What's new

India vs Afghanistan ... T20 World Cup

:coffee:

Afghanistan gained lot of respect in this world cup but the game vs India just threw it all in the gutters

• They had 8 Wickets in Hand and refused to accelerate the score with 13 overs in hand.
  • The Bowling / Fielding was very questionable

Never seen a player quit on his team in middle of World Cup :laugh: Specially when his nation is on verge of qualification to Semi Finals with 1 win needed

The moment when Afghanistan stopped playing
1635988962774.png

13 Overs , played as Test Cricket
  • Singles , Dot Balls or Occasional 4 every 2 overs
  • No 2 Run Double was attempted !!! :big_boss:

A team who wanted to win would be going for 4's , and 6's every ball they had 78 Balls , and also go for 2 Runs

Only '8' of 78 balls were dispatched to Boundary this is how poor Afghanistan were !!!

Mean while Guptil for Newzeland had 13 Boundaries by himself 1 player

He used 56 Balls to score massive 93 , just shows what is possible

If Guptil was chasing 162 from 78 balls , he would have needed 65 runs off 22 Balls

1635989543053.png

However , Afghan players were equally wasteful in start of inning
4 Players wasted 44 balls for only 1 run a ball

1635990063179.png

Last edited:
:coffee:

Afghanistan gained lot of respect in this world cup but the game vs India just threw it all in the gutters

• They had 5 Wickets in Hand and refused to accelerate the score with 8 overs in hand.
  • The Bowling / Fielding was very questionable

Never seen a player quit on his team in middle of World Cup :laugh: Specially when his nation is on verge of qualification to Semi Finals with 1 win needed

Someone with an iota of brain can see why Asghar Afghan retired. Didn't want to be a part of this filth.

It became more clear when the only stand out performer for Afghanistan who gave it his all was Asghar's brother Karim Jannat.

Karim Janat bowled 1 over gave 7 runs and picked 1 wicket. As he was becoming thorn in the plans for Afghanistan, he didnt get to bowl another over.

In batting Karim Jannat scored 42* off 22 balls. Even smacked last ball for six to damage the run rate.

The only player who didn't sell his country was Asghar's brother and Asghar's retirement reason is crystal clear now.

Well when India will play vs Nimbiwia or Scotland I guess we will see how average Indian team really is

Hon Sir,

If you really believe that Afghan team is a better team than Indian cricket team then you are ignoring all the previous record and achievements of the Indian until now. If for some freak accident, New Zealand team also loses to Afghanistan then you would think that matched is fixed too! In order to win a team has to perform well on the day and Indians outplayed Afghanistan today just like Pakistan outplayed India.

It is the same attitude whereby Hindutva goons believe that Shami deliberately bowled so that Pakistanis could make quick runs.. Regret my inability to argue with people who believe in conspiracy theories. I admit my defeat.

Can you elaborate on what is Fixing and what are the symptoms and criteria to judge?

Being retired, I have been watching most of the matches including Afghanistan vs India. I have read most of the comments and am deepl6y disappointed with some of posts by my compatriots. Must we as bad and unreasonable as the Hindutva goons? Where is our sportsman spirit?

India had won all two of their previous 20/20 encounters with Afghanistan. Ask any one who has played cricket or knows a little bit about cricket and he would agree that on the criterion of skill, experience and calibre of the individual players: Indian cricket team is far ahead of the Afghanistan team. Why do we say that this was a fixed match? It is a slur on the integrity of the Afghan nation. India outplayed Afghanistan and beat them fair and square; as members of a religion which is based on justice and fairness, let us accept the result without any insinuations.

Like all of Pakistanis I would also not shed a tear if India fails to qualify for the 'Semis' and indeed pinning hope on Afghanistan beating New Zealand is like hoping against 'Hope'. But on the other hand, wouldn't it be an icing on the cake if Pakistan beats India twice?
Personally speaking
I was just having some fun for laughs

Well when India will play vs Nimbiwia or Scotland I guess we will see how average Indian team really is
we all saw how good indian team is after they got smacked by pak and nz.
no disrespect, but comparision with minnows isnt going to prove anything.

PS: if losing to a team is match fixing, then i guess all the drubbing india got was fixed. that is why BCCI is the richest cricket board in the world.

I miss the 1 Big Group with all Good teams too many mediocre teams messing up the Tournament
1992 World Cup had the best format , you play every team once

• Australia
  • England
  • Pakistan
  • South Africa
  • West Indies
  • New Zealand
  • Srilanka
  • Bangladesh
  • India
You play 9 Games
Top 4 Go to Semi Finals

Best Rank Associate Team in T20 Champions League

Last edited:
Yesterday night's bollywood movie didn't contain any songs or item numbers. Good for Indian cinema.

Yesterday's anomalies from Afghan side in first innings.

1) Afghan Asghar retirement mid tournament before crucial matches.

2) Batting second. In this world cup Afg have always batted first.

3) Missing mujeeb (officially due to injury). Lets see if he recovers for NZ match on sunday.

4) M.Nabi & Karim Jannat, the most economical bowlers got to ball one over each (7 rpo).

5) Rashid Khan, who is pretty familiar with Indian weaknesses & strengths failing to take a wicket for the first time in this tournament (though this can be used vice versa that Indians also know him well) and brought in to ball 2 double over spells instead of the usual 4 consecutive overs in the second half. His line and length wasn't the usual one, perhaps some stats can be extracted to objectively define R. Khan's line and lengths yesterday.

Dropped catches and misfields do take place which is a part of the game!

But overall there was a lack of energy/enthusiasm/chirpy quality associated with the AFG team. This will be evident in the NZ match on Sunday if someone hasn't seen previous encounters. If the AFG team considers itself out of the tournament, then they should maintain their friendly attitude in the NZ game, will they?

Didn't bother to watch their batting, no comments!

Great catch ...should had been given out..thats tough and bad decision by the third umpire...may be ball touched the ground but still effort was superb. Hard luck Jadeja.

Ball touched the ground

Kis baat ka catch?

we all saw how good indian team is after they got smacked by pak and nz.
no disrespect, but comparision with minnows isnt going to prove anything.

PS: if losing to a team is match fixing, then i guess all the drubbing india got was fixed. that is why BCCI is the richest cricket board in the world.

haha on point, going by this logic pakidtan and NZ paid Indian cricketers to lose matches.

how much more dumb can one get?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom