What's new

India: white skin is the right skin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, thats interesting indeed, i thought Indians are the
most ......on earth according to your countrymen's thread though.....:whistle:

Perhaps there is no other nation in the world that is as openly and shamelessly as racial as India.

To be born in an upper caste is a matter of pride whether the family to which a person belongs deserves it or not. A number of Indians who visit foreign countries often complain about being treated differently on account of their skin color or accent.

They overlook the fact that a vast number of people in their country exhibit a far greater obsession with accent, skin color and caste.
Indian film stars put on white makeup, on the screen and off the screen, even if they are black, to look acceptable and desirable.

The country's democracy is not a true democracy, but castocracy, where people vote and leaders are elected on caste lines. the Indian political parties thrive and succeed by appealing to this base emotion of people.

There are countless scholars who justify Hindu caste caste system quoting chater and verse from scriptures, ignoring the fact that they were convenlent interpolations or authored by bigoted scholars in an otherwise sacred lore to justifya cruel and unjust systemusing the very authority of God.
:hang2:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/72769-most-openly-racist-country-world.html

You are an outsider having no clue about our country. But you just have his ill found hate for anything India. Remove your hatred glass and look at India.

Yes. India is a very prejudiced country and there are a lot of ills . Rural India still has cast system and it has to be addressed to. But the Indian social fabric opposes any kind of prejudice and the law is against it. The implementation may have problems but the idea of India is based on equality. Unlike countries with a state religion and banishing others as second class citizens. You wouldn't really understand how complex a country India is.
You come from a fairly homogeneous country. But still you have a sizable Muslim population and what is their state?

You cannot claim your stupid opinion as 'scholars claim' taking it out of context. Even for offending , please have a proper source. Scholars do claim caste system was started as a just system but it became rigid and prejudiced down the lane. No one has ever claimed the caste system which is prevalent today is good.

The problem with india is tht most of indians have dark skin which is not bad..... but indians are obsessed with being white!..... try wierd adds in indian media... Fairness for men?fairness for women in just 4 weeks? indians urged to look white on facebook etc.... the list is endless..it has got to do with how indians as a nation think ... not just the dark skin of indians.....
Its disgusting though.
You speak as if it is Indians are the only ones who use cosmetics to improve appearance.There is a big market for cosmetics in pakistan too.There is even market for illegally imported indian cosmetics!!.If Pakistanis does not use these things for improving appearance/lightening skin,are all these cosmetics used in making bombs?

We are not dark skinned, Northern, NE and central India - light/brown wheatish skin tone. Indians do look like Mexicans. I think South India/Dravidians must have been a part of African genes.

I've noticed that North Indians and Pakistani Punjab are obsessed about their skin tone more than South India and other states of Pakistan.

I'd love to have a dark Indian chick for gf

We are not dark skinned, Northern, NE and central India - light/brown wheatish skin tone. Indians do look like Mexicans. I think South India/Dravidians must have been a part of African genes.

I've noticed that North Indians and Pakistani Punjab are obsessed about their skin tone more than South India and other states of Pakistan.

Coming from a Rajasthani family, the mindset of being fair is way too emphasized be it North India or Pakistan.

It will be more convincing if Russian replace by Indian cos thats typical Indian style personal attacks without proof to back their accusation.:D
Oh dear.I have seen you mentioning indians as dirty,stinky,slaves,stinking left hand etc..and you speak of others being racist.:rofl:
Everyone knows the only thing in the world thai women(with full govt support)are known for.If indians are racists like you we would be calling you some thing else(for being a...)

@ humanfirst

Better yet just leave the troll. He has yet to show his real "colors"..... or flag that is. :azn:

Oh dear.I have seen you mentioning indians as dirty,stinky,slaves,stinking left hand etc..and you speak of others being racist.:rofl:
Everyone knows the only thing in the world thai women(with full govt support)are known for. If indians are racists like you we would be calling you some thing else(for being a...)

Good to see that you are showing restraint. :cheers:

I'd hate to see this turn into another India vs. Pakistan vs. China thread. (And maybe Thailand too this time).

@ humanfirst

Better yet just leave the troll. He has yet to show his real "colors"..... or flag that is. :azn:

And please don't complain bias of this forum if you get ban for such baseless accusation and personal attack.:azn:

Come on guys, let's stick to the topic. :tup:

Skin whitening is a phenomenon that exists all over the world. It has existed in Asia a long time before Western colonialism.

In Ancient China, having a dark tan meant that you spent most of your time working in the fields and thus were a menial labourer. Higher class people would spend their time indoors and would end up having light skin.

Nowadays the trend is almost reversed... rich people are more likely to be able to afford a vacation, and thus to get a sun tan.

So in many countries in the world, having a tanned complexion has become a sign of prestige. This is especially true in Western countries.

Come on guys, let's stick to the topic. :tup:

Skin whitening is a phenomenon that exists all over the world. It has existed in Asia a long time before Western colonialism.

In Ancient China, having a dark tan meant that you spent most of your time working in the fields and thus were a menial labourer. Higher class people would spend their time indoors and would end up having light skin.

Nowadays the trend is almost reversed... rich people are more likely to be able to afford a vacation, and thus to get a sun tan.

So in many countries in the world, having a tanned complexion has become a sign of prestige. This is especially true in Western countries.

Exactly the sensational agrument that has brought discrimination into the mindset of people over centuries.

India: white skin the right skin for fashion models

XINHUANEWS 2008-01-28 14:44:25
The presence of Caucasian models in Indian advertisements has grown in the past three years, industry analysts say.

So chinaview.cn thinks only whites are Caucasians?

Take a look here at what kind of legal problems they could run into if they keep on doing that.

I guess they're suffering from the same 'all equals majority' problem that causes people from the US refer to East Asians as Asians and Blacks as Africans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom