What's new

Indian army chief says military ready for short, swift war

I as a patriotic Pakistani have said a million times that in order for peace to prevail, Pakistan and india should break EVER single communication or any sort of exchanges between the 2. Be it economic, cultural, diplomatic etc. We have nothing in common with the indians and nothing positive to gain from them. A massive iron wall should be erected on the entire Pakistan India border. Anything indian should be completely censored.

Doomed to fail in this communication age with global media access and internet unless you become a N. Korea.

We have no such intentions. Thank you.

Pakistan people ultimately will decide what goes on. No one not army nor the Govt can ignore people in long run otherwise you would have seen dynasty based tyrannical dictatorships lasting for centuries. I can see you quoting N. Korea but that is an exception which will need to analysed somewhere down the line after that regime falls and fall it will.

You are ignoring history of Pak. Full of dictators who commit coups and are the run away / killed. Same with their politicians. The Bhuttos came close to a dynasty but they keep getting killed of.

People of Pak hardly decide matters of real concern to India, even indirectly.

1. Difference between terrorist with nuke and Pakistan with no first usage policy: Are you aware US and Russia don't have no first use police explicitly stated and enshrined as a doctrine? Pakistan has put certain pre-condtion to its usage of nukes. It has interests which if violated will result in usage of Nukes. Terrorists will go to town as soon as they get their hands on a nuke, they will not wait but decide the time and place and then use the nukes.

That i believe is the primary difference. There has been no nuclear attack on India for the past 16 years is the proof.

I compared them to a suicide bomber - a kind of terrorist who threatens to blow up the place if irked enough. Again, I fail to see the difference. They have a population, so even terrorists have families.

The difference between not explicitly stating 'no first use' and shouting from the roof tops about how Pak has nukes at every hiccup. Surely, you don't mean to equate the two.

2. US invasion of Iraq and its relevance to our discussion - It is highly relevant, US attacked based on certain presumptions to pre-empt any imaginary offensive action. India shouldn't do the same. That is why I put the just cause point in my argument.

Flawed - Iraq as far as we are aware has not hurt US directly, Pak clearly has hurt India. I don't need to go beyond that into the relative asymmetry of power in the two cases.

Yes, If Pak shelters them. What is Pak? Is it a few hundred narrow minded people colluding in some dark room? That is the problem with black and white thinking.

Pak is the security establishment that sponsors / creates / shelters terrorists who hurt India. Even if its a limited set, the others who do nothing are useless from our perspective.

Target those responsible. Go for assassinations if you believe you must, fight a covert and proxy war if you should. Things in the dark should be dealt in that way. I don't believe i need to elaborate further.

I never argued other-wise. However, certain things require a more public response.

Regarding Sheltering of such elements by the state: this is a very complicated point, have some patience my friend. I believe they are on the right track.

They are dealing with Anti Pakistan forces like TTP. They are dealing with sectarian forces forces LeJ.

Anti India forces is lower on that list, I remain optimistic they will be given a choice to go hibernate for a while rather than straight out elimination and bought out of cold storage if required. Time will tell.

They are the ones who made it complicated - their problem. All we care about is the end result. They are still backing AT which was created to hurt India. What about LeT? Hafiz Syed, Lakhvi etc.

Optimism is fine - not a substitute for proof.

Yes, I don't believe I would live long enough to see it.

Pak won't likely live long enough to see it - as it stands now.

I as a patriotic Pakistani have said a million times that in order for peace to prevail, Pakistan and india should break EVER single communication or any sort of exchanges between the 2. Be it economic, cultural, diplomatic etc. We have nothing in common with the indians and nothing positive to gain from them. A massive iron wall should be erected on the entire Pakistan India border. Anything indian should be completely censored.

Does not solve the pending issues, not does it take care of external forces such as China who have a stake in maintaining tensions.

People of Pak hardly decide matters of real concern to India, even indirectly.

On this we can agree to disagree, as there is no substantial polling based analysis to base our opinions on.

The difference between explicitly stating 'no first use' and shouting from the roof tops about how Pak has nukes at every hiccup. Surely, you don't mean to equate the two.

Pakistan needs to do that due asymmetry in conventional prowess. Insecurities and provoking statements from our side don't help the issue. Nukes give their common populace a sense of security and confidence and I don't fault their rhetorical threats any more than I would fault a tantrum from a Child. Their threats have no substance other than posturing.

Pak is the security establishment that sponsors / creates / shelters terrorists who hurt India. Even if its a limited set, the others who do nothing are useless from out perspective.

Make those useless people useful to our cause, that should be the driving strategy. A concerned and active populace not brainless zombies fed on propaganda.

I never argued other-wise. However, certain things require a more public response.

No we need to keep all Pakistan based engagements low key and under the cover. Increased threat perception hurts India more, for Pakistan it is business as usual for now. They want to be hyphenated we don't.

They are the ones who made it complicated - their problem. All we care about is the end result. They are still backing AT which was created to hurt India. What about LeT?

Yes i can see your point over here having merit. However if you don't understand the compulsions of an enemy who is capable of destroying you then you are fighting a loosing battle. We have to see our demands may be justified from our perception but their perception differs and laws of natural justice are not equally applicable. I know you response will be again fail to see the point, all that concerns us are results.but please understand that things are not so simple in diplomacy. You have to act within not only your constraints but enemies constraints too if you don't war.

Now if you wan't war then all bets are off. Hope you see my point. Key word here are constraints

Optimism is fine - not a substitute for proof.

Yes, true but world does not run on proofs and facts. We are not machines. Allow me a little dose of wishful thinking at the end of a long day :)

On this we can agree to disagree, as there is no substantial polling based analysis to base our opinions on.

Yes but facts tend to be undeniable and their logical inference indisputable - one merely need consider the amount of time Pak has spent under undemocratic rulers and the power enjoyed by unelected military leaders to work out the power or lack thereof of the people of Pak in the context.

Polling would make this conclusive, but it is not strictly essential.

Pakistan needs to do that due asymmetry in conventional prowess. Insecurities and provoking statements from our side don't help the issue. Nukes give their common populace a sense of security and confidence and I don't fault their rhetorical threats any more than I would fault a tantrum from a Child. Their threats have no substance other than posturing.

That's justifying the stance of a suicide bomber. He too argues that since the power asymmetry is huge, I get to blow you up with me or rather threaten to.

I don't comprehend your desire to rationalize this crazy attitude.

Make those useless people useful to our cause, that should be the driving strategy. A concerned and active populace not brainless zombies fed on propaganda.

I am confident this has been tried multiple times - clearly it has been a failed tactic.

No we need to keep all Pakistan based engagements low key and under the cover. Increased threat perception hurts India more, for Pakistan it is business as usual for now. They want to be hyphenated we don't.

Yes, but you can't have no public response to a major terror attack, not any longer.

Yes, true but world does not run on proofs and facts. We are not machines. Allow me a little dose of wishful thinking at the end of a long day :)

I can hardly begrudge you that. :-)

Possibly but we can reduce the indian affect on the Pakistani people and increase the peace between the 2 countries by taking some of these steps. There's something dirty, horrible and revolting about the indian race and culture. You feel and smell it when you see them or talk to them. Let's protect ourselves from this poison. It's better than having a free media. Pakistan gets nothing of substance or value from the so called "free media". They're scum and parasites.

Well I don't fault you but the circumstances, you could have said Hindus instead of Indians to make your posts more accurate description of your feelings but that is my assumption. Many Indians specially Hindus have told me the same thing that they can't stand to talk to or be near a Pakistani.

It is all psychological and often translates into physical disgust but I think that is besides the point.

Carry on with your hatred and bigotry. Bright days ahead :)

Last edited:
I always wonder...how they get such goofs to become their army chief. Increase the salary of the chief, offer some indian girls openly, and some other perks and privileges so that you get some one smart at least at the level of a 5th grader to head your military.

So do u want full scale war with India ? Country which is literally miles ahead of u ? Reality is India is a large country with tiny western bordered enemy ???

What does the mile ahead comment mean here? Why does the inferiority and insecurity complex has to show up in every post? Whether India is a large country or Pakistan is a small one, the war has happened about 4 times already.......so whether who wins or lose, you should know that Pakistanis won't just sit around, they'll fight to their teeth like they have before.

If per your post, India was so many miles ahead of Pakistan and SUCH a big deal, you think Pakistan would be on the world map today? Knowing how bad you hate Pakistan? So you got to give credit to a 4 times smaller country with less than 40% of your military force. They will never disappoint you!!

I'm more concerned about Indians not even making across the border given their tendency to step on their own Land Mines

So you got to give credit
For a large section of PDF Indians that amounts to them having to eat from their anus and defecate from their mouths, a.k.a physically impossible. They are genetically not engineered that way.
However, One has to realize that there are saner and nuttier voices on both sides. It is better to let the nuts clash and let the saner ones laugh at them.

Sadly, this cohesion of sanity never occurs at the leadership level; either one is insane, or both. Never two sane people lead on both sides.

IA Chief is stupid, every wise man knows that any idiot can start a war but can not guarantee to end it per his wishes.
Ask Russia about Afghanistan. Ask US about Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan

NEW DELHI: India is prepared to face offensive military action on its borders should the need arise, Army Chief General Dalbir Singh said here on Tuesday, adding that any future conflict was expected to be short and swift.

The Hindu quoted him as referring to the ceasefire violations along the borders in Jammu and Kashmir, which have put relations between India and Pakistan under a strain. This had made New Delhi aware of the need to remain prepared, General Singh said.

According to The Hindu, the general was speaking at a tri-service seminar on the 1965 Indo-Pak War. “The army chief said a very high level of operational preparedness at all times has become part of India’s strategy as there is recognition that the swift, short nature of future wars is likely to offer limited warning time,” according to the paper.

Take a look: Pakistan is not Myanmar, will respond to foreign aggression, Nisar tells India

It said the comments came against the backdrop of alleged ceasefire violations by Pakistan which had put India on alert. “As we look ahead we can see that our threats and challenges become more complex. As a result the commitments of the Indian Army have increased manifold in scope and intensity in past few years. The frequent ceasefire violations and infiltration bids by our western neighbour always remain live and active,” he pointed out.

Without naming names, the army chief accused Pakistan of employing “new methods to create unrest in Jammu and Kashmir” and said the recent instances of terrorist violence are “clear pointers to extend this arc of violence to other areas”.

The Hindu recalled that General Singh’s comments followed Pakistan Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif’s statement blaming India for trying to “impose war on Pakistan”. The Pakistani minister also cautioned India on Sunday that it would suffer “heavy losses” if it tries to “impose” a war on his country.

The two countries have been embroiled in a war of words over ceasefire violations, the paper said. It added that tensions between them escalated after the Gurdaspur and Udhampur terror attacks, which New Delhi asserts were carried out by Pakistani nationals.

After the cancellation of the talks between the National Security Advisers of both sides, following disagreements over the agenda for talks, both countries have accused the other of violating the ceasefire agreement that has led to loss of civilian lives as well as casualties to the defence forces.

While India claims 192 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the international border in Jammu and Kashmir till July 29 this year, Islamabad has countered it by asserting that the Indian forces have committed 37 and 24 unprovoked ceasefire violations on the LoC and the Working Boundary in July and August respectively, The Hindu said.

Published in Dawn, September 2nd, 2015

For a large section of PDF Indians that amounts to them having to eat from their anus and defecate from their mouths, a.k.a physically impossible. They are genetically not engineered that way.
However, One has to realize that there are saner and nuttier voices on both sides. It is better to let the nuts clash and let the saner ones laugh at them.

Sadly, this cohesion of sanity never occurs at the leadership level; either one is insane, or both. Never two sane people lead on both sides.

.I agree .. feeling same on other side of border anout spewing shi..t outta mouth... posts like this proves how mature the other side mrmbers.. it is sane argument. .. i agree Indian members do troll but they will get banned... of course this is pakistani forum... hehe no dispute on that.... creating threads based on fb, you tube etc are banned.. but this rule can't be applied on anti Indian threads... elite member like Windjammer can troll like this... and people can talk nuking Indian civilians. .. which is sane argument. . still people blaming Indians... an admin can talk crap like this for silly reasons just blame to earn.... people like sartaz aziz talks about nuke ... we can nuke you blah blah.
which is right... and if an IA general says we ready for short war... it is wrong... people jumping like looney toons... like this...
The sad thing is they're PROUD of it. Those Indian Muslims saying: Hum 1 hay, Sharam karo.
This can only happen in india that a murderer and a terrorist has become a PM through elections. That means that indian people are equally responsible for the genocide of minorities especially Muslims. Thus no mercy for indians if Pakistan nukes their cities in case of a war
Shameful that indians elected such a extremist

Shameless for indian muslims to accept a situation where a man with the blood of their community is their leader,
Where they cant even eat beef because some other communitie dosent want to eat it
Where history is butchered and attempts are made to steal muslim history and monuments
@Hindustani78 @ayesha.a @Razia Sultana

There are extremists in Pakistan but for all of Nawaz and Zardari and Imrans failings they are not killers and Pakistanis would never vote for a extremist like Modi or Hafeez

Indians have accepted modi because the general indian public shares the same extreme views as their leader. Modi is a prime example of how non-Muslim Indians feel on the inside and they found a saviour in modi. In other words, its like al-qaeda voting for bin ladin, there is no difference between the head and the body.
The Indians are psychopathic in their denial that Modi is a terrorist while others in their heart know he is a murderous terrorist yet they support him or have sympathy for him. It reveals how difficult it is for minorities, particularly muslims to get justice and equal treatment.

Modi sitting on the seat of power is pretty bad for the nations image. Even if Indians believe the allegations against him are false which is a position that is very denialist and naive, they still should understand that a man blamed for violence should not be a nations PM.

But this can happen in south asian nations. Haven't we elected a known corrupt person known as Zardari in our country?

Terrorist supporter spotted. Please ban him. Also Ameen is an Islamic term so do not abuse it. Murdoodi is not only just a terrorist, he is ugly as hell.
Its because of people like you a lunatic like him got elected in the first place. He attacks Pakistan, we will make sure you have funerals in your homes.

Dumb indian media, doing what they always do. Crying wolf & war mongering.

Someone should ask these morons, how should a victory day parade be conducted?

Just because Indians don't know how to conduct a parade i.e. 20 men on a single bike, and a fighter aircraft on a trailer, doesn't mean the rest of the world should do the same! And when outher countries do better than them, they go nuts.

Anyone who wonders why indians spew garbage all day long, especially on this forum, needs to see this video!

GIGO = Garbage In Garbage Out !!

''Cheen ney Bharat ko apni shakti dikhaye''......
And when India gets chance, it also shows it's paws, i mean claws. :laugh:

gty_india_dog_squad_jef_ss_140127_ssh.jpg

Wars these days is not just a matter of files and artillery but international sanctions, economy depression caused due to war and many other factors. It is not easy to go to wars these days. But we will fight a small swift war before 2030 ends for sure... and it will be undecided and proxy war for the regional players...

IA Chief is stupid, every wise man knows that any idiot can start a war but can not guarantee to end it per his wishes.
Ask Russia about Afghanistan. Ask US about Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan

Our IA chief which you claims as stupid only talked about small and swift war which is logical but what about old shithead moron MR. NSA who was boasting about nuclear war on INDIA... which is not possible as you will be forced to go back in time and live in sanctions of that happens and btw, courage is needed for nuclear war...

Lol, they will be met with a strong force from Pakistan & India will regret their actions. New Delhi will be busy burning a lot of Indian dead troops.

Sure - will happen in the coming years, your country is not going to stop its terrorist activities.

I don't want war, I merely find it inevitable.

inevitable you say. ok so what is your plan to hit us and go away and you expect us not to hit back???

:woot::rofl: how idiotic is that thought right there. please do try to cross the border. and see what happens.

We will destroy you even if it means destroying ourselves. and do take us up on that promise.

and i know your rant about 90,000 soldiers in bangladesh. I explain to you that the bengalis didn't want us to rule them so logical thing to do was say fine we quit. In the process we saved millions of lives and saved a genocide from happening.

But this is our homeland. We can't let you come in. Wishful thinking on your part will just be a part of your wet dreams and nothing else.

.I agree .. feeling same on other side of border anout spewing shi..t outta mouth... posts like this proves how mature the other side mrmbers.. it is sane argument. .. i agree Indian members do troll but they will get banned... of course this is pakistani forum... hehe no dispute on that.... creating threads based on fb, you tube etc are banned.. but this rule can't be applied on anti Indian threads... elite member like Windjammer can troll like this... and people can talk nuking Indian civilians. .. which is sane argument. . still people blaming Indians... an admin can talk crap like this for silly reasons just blame to earn.... people like sartaz aziz talks about nuke ... we can nuke you blah blah.
which is right... and if an IA general says we ready for short war... it is wrong... people jumping like looney toons... like this...

please tell me can i join BHARAAT RAKSHAK and even speak let alone troll??

Back
Top Bottom