

Back
Top Bottom