What's new

India v Pakistan, 2nd ODI, Kolkata Jan 3, 2013 (12:00 local | 06:30 GMT)

No they had gone for holidays . But i am sure they can't wait to come back, they must be foaming from their mouths at the prospect of defeating India badly on home ground considering India's form.

I thought they are still there waiting for one day series..i think your media is putting unnecessary pressure on dhoni and others player which wull not be good for indo-england one day series..you cannot win all the marches all the time

I thought they are still there waiting for one day series..i think your media is putting unnecessary pressure on dhoni and others player which wull not be good for indo-england one day series..you cannot win all the marches all the time

They have been practically losing all the series for the last 2 year since the world cup, the media was not all that bothered for the simple reason that this team won us the world cup and we were too thankful , but now it seems these players are taking the country and media for granted.

Some pressure is needed. They won't perform as long as they are not made to realise that their position in the team is in danger and also the danger of losing the much wanted advertisements.

T 20 world cup , India australia series india england series , Asia cup and now this series. There has to be a limit.

Also, Drunken Fletcher has to go . Gary Kirsten left a world champion team and he drove it down just like he did with England.

No problem, please let us all know,as to which 5 or 6 players can be brought in and who can be rested.

The list is very long ..few of the deserving candidates are ..
- CA Pujara
- Manoj Tiwari
- Ajinkya M Rahane
- Murli Vijay
- CM Gautam
- Unmukt Chand
- Shikhar Dhawan
- P. Ojha
- P. Kumar
- IC Panday
- Sandeep Sharma
- P. Awana
- R. Dhawan
- M. Gautam - WC
- Naman Ojha - WC
- Uday Kaul -WC

Following players can be rotated and asked to play domestic cricket..
- Rohit Sharma
- Suresh Raina
- Ravinder Jadeja
- Virender Sahwag
- G. Gambhir
- M. Dhoni
- Piyush Chawla
- Ishant Sharma

There are lots of options to groom. But it's pity that we want to play with young squad but most of these so called young player are still young even after playing 150+ ODI and killing opportunities for real young and talented players.

- CA Pujara
- Manoj Tiwari
- Ajinkya M Rahane
- Murli Vijay
- CM Gautam
- Unmukt Chand
- Shikhar Dhawan
- P. Ojha
- P. Kumar
- IC Panday
- Sandeep Sharma
- P. Awana
- R. Dhawan
- M. Gautam - WC
- Naman Ojha - WC
- Uday Kaul -WC

- Rohit Sharma
- Suresh Raina
- Ravinder Jadeja
- Virender Sahwag
- G. Gambhir
- M. Dhoni

There are lots of options to groom. But it's pity that we want to play with young squad but most of these so called young player are still young even after playing 150+ ODI and killing opportunities for real young and talented players.

Dhoni, Gambhi, Sehwag have absolutely no substitute, these players are in a class of their own.

The players you want to rotate are all batsmen and a W/K, and the replacement players also include bowlers. How can that work out?

Players like Dhoni and Sehwag and Gambhir who have so much international experience, they cannot be substituted by players who are nascent in international matches.

I repeat, India is not as gifted as Australia or Pakistan in cricket talent. Instead of resting your main players, the best way out is to reduce the no. of matches (including IPL), there is NO WAY you can find substitutes for all of your top players.

We have to play to win.

Dhoni, Gambhi, Sehwag have absolutely no substitute, these players are in a class of their own.

Agree, there is no substitute for them but those can be rested if not performing. eg. There is no need for Dhoni in Test cricket.

The players you want to rotate are all batsmen and a W/K, and the replacement players also include bowlers. How can that work out?

All bowlers except R. Ashwin can be replaced without any big impact on bowling performance. If you look at list I've posted it has 7 bowlers and 3 all rounders. At this moment I'll advocate to give more chances to Dinda and B. Kumar

Players like Dhoni and Sehwag and Gambhir who have so much international experience, they cannot be substituted by players who are nascent in international matches.
True, but Dohni has mentioned many time that they are playing too much cricket and team is tired. Dohni has accused Sehwag and Gambhir of poor fielding costing 20~30 runs to team. If you ask me keeping skills of Dhoni are not the best we have much better WC available. So, He should lead by example and take break.

I repeat, India is not as gifted as Australia or Pakistan in cricket talent. Instead of resting your main players, the best way out is to reduce the no. of matches (including IPL), there is NO WAY you can find substitutes for all of your top players.

I tends to dis agree. Moment we give up sifarish and quota system you'll see plenty of talent available. Let me ask what was the reason of resting Ojha in favor of Piyush Chawla?

We have to play to win.

Agree, but we do not see any win coming with current team and it's state of mind. We need radical changes to bring new life and thought process to our team.

PS: I've added Piyush Chawla to the name of players can be rested. Actually he do not deserve to be in top 15.

Agree, there is no substitute for them but those can be rested if not performing. eg. There is no need for Dhoni in Test cricket.

All bowlers except R. Ashwin can be replaced without any big impact on bowling performance. If you look at list I've posted it has 7 bowlers and 3 all rounders. At this moment I'll advocate to give more chances to Dinda and B. Kumar

True, but Dohni has mentioned many time that they are playing too much cricket and team is tired. Dohni has accused Sehwag and Gambhir of poor fielding costing 20~30 runs to team. If you ask me keeping skills of Dhoni are not the best we have much better WC available. So, He should lead by example and take break.

I tends to dis agree. Moment we give up sifarish and quota system you'll see plenty of talent available. Let me ask what was the reason of resting Ojha in favor of Piyush Chawla?

Agree, but we do not see any win coming with current team and it's state of mind. We need radical changes to bring new life and thought process to our team.

PS: I've added Piyush Chawla to the name of players can be rested. Actually he do not deserve to be in top 15.

I am completely fine with rotation that does not dilute team strength. But why not start with reducing the number of matches that the team is playing ?

I am completely fine with rotation that does not dilute team strength. But why not start with reducing the number of matches that the team is playing ?

Sounds good to me!
Finally we have came to common understanding. .... Rotation + Reduced no of matches:cheers:

- CA Pujara
- Manoj Tiwari
- Ajinkya M Rahane
- Murli Vijay
- CM Gautam
- Unmukt Chand
- Shikhar Dhawan
- P. Ojha
- P. Kumar
- IC Panday
- Sandeep Sharma
- P. Awana
- R. Dhawan
- M. Gautam - WC
- Naman Ojha - WC
- Uday Kaul -WC

- Rohit Sharma
- Suresh Raina
- Ravinder Jadeja
- Virender Sahwag
- G. Gambhir
- M. Dhoni
- Piyush Chawla
- Ishant Sharma

This Chand guy seems to be talented. Saw him in the U19 WC. You should give him a chance. Rahane is also a very good prospect. For bowling I don't think you have too many good options. Particularly in fast bowling.

Back
Top Bottom