What's new

Indian and Chinese Hypersonic Missiles

thats a speculation.. show me where is it tested and inducted..??
and would u please mention ur other cruise missiles with speeds of 2.5+..??
coz there is none.

Mach 2.5 Cruise missiles:

CJ-10 - In service, Used in 60th anniversary parade
YJ-12 - In service since 1999
HY-3 (C-301) - In service since late 80's

CJ-10:
CJ-10_naval.jpg

YJ-12:
The 1st successful test of YJ-12 was completed in 1997, with all test flights over the ground for subsystems tests were completed in that year, and most of test flights over the water completed the next year. After a series of major upgrades, the missile received state certification in October, 1999, and entered Chinese service in very limited numbers for evaluation.

In January, 2004, series production of YJ-12 had begun, after a series of what Chinese claims of “major upgrades”. Chinese sources have claimed that the total number of YJ-12 in Chinese service is at least 816, which include all units from pre production series (pre-2000 era) and initial production (after 2004 era), but this has yet to be verified by official Chinese governmental sources or independent sources outside China.

Other Chinese supersonic missiles:

FL-2 (C-101) Mach 1.7-2.0
YJ-83 (C-803) Subsonic cruise, then accelerate to Mach 2 for attack.

There are also supersonic cruise missiles based on modified Russian designs but I haven't mentioned these because I'm only considering indigenous designs.

There are also a number of potent indigenous subsonic cruise missiles but the discussion is about supersonic.

missile is not just a projectile...it can also be guided in its journey....and who knows India's Agni II actual range may be more then that...!!

and how do you propose to guide a missile at "mach 17" and still make it accurate?

Last edited:
and how do you propose to guide a missile at "mach 17" and still make it accurate?
This has always been problematic. When you have a known distance between two points, the speed at which you travel determine the response time available to you for any course correction.

Mach 2.5 Cruise missiles:

CJ-10 - In service, Used in 60th anniversary parade
YJ-12 - In service since 1999
HY-3 (C-301) - In service since late 80's

CJ-10:
CJ-10_naval.jpg

YJ-12:

Other Chinese supersonic missiles:

FL-2 (C-101) Mach 1.7-2.0
YJ-83 (C-803) Subsonic cruise, then accelerate to Mach 2 for attack.

There are also supersonic cruise missiles based on modified Russian designs but I haven't mentioned these because I'm only considering indigenous designs.

There are also a number of potent indigenous subsonic cruise missiles but the discussion is about supersonic.

I know someone is going to bring those up. C101 and C301 are not very good contender here since they have really short range <100 km, and are very outdated designs considering its development age, and they also saw less service deployment within PLAN because PLAN's favor over more powerful SS-N-22.

While you are at it, why don't you bring out Hsiung Feng III missile from ROC, even though it is not a PRC origin. The point here is if a small island which is not best known for its missile technology can develop a mach 2 sea skimming cruise missile with 300 km ranges independently, then it is really not a big deal about having supersonic cruise missile. Do you see China make a hugh fuss about ROCN install HF-III on their destroyers?
Hsiung Feng III
10.jpg

3a7de0af.jpg

Last edited:
This has always been problematic. When you have a known distance between two points, the speed at which you travel determine the response time available to you for any course correction.

The RV on Agni II itself carries extra 200kg of fuel for velocity trimming(course correction) at the reentry phase. As you can see from the picture, the RV itself has manoeuvre fins. So in reality it is a rather a 3 stage ballistic missile rather than 2 stages. However for all those to work, the claim of it has a terminal velocity of Mach 25+ is just ludicrous.

The RV on Agni II itself carries extra 200kg of fuel for velocity trimming(course correction) at the reentry phase. As you can see from the picture, the RV itself has manoeuvre fins. So in reality it is a rather a 3 stage ballistic missile rather than 2 stages. However for all those to work, the claim of it has a terminal velocity of Mach 25+ is just ludicrous.
Not talking about the fuel but about time. No matter how much fuel you might have, if there is no time because you are fast approaching your target, any target physical dislocation render the fuel worthless. On the other hand, the extra fuel load is highly indicative that the warhead will be drastically slowed down to create that response time.

Not talking about the fuel but about time. No matter how much fuel you might have, if there is no time because you are fast approaching your target, any target physical dislocation render the fuel worthless. On the other hand, the extra fuel load is highly indicative that the warhead will be drastically slowed down to create that response time.

That is exactly what I am getting at. Thanks.

coz there is none.

hi,
there are few things that you need to pay attention...let say china has S-300PMU-2 (which they actually have) that means they can intercept a target upto 200KM. Due to its 2.5+ speed even-though advantageous against enemy which has short range SAM defence but due to Supersonic cruise the missile loses most of its maneuverability like subsonic missile (tomahawk and Exocit for example) and this fact also means the lack of ability to hug the terrain which exposes a missile to radar and AWACS at a longer distance as it has to fly high. So given these and Chinese having a Long range SAM (as opposed to Pakistan) I think Brahmos will not be that effective against China as against Pakistan

Listen dude, please dont act like a dick head. If India's not as advanced as china, lets ******* ADMIT IT. theres nothing wrong in it. We always have the option and determination to catch up. Lets be original about our current capabilities, rather than let the world laugh at india coz of your goof up. shut up, idiot. Lets be honest. Brahmos is 90% russian. fine? we admit it.

coz there is none

lol

&#26080;&#29273;&#20043;&#35937; &#31616;&#26512;&#21360;&#24230;&#24403;&#21069;&#26680;&#21147;&#37327;ÎÞÑÀÖ®Ïó¡ªÓ¡¶ÈºËÁ¦Á¿ÆÀÎö_ÍøÒ×ÐÂÎÅÖÐÐÄ

main point in the article

- Agni II test fire twice before production.

- one of the test Agni II achieve a range of 2000 kilometers. then some source claim 3000 kilometers is the maximum.

- 2004 Agni II test fire successfully, the third test fire of Agni II.
In service.

- 2009 march, failure in an exercise.

- 2009 november, failed test fire at night.

is it true? or any update?

&#26080;&#29273;&#20043;&#35937; &#31616;&#26512;&#21360;&#24230;&#24403;&#21069;&#26680;&#21147;&#37327;ÎÞÑÀÖ®Ïó¡ªÓ¡¶ÈºËÁ¦Á¿ÆÀÎö_ÍøÒ×ÐÂÎÅÖÐÐÄ

main point in the article

- Agni II test fire twice before production.

- one of the test Agni II achieve a range of 2000 kilometers. then some source claim 3000 kilometers is the maximum.

- 2004 Agni II test fire successfully, the third test fire of Agni II.
In service.

- 2009 march, failure in an exercise.

- 2009 november, failed test fire at night.

is it true? or any update?

Last year Agni-2 and Agni-2 (Advanced) completed Hatrick of failures three in a row. :lol:

That's not fair. You are comparing a 2008 parade with one from the 1960's.

Also if you want to support your claim of how advanced Agni II is, then bring out facts or logical deduction. Just keeping saying Agni II is more advanced is not going to make it into a reality.

Just from the pictures, tell me which one looks better.
U1335P27T1D589933F3DT20100410093612.jpg

U2142P27T1D574800F3DT20091123074632.jpg

Last year Agni-2 and Agni-2 (Advanced) completed Hatrick of failures three in a row. :lol:
Wow r u sure? i couldnt count India as a nuclear power if it is true...
without a reliable delivery system and hydrogen bomb, it is not a nuclear power.

Difference is, the Agni-II/III are not anti ship missiles.

The fact that the DF-21D has anti ship capability already puts it as a much more effective means than the Brahmos.

If you compare ballistic missiles, then China's ICBMs would have much higher velocities due to their higher apogees.

Back
Top Bottom