What's new

India vs. South Africa Cricket Series

If that is what u would like to deduce from these two matches then sorry brother that is very bad analysis. Look how close this match went and remember the sound beating we got in first test. I would be praying that if only we could draw the third one then it would indeed be a great achievement!!!!

dude you are full of doubts because of past performances of old indian teams, now i see a team which can take a beating but learn from it and come out stronger.earlier it used to have tendency to lose confidence after one defeat or dependent of performance of one player but what we have here is the drive in each player to be successful thus getting contribution from all in game.
i am feeling a strange excitement because i think all cards in deck are interconnected to make us winner in the game called "the indian dream". i mean to say "the rise of india" can be visualized in every field ,be it in sport, economy, education or business. individual dreams of 'man' is leading factor for success which is transforming us as a nation. many will call me naive or insane by drawing such conclusion based on one game but for me its sign of changing Psyche of common man who is inspired to achieve his dreams.

^ Sports has no relation with economy or education or what you say. Sports goes in cycle. Sometimes you're good sometimes you're bad. If we're to go by what you say then all the developed countries should always have good sporting teams.

Last edited:
The hero of the match was Laxman, he amazes me with his ability to flourish in uncomfortable situations, ponting rightly said 'if you take half of indian team down on a score less than 100, with laxman still on crease you havent won the match,you havent even finished half of the job, so you have to quickly get him before he gets you'

dude you are full of doubts because of past performances of old indian teams, now i see a team which can take a beating but learn from it and come out stronger.earlier it used to have tendency to lose confidence after one defeat or dependent of performance of one player but what we have here is the drive in each player to be successful thus getting contribution from all in game.
i am feeling a strange excitement because i think all cards in deck are interconnected to make us winner in the game called "the indian dream". i mean to say "the rise of india" can be visualized in every field ,be it in sport, economy, education or business. individual dreams of 'man' is leading factor for success which is transforming us as a nation. many will call me naive or insane by drawing such conclusion based on one game but for me its sign of changing Psyche of common man who is inspired to achieve his dreams.

As much as i am enthralled by your enthusiasm and positive mental attitude for our nation, i request you to take a deep breath and re look at the post of yours.

You are trying to interconnect two factors mutually exclusive of one another as the zeal for individual success (in whatever field it is) might not be affecting the National psyche as u assume it to be. So think about it buddy.

On topic you say i am in doubt but have u seen the beating we took in first test, i agree we came back well but still we are on a knife's edge. These are not my doubts bro they are facts.

^ Sports has no relation with economy or education or what you say. Sports goes in cycle. Sometimes you're good sometimes you're bad. If we're to go by what you say then all the developed countries should always have good sporting teams.

There is high positive correlation between Sports performance and Economic development. It is as simple as this: more money means more resources for sports infrastructure, hence better performance.

You can find below a much more detailed explanation for high correlation between Sports and Economic development

Play the Game: Sport and Economic Development

There is high positive correlation between Sports performance and Economic development. It is as simple as this: more money means more resources for sports infrastructure, hence better performance.

You can find below a much more detailed explanation for high correlation between Sports and Economic development

Play the Game: Sport and Economic Development

The report is too long but I'll say the following.

Today, Pakistan's and India's GDP per capita is about the same. So currently, sporting facility, especially in cricket, are more or less the same. Yet Pakistan is a worse team. It's not because of economic development that India has a better team. It's because at the present, it has better players.

Go back to 80s and 90s. Pakistan's GDP per capita was about 300-500 over that era. Yet we had a very good team.

Look at England through the 80s and 90s, and most of 2000s. Developed country, yet a pretty crap team.

Same goes for Sri Lanka. Not high GDP per capita, yet they have a very good team for about a decade and a half now.

Sports goes in cycles. I think there might be little correlation with economic development, as you say because it might mean more facilities, but it's not a huge correlation IMO. If you think statistics, you'd know that positive correlations range between 1.0 to 0.01. A correlation between 0.67 to 1.0 is very high. My personal guess is that the correlation is between 0.1 to 0.4. Not that great.

More importantly, however, I think you need to look at what's being said. What's being said is that economic development causes a team to become good. Not just correlation is being implied there, but causation. That's something that's obviously not true.

are you familiar with process called "DATA MINING", take the data & make a warehouse of relevant data. choose suitable variables to be analysed and apply Top-Down analysis because we checking for proposed hypothesis or trying to find relation between some known variables. This approach will tell you that actually there is relation between performance of individual in particular area and composite economic growth in every field in case of developing countries.

India managed it (somehow) but im sure SA will make a strong comeback in the 3rd match ..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom