What's new

India unveils $30 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for $30 you can't expect an electronic device with small moving delicate parts to last more than a few months after the warranty expires. Methinks call centers all over India are about to get flooded with business.

Call centers wouldnt get flooded, as this is not for sale outside india as of now.... Its GOI Initiative to promote E Education in India

I think for $30 you can't expect an electronic device with small moving delicate parts to last more than a few months after the warranty expires. Methinks call centers all over India are about to get flooded with business.

As said sir we are not expecting a world class item at this rate..but imagine a government run school with 300-400 students have only 2-3 computers..how much exposure will they get??This system is surely a helping hand for students to increase their e-knowledge ..

Yup, And it will further decrease to 20$ and 10$ if Companies start producing it and commercialize it

If it could increase the literacy rate then its a good step. And if succeeded i think could be exported to the countries in the region for the same purpose

Good Luck.

Not necessarily, If the system is running on an embedded processor it is possible it might cost around 80 to 90 dollars.. however if economy of scale is put into perspective then its possible..to sell these machines for 30$ maybe for a loss.
They may not be fast or capable but if they will provide a poor man with a word processor and someway to connect to the internet then its a great achievement.

1. Yes, people are forgetting that Govt. gonna provide this laptop to around 20 crore students more then the population of whole of Pakistan.

When something goes into mass production the cost dramatically comes down.

2. The requirements is to provide all the students specially poor students the access to the:

thousands of e-books + 500 video courses prepared by govt. + world processor + Internet browsing + Email facility + Multimedia.

And it fits all the requirements.

This will propel India into elite club, education and knowledge explosion because of this effort will led the students and their family into better future.

This laptop offers a great opportunity not only for students but also for India's manufacturing Industry.

And there is a great export potential in developing countries.

World Bank, IMF etc. should finance this device to reach out the needy students all over the world.

This will be the biggest education revolution and will create opportunities for poor.

This stuff is powered by a 2-watt system to suit poor power supply areas, and also has solar panels

:)))) i think he was talking about any technical fault. if the most advanced ones breakdown you can imagine quality of cheap goods

But this does not Give room to any other feature, compensating the Other one, this has been Done for a Purpose, Well its a machine, if it Breaks down, there is hardly any loss....

tata nano failed project now this stupidity from low bidget indians :rofl::rofl:

I think you"ve been living "into the wild" too long how about coming to civilization and catching up?:azn:

Tata Nano is a success!:cool:

@Ontopic

Its great news for kids in Govt schools, :yahoo: atleast now poor parents will be enthusiastic about sending their kids to school rather than forcing them into child labour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom