What's new

Indian and Chinese Hypersonic Missiles

YJ-91/YJ-12 (China) - Jane's Strategic Weapon Systems

Range: 200 - 400km
Speed: Mach 2.5
Warhead: 205kg.

Seems as capable as Brahmos to me.

Also China has other cruise missiles with longer range and other Mach 2.5+ cruise missiles.
thats a speculation.. show me where is it tested and inducted..??
and would u please mention ur other cruise missiles with speeds of 2.5+..??
coz there is none.

so it seems that since members used actual science and facts to show that the indian numbers are crap the only response to it is that the Indian missiles are some how "advanced"

so it seems that since members used actual science and facts to show that the indian numbers are crap the only response to it is that the Indian missiles are some how "advanced"

no it doesnt show...It shows that DF is just a stone like missile whereas Agni II is more advanced missile... coz it is intended to acheive its range with MUCH more speed...

Fact of matter is better requires more effort like F-22 is far better then any aircraft.

thats a speculation.. show me where is it tested and inducted..??
and would u please mention ur other cruise missiles with speeds of 2.5+..??
coz there is none.

The PLA never releases testing and deployment info.

Here's the CJ-10 series:

CJ-10 cruise missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to a recent interview, the Chinese tend to favor subsonic missiles, similar to the Americans, although both the Chinese and the Americans have supersonic missiles. It's akin to how the Russians(and thus Indians) seem to favor supersonic missiles but still have stocks of subsonic missiles. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages, and trust me, it's been debated to no end, so let's not get into that.

:lol::lol: poor joke...:rofl:

dude Indian missiles are far better then CHinese ones, remember.
u have anything like Brahmos...??? keep dreaming...:lol:

only thing is India doesnt have any 10000 km range missile... but we dont need it...and Agni V will be more then enough for our needs..

When the paint peels off the Brahmos Missiles, you will see the label "Russian Technology" underneath !!!

The PLA never releases testing and deployment info.

Here's the CJ-10 series:

CJ-10 cruise missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to a recent interview, the Chinese tend to favor subsonic missiles, similar to the Americans, although both the Chinese and the Americans have supersonic missiles. It's akin to how the Russians(and thus Indians) seem to favor supersonic missiles but still have stocks of subsonic missiles. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages, and trust me, it's been debated to no end, so let's not get into that.

Ur example is below par...
its like Saying we have F-22 but we like planes of 70's era more..:hitwall:

Supersonic Brahmos is the deadliest and also expensive and to be utilised for high valuye targets. subsonic is for use for commmon targets.

if u dont have then u dont have, i dont beleive on speculation.

Fact of matter is better requires more effort like F-22 is far better then any aircraft.
:what::what:
you know what?....you've broken the heart of many indian posters here.....why didn't you use MKI?:undecided:

no it doesnt show...It shows that DF is just a stone like missile whereas Agni II is more advanced missile... coz it is intended to acheive its range with MUCH more speed...

again ur backing ur statements with the answer thats its more "advanced", advanced doesnt change basic physics that there is only one angle for maximiun distance in a ballistic trajectory i thought indians were decent at math?

again ur backing ur statements with the answer thats its more "advanced", advanced doesnt change basic physics that there is only one angle for maximiun distance in a ballistic trajectory i thought indians were decent at math?
is it necessary that it has to follow this trajectory only..!!

is it necessary that it has to follow this trajectory only..!!
For maximum distance, yes.

Distance(y) = Initial Velocity(v) * Cos(Angel(x))*Time(t)
Time(t) *Gravity(g)/2= Sin(Angle(x)) *Velocity(v)

So y = v^2*cos(x)*sin(x)/2g = v^2*sin(2x)/4g
for y to have its maximum or minmum, derivative of y(y') has to equal 0
y' = v^2*cos(2x)/4g=0

now v is a constant so cos(2x) has to equal to 0, therefore 2x = 0, 90, 180,270,360
x = 0(minimum), 45(maximum),90(minimum), 135(maximum),180(minimum)

Of course this is a very simplified explanation from physics and math, but for a more accurate calculation of rocket trajectory, the basic idea is still the same, just more variables evolved.
Is that clear enough for you now?

Last edited:
For maximum distance, yes.

Distance(y) = Initial Velocity(v) * Cos(Angel(x))*Time(t)
Time(t) *Gravity(g)/2= Sin(Angle(x)) *Velocity(v)

So y = v^2*cos(x)*sin(x)/2g = v^2*sin(2x)/4g
for y to have its maximum or minmum, derivative of y(y') has to equal 0
y' = v^2*cos(2x)/4g=0

now v is a constant so cos(2x) has to equal to 0, therefore 2x = 0, 90, 180,270,360
x = 0(minimum), 45(maximum),90(minimum), 135(maximum),180(minimum)

Of course this is a very simplified explanation from physics and math, but for a more accurate calculation of rocket trajectory, the basic idea is still the same, just more variables evolved.
Is that clear enough for you now?

missile is not just a projectile...it can also be guided in its journey....and who knows India's Agni II actual range may be more then that...!!

missile is not just a projectile...it can also be guided in its journey....and who knows India's Agni II actual range may be more then that...!!
Which only means it will have less range than let's say an unguided rocket with the same initial velocity from its boost phase, any maneuver in a projectiles' course will cause it to lose it momentum which translates to losing its speed and range.

From all the sources, Agni II has theoretical maximum range of some 3,000 km with a 1,000 kg payload. All the tests done for Agni II were all around 2100km.

I am sure Agni II has some nice new technologies incorporated in its engineering, but you also have to realized DF-21 was designed in later1960's and was deployed in 1991, which is at least 10 years older than Agni II.

As for the supersonic and subsonic cruise debate, if you google it, you will find there millions debate over who is better, and the debate is still not over. Remember Soviet still developed and deployed subsonic missile SS-N-25 switchblade(also called harppoonski) after years they had supersonic SS-N-22 sunburn. SS-N-25 is also deployed on Indian's Delhi class destroyer.

Which only means it will have less range than let's say an unguided rocket with the same initial velocity from its boost phase, any maneuver in a projectiles' course will cause it to lose it momentum which translates to losing its speed and range.

From all the sources, Agni II has theoretical maximum range of some 3,000 km with a 1,000 kg payload. All the tests done for Agni II were all around 2100km.

I am sure Agni II has some nice new technologies incorporated in its engineering, but you also have to realized DF-21 was designed in later1960's and was deployed in 1991, which is at least 10 years older than Agni II.

As for the supersonic and subsonic cruise debate, if you google it, you will find there millions debate over who is better, and the debate is still not over. Remember Soviet still developed and deployed subsonic missile SS-N-25 switchblade(also called harppoonski) after years they had supersonic SS-N-22 sunburn. SS-N-25 is also deployed on Indian's Delhi class destroyer.

DF-21 may be old... but i am not denying it..

My only point is Agni II is much more advanced and better then DF-21 and it is for those who always criticize Indian missiles.

Back
Top Bottom