What's new

Indian Air Force Loses Front-Line Sukhoi Jet, Helicopter in Two Accidents

Since January 2012 till today there have 27 crashes of IAF fighter jets whereas PAF has seen 20 fighter jet crashes i.e. a ratio of 1.35:1.
Now taking into consideration the fact the IAF is 1.8 to 2.0x the size of PAF, PAFs crash rate is significantly worse than IAF's.

In helicopter department too, January 2012 onwards Indian military saw 13 write offs & 5 damaged whereas Pakistan whose helo fleet despite being atleast 1.8x smaller saw 9 write offs & 5 damaged in same period i.e. a crash ratio of 1.44:1 which means in this department too, Pakistan crash rate is much worse.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/dblist.php?Country=AP

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/dblist.php?Country=VT
But calculating cost wise.. it will be 10 times more between Pakistan and India...
Below is the list of Warship accident..

Warship_Accidents_Detailed.jpg

Better track record than Pakistan at least.. 6 front line fighters in the span of 15 years is very low.
Pakistan's aviation safety record is laughable.
see this

Better track record than ........................... 15 years is very low.
................................record is laughable.
Please enlighten us all and do share that record.

Nice logic. Indian airforce lacks required officers.
So it means more experience.
PAF has always been a force with 2 pilots for a plane. That means we can use our plane more than a country who has human limitation. That's the main reason for our airforce success. About low PAF experience, ask your own peoplw who appreciates PAF pilot quality.

thediplomat.com/2015/04/the-indian-air-forces-big-problem-not-enough-pilots

and Pakistan lost only nine OLD front line fighters f-16 in last 45 years.
For you losing 6 NEW front line fighters in 15 years is excllent record against adversory which lost only 1 front line fighter during that time.
First crash:
Date:
18 December 1986
Aircraft: F-16/B Block-15U #81-1504
Details: Crashed in Sargodha while taking off due to wild-boar on runway and both pilots ejected safely.

Second Crash:
Date:
29 April 1987
Aircraft: F-16/A Block-15S #81-0918
Details: Shot down in friendly fire while engaging enemy over Pakistan-Afghanistan border

Third crash:
Date:
4 September 1989
Aircraft: F-16/A Block-15Q #81-0916
Details: Crashed minutes after take-off from Sargodha as pilot was disoriented and subsequently died in the crash

Fourth crash:
Date:
19 June 1991
Aircraft: F-16/A Block-15T #81-0921
Details: Crashed near Kamra due to engine failure, subsequently forcing the pilot to eject.

Fifth crash:
Date:
28 October 1991
Aircraft: F-16/A Block-15U #81-0923
Details: Crashed near Attock due to engine failure during a dog-fight training mission, pilot ejected safely.

Sixth crash:
Date:
10 November 1993
Aircraft: F-16/A Block-15N #81-0937
Details: Crashed due to bird-hit, location of crash unknown, but pilots ejected safely.

Seventh crash:
Date:
17 March 1994
Aircraft: F-16/A Block-15S #81-0919
Details: Crashed near Sargodha, spatial disorientation caused the crash, pilot was killed.

Eighth crash:
Date:
22 October 1994
Aircraft: F-16/A Block-15E #81-0899
Details: Crashed near Sargodha, aircraft sustained bird-hit, pilot ejected safely.

Last crash:
Date:
17 July 2009
Aircraft: F-16/A Block-15AQ/OCU
Details: Crashed South-West of Sargodha on a night training mission, pilot was killed upon crash.

great post indian calculations well are indian calculations no one in the world believes them.

and its not just that their air force is unreliable, the new ship they are building titled on its side a few months ago. aussies leaking their future submarine designs to china and pakistan, to soldiers making videos about dall on Facebook. Indian armed forces are the laughing stock of the world

I have crashed my Bike 3 times in 5 yrs and my brother crashed his car 5 times in 5 yrs.

So according to my Pakistanis brothers here are few observations
1. I am a better driver than my brother. It doesn't matter if I ride my bike once a week or couple of weeks and he drives every day to his ofc and back.

2. Bike is better than Car. Who cares if you get wet in rain, get only one passenger behind u (3 for Pakistani frnds), generally have poor power, unable to travel large distances comfortably, better safety etc. Bike is better.

3. 1 of me = 10 of my brother. This should be implied.

Top post:tup:

The indians just love funny maths

They manage to destroy their front line jets, flip war ships, sink submarines whilst in dock and even blow up their largest armaments dump.
They dont question the shoddy training of their own forces but indulge in funny maths to accuse Pakistan
That's a surgical strike within.

360截图-8232078.jpg

A Sukhoi-30MKI fighter plane crashed in Shivkar Kudia village in Barmer, Rajasthan, hours after an IAF Chetak helicopter crash-landed in Allahabad. All pilots are reported to be safe, with the two pilots in the Sukhoi ejecting before the plane crashed, while the two pilots in the helicopter survived their crash landing.
Three locals have been injured in Barmer, DD News reported.

The jet crashed during a routine sortie. The incident took place hours after a Chetak helicopter of the Indian Air Force crash-landed in Uttar Pradesh, moments after it took off from an airbase on the outskirts of Allahabad on Wednesday morning.

In September 2016, a MiG-21 aircraft had crashed in Barmer.

The Chetak helicopter toppled while making an emergency landing during a training sortie after taking off from Bamrauli near Allahabad. The chopper toppled when the pilots tried a forced landing on an uneven field after it developed a technical snag, sources in the IAF said.

The IAF has ordered a court of inquiry (COI) to ascertain the cause of the accident.

http://vabbspotter.in/one-day-iaf-helicopter-crash-lands-sukhoi-su-30-mki-crashes/
==========================================================
Really can't blame us. As we all know, our exports are declining.

IAF plane to pilot ratio is 1:0.8. Plz gift us the 20 percent without pilots.
1:1 for helicopters and 1:1.5 for transport aircrafts.
Which make it half threatening than it's real size. So indians should first know, observe and realize the ground realities. But i hopw hanuman pilots and technicians will manage the situation. Imagine hanuman pilot flying two aircrafts at a time confusing enemy about the plane with real pilot.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-air-force-iaf-aircraft/1/642492.html
thediplomat.com/2015/04/the-indian-air-forces-big-problem-not-enough-pilots
Again BS.
IAF has no officer shortage, IAF officer cadre size is already at 99.8% of ideal size.

So the 3 Tejas Frames that flew this time is NOW a Twin Engine!!! :woot:
It was more a case of pride, why was Tejas absent all these years and why you never see, MiG-21/27 or Mirage-2000 in the flypast. :cheesy:

It was more a case of pride, why was Tejas absent all these years and why you never see, MiG-21/27 or Mirage-2000 in the flypast. :cheesy:

My dear Jammer,

It is because of your Spy Pigeons!

These dangerous and cunning flying machines/pigeons, which you guys release on important indiaan events, bars the single engine iaf fighters from flying.

So, we must show compassion and understanding to iaf top-ups...wise decision by them not to fly single engines at all.

One has also read about trained kamakazi canines which you are unleashing upon viticmised indiaans...hence, their mighty tank has stopped working.

When will you lot stop victimising these gentle souls of this superpower-in-the-future?

Keeping Diving!

SPF

PAF stronger than IAF. Ok. When was the last engagement that any Pak armed force wing won? with anyone?

No, training exercise or bombing their own citizens don't count.

PAF stronger than IAF. Ok. When was the last engagement that any Pak armed force wing won? with anyone?

No, training exercise or bombing their own citizens don't count.
When was the last time IAF even delivered, shooting down balloons don't count.

Back
Top Bottom