What's new

Indian Acquisition of the Gorshkov

A 3 Billion Dollar project which is too old and laid down in 1978 and commisiond in 1987 so far the technology and devolpment idea is at least 35 years old and the total life of these ships as experts says are for the 40 years, it will be modified for the indian needs and it take time how much time no one know at least 2 to 4 years and the life will remain to 15 years how much maintanence russians give to ship in 1992 to 2000 when they lacks for the funding and in other economics crisis they also lost submariens in sea (KURSK) and other many disasters which most of us dont know ... it have maximum of 8 years of life left (to me) with OLd technology ... and what indians done to it last aircraft carrier a floating meusem this will be the another of 3 Billions Dollar MEUSEUM :wall:

A 3 Billion Dollar project which is too old and laid down in 1978 and commisiond in 1987 so far the technology and devolpment idea is at least 35 years old and the total life of these ships as experts says are for the 40 years, it will be modified for the indian needs and it take time how much time no one know at least 2 to 4 years and the life will remain to 15 years how much maintanence russians give to ship in 1992 to 2000 when they lacks for the funding and in other economics crisis they also lost submariens in sea (KURSK) and other many disasters which most of us dont know ... it have maximum of 8 years of life left (to me) with OLd technology ... and what indians done to it last aircraft carrier a floating meusem this will be the another of 3 Billions Dollar MEUSEUM :wall:

hmm...the last time I checked the aircraft within the image around your username also come with same "old" Russian tech engine!

INS Vikramaditya Development Three, Four Months Behind Schedule: Indian Navy

Daily News & Updates
India Defence Premium
Dated 1/5/2007
Printer Friendly Subscribe

The Indian Navy today denied reports from the Russian, Indian media that the delivery of aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov would be delayed till 2010 and said the refurbishing of the ship was moving as per schedule.

"The work is going on as per schedule and I do not know where this particular report came from. The work is only three to four months behind schedule and we can expect the aircraft carrier to be delivered by late 2008 or early 2009," Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sureesh Mehta told reporters here.

He was commenting on reports in a section of media recently which said that the delivery of Admiral Gorshkov or the rechristened 'Vikramaditya' aircraft carrier would be delayed to 2010.

The aircraft carrier is currently being refurbished at a cost of USD one billion, which includes 16 MiG 29K aircraft, is being built at the Sevmash shipyard in Serverodvinsk City of Russia.

Mehta said that the Russians have committed for a timely delivery of the ambitious aircraft carrier to the Indian Defence Minister.

"Our officials, who are stationed at the spot have said that the work is going on as per schedule and we can have a month long delay once the work is completed as that part of Russia is frozen for a long time," he said.

Mehta was in the city to preside over the investiture ceremony of naval officers and men held at INS Kunjali today.

http://www.india-defence.com/reports/3105

Ah well its not the first time I mean in an article concerning the Talwar frigates in a defence journal I read mentioned that the delivery was late and that India was considering compensation for late delivery.

Are the new carriers india has planned more of a dedicated carrier as opposed to a refurbished carrier/cruiser Hybrid like Admiral Gorshkov?

Yes, the IAC(Indegenous Aircraft Carrier)

Deisigned and is being currently manufactured in India itself. It is the first AC to be designed and made in India. Steel cutting was commenced a long time back. It is expected to undergo induction in IN in 2012.

Consultant for the IAC was Italy. It is a pure carrier. India wants a 3 carrier navy, one of the three being in the docks.

By 2009, we SHOULD have a 2 carrier Navy unless there are some delays. Vikramaditya and Vikrant will be there.

Vikrant will be decommisioned and IAC would be commosioned.

The Indian Navy today denied reports from the Russian, Indian media that the delivery of aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov would be delayed till 2010 and said the refurbishing of the ship was moving as per schedule.

"The work is going on as per schedule and I do not know where this particular report came from. The work is only three to four months behind schedule and we can expect the aircraft carrier to be delivered by late 2008 or early 2009," Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sureesh Mehta told reporters here.

He was commenting on reports in a section of media recently which said that the delivery of Admiral Gorshkov or the rechristened 'Vikramaditya' aircraft carrier would be delayed to 2010.

The aircraft carrier is currently being refurbished at a cost of USD one billion, which includes 16 MiG 29K aircraft, is being built at the Sevmash shipyard in Serverodvinsk City of Russia.

Mehta said that the Russians have committed for a timely delivery of the ambitious aircraft carrier to the Indian Defence Minister.

"Our officials, who are stationed at the spot have said that the work is going on as per schedule and we can have a month long delay once the work is completed as that part of Russia is frozen for a long time," he said.

Mehta was in the city to preside over the investiture ceremony of naval officers and men held at INS Kunjali today.

Deisigned and is being currently manufactured in India itself. It is the first AC to be designed and made in India. Steel cutting was commenced a long time back. It is expected to undergo induction in IN in 2012.

Consultant for the IAC was Italy. It is a pure carrier. India wants a 3 carrier navy, one of the three being in the docks.

By 2009, we SHOULD have a 2 carrier Navy unless there are some delays. Vikramaditya and Vikrant will be there.

I have always noted you mistaking Vikrant for Viraat. Vikrant is already retired and was a catapult carrier. The new IAC may be called Vikrant.

Malay, what kind of propulsion will be used and is India building it indegenously aswell?

There isnt much info on it, I am sure mostly it will be a TOT of the Italian Propulsion system

The vessel will be powered by 4 GE LM 2500 gas turbines,

As Bull said....

Gas turbine propulsion.
Gujarat-based Elecon Engineering is on the lookout for an acquisition in the material handling equipment (MHE) and gearbox segments in the European and US markets.

The company recently bagged a contract for supplying 2 propulsion gearboxes worth Rs 50 crore for India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier. For this project, it has entered into a technical collaboration with France-based Renk AG, which would supply the engineering components.
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1089180

it doesnt need a ToT i guess as we just need one. Could be licensed produced in India.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom