What's new

India v Pakistan, 2nd ODI, Kolkata Jan 3, 2013 (12:00 local | 06:30 GMT)

I think what's annoying Indians but they are finding it hard to say is that... Dhoni wants to WOW people. He's addicted to it after the WC win. He wants to do things like bring in Yuvraj and get a hatrick. He wants to keep a high batting average. He wants to come down the order and win matches singlehandedly.

Hes in love with his own grandiose image.

Completely agree with this.

Another point where he made a mistake IMO was when he and Ishant were the last men in.

They looked to be happy to stop the balls and keep on going for dots. Dhoni was very relaxed and leaving or stopping the balls which could have been hammered. What was the point of doing that? It isn't as if they were waiting for powerplay to launch an attack. Nor were there any more batsmen left that he was keeping wickets. It was 120 odd needed from last 15 or 10 overs, last man in, so why not go all out now, why in the 46th over?

Eventually he got started in the 46th over with a bat change, but why that late? It isn't the world cup or anything that you have to remain at 9 wickets and not all out!

Completely agree with this.

Another point where he made a mistake IMO was when he and Ishant were the last men in.

They looked to be happy to stop the balls and keep on going for dots. Dhoni was very relaxed and leaving or stopping the balls which could have been hammered. What was the point of doing that? It isn't as if they were waiting for powerplay to launch an attack. Nor were there any more batsmen left that he was keeping wickets. It was 120 odd needed from last 15 or 10 overs, last man in, so why not go all out now, why in the 46th over?

Eventually he got started in the 46th over with a bat change, but why that late? It isn't the world cup or anything that you have to remain at 9 wickets and not all out!

He hit a few shots in the end, when he saw Sharmay se toh bat hi nahi ghumaya ja raha tha.

So he wanted his fifty before Sharma got out. I guess these things will hurt him in the future. I think they'll continue him till England comes. If the English beat Dhoni too, then hes gone. Chahay woh har match main double centuries hi kyun na maarle.

545191_10200264607800299_1843299884_n.jpg

24465_441731025893608_1074890450_n.jpg

He hit a few shots in the end, when he saw Sharmay se toh bat hi nahi ghumaya ja raha tha.

So he wanted his fifty before Sharma got out. I guess these things will hurt him in the future. I think they'll continue him till England comes. If the English beat Dhoni too, then hes gone. Chahay woh har match main double centuries hi kyun na maarle.

yeah most probably that was the case, he told Sharma to take it nice and easy, and in the meanwhile he gets his fifty safely, just singles every over, play it safe kind of thing.

There is Dhoni debate going on everywhere on TV, and to be fair to him, it is not as much his fault as it is made to be. Sure he gets some tactics and things wrong regarding bowling options etc, but when Kohli and Yuvraj play stupid shots like that it isn't his fault IMO. What if Kohli and Yuvraj would have gotten fifties or a century, Dhoni would have been absolved of his mistakes then, and even though he would not have been praised, he would not have been criticized either.

yeah most probably that was the case, he told Sharma to take it nice and easy, and in the meanwhile he gets his fifty safely, just singles every over, play it safe kind of thing.

There is Dhoni debate going on everywhere on TV, and to be fair to him, it is not as much his fault as it is made to be. Sure he gets some tactics and things wrong regarding bowling options etc, but when Kohli and Yuvraj play stupid shots like that it isn't his fault IMO. What if Kohli and Yuvraj would have gotten fifties or a century, Dhoni would have been absolved of his mistakes then, and even though he would not have been praised, he would not have been criticized either.

I know, like all Pakistanis I agree that its not Dhoni's fault totally, but I also see the Indian POV where there WAS some fault.

All in all - its just cricket. You win some, you lose some. If Dhoni can learn from this criticism then hes an even better captain. If he does the same thing as people are saying he would, then he really is an idiot.

But realistically speaking he just has the English matches to prove himself... Hes definitely a goner if he loses those.

yar next match ma plz play umer akmal instead of azhar plz plz

@JonAsad and @KRAIT

daikh lay bhai jab ma kehta hon india jeetay ga ..india har jata ha ...:lol:

krait ki kali zuban ko neutral kardiya ha manai :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
yar next match ma plz play umer akmal instead of azhar plz plz
@JonAsad and @KRAIT
daikh lay bhai jab ma kehta hon india jeetay ga ..india har jata ha ...:lol:
krait ki kali zuban ko neutral kardiya ha manai :cheers:
@JonAsad Bhai ye cheating hai. Match wapis hona chahiye. :rfol:

Tujhe to baad main dekh lunga Mani. Acid pilaake kaali ko laal kar dunga teri jubaan. :lol:

@JonAsad Bhai ye cheating hai. Match wapis hona chahiye. :rfol:

Tujhe to baad main dekh lunga Mani. Acid pilaake kaali ko laal kar dunga teri jubaan. :lol:

acid hazam pathar hazam Pakistani soda ...bta kaunsa acid pilana ha mujhe aur kitna.....takay ma ous hisab se khaon
@KRAIT plz suicide na karein india k loss k baad ...next match tumhe day dain gay

Back
Top Bottom