What's new

India unveils $30 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible to see such an innovative step forward. To bring IT to the poorest.

At the critics of this project: Yes, this device will be pretty low quality and will be crap, if you compare it to your high-end systems. But remember, to a poor child somewhere, this will be a gateway into a world he never imagined he could step in. This is an opportunity to learn and improve, to utilise talent that otherwise would have laid stagnant and undiscovered.

Before criticising, take a minute and think. Think of the positive impact such a project could make for the poor. Think of the number of students who will be more inclined to learn, to achieve something. Think how many poor students will be proud and grateful to be born an Indian, when they recieve their first computer courtesy of the government.

Now think, what has your government done to help the poor in your country? And can your people actually benefit from something like this? Think for a while before criticising others.

I am proud of my country for giving these kids a chance to better their lives. And i am proud of my countrymen for using their talents to improve life for their fellow countrymen. I am proud that our motherland has produced such people, who have put their efforts into helping others.

Jai Hind!

To the critics of this project

If You and me owns a SUV that doesn't mean we can't let needy students own a Nano.

Every child has right what's his/her fault if he/she is poor??????

If NANO is India's contribution to automobile world.
then this laptop is going to bring revolution to IT industry..we can expect more of IT guys from poor backgrounds who cannot afford expensive systems..
pls note this is a powerful yet cheap tool,the cheapness has been achieved by using components which r just enough.I graduated with 144mhz intel processor with a 2 MB RAM & a 4.7GB HDD (386 & 486DX2 system) and we didn't complain abt inadequacies then..those were the systems available then in yr early 90's..

sir,

let them say what they want we are progressing and will continue with that and the people with such mentality will remain in time wrap.

thanks

Well said! :tup: Sometimes i just get pissed on how ignorant and hypocritical some members can get.

If we spend on defence,they exaggerate the level of poverty in our country,by posting an endless list of pictures of slums etc.

If we do something that"ll benefit the poor,they say it is cheap.

They really need to make up their mind.:azn:

Anyways guys back to the topic,just found something on youtube,

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why you are comparing it to iPAD! Adam is low cost tablet using open source Android so the general public in India can afford it.
iPAD is built for people with heavy wallets, no doubt the experience on iPhone/iPad is much better/smoother but both are targeted at different markets. iPad cost around $899 here compared to Adam which will be $30-$45.

Currently i am using iPad at work and Dell streak (running Android) at home, Anroid beats IOS hands down. Android's memory management is far superior to IOS and Android can truly multi task unlike IOS. I must admit that iPad truly shines when it comes to feel and GUI experience of applications.

When you say iPad is built around applications, same is the case with Android! it's apps based and there are thousands of apps available at Google apps.
Ehhh Adam is supposed to be an international product and is being launched in LA next month. Comparisons with ipad are because it's direct competitor with it. So the next time u walk into a store in the US u get to choose between ipad, HP, Dell & Adam...get the idea?

The problem is not with the device, the problem is when people say it is laptop. We should be using right term instead, it is still a good job.

lol it looks nice but i know for a facts it going to be crappy and hobo thangs soo i would not buy it rather just keep my money

Bro its Rs. 1500 only, 1 can only buy crappy Nokia 1100 or 16GB pen drive in this budget.

I will buy one, its good enough for dedicated download rig, 24x7 ON, power saver.

It will atleast have better capabilities than smart phones.

and people dont make fun of rickshaw wala's. They are smart and upgrade phones regularly :P, they want colored screen, Symbian S40 OS, Camera, speaker phone, stereo ringtones support, expendable memory.

Exciting times, Touch screen phones, nettops, PMPs, everything is so affordable and easily avl in India.

:tup:

I have gone through the whole thread, what amazes me is that the Pakistan members have just no courtesy to compliment any Indian achievement. The jealousy is retarding their abilities to think clearly, making nonsensical remarks on an International forum, just high lights their idiocy and a great fun for the international audience.
While making ludicrous remarks they tend to forget that they are on one of the most screened forums on the planet, and that they are not siting in their personal sitting rooms for a chat.
With out verifying the facts the usual anti India propaganda with the same usual devilish remarks on its poverty and forgetting the fact the kind of conditions prevailing in their own country.
I some time feel as if this is some educational class for these dwellers of eudaimonia.

Arre zabaan se galti se bhi tarif ka ek lawaz bol diya karo, jin students ne itni mehnat se ye mumkin kiya hai, unki hoosla afzai hoogi. Bhoolo nahi ye sab engineering ke students hai, koi professional nahi.:cheers:

Dose anybody know where we can buy one of these ? Is it in the market ? :cheers:

Thats cause pakistanis cant invent nothing, Nasa has 40% indian scientist that tells you the diffrence between us.

but sir.....its for the welfare of students....its better to have a computer than not....everything is fair in love, war and for one's nation
Hatz off to the company who achieved this:tup:

Its not a company who did it..it is done by IIT students..:)

World Bank, IMF etc. should finance this device to reach out the needy students all over the world.
IMF wont finance this they only finance balance of payments.....World bank could do so....but I think Indian government didn't look into this possiblilty

and then the same members who are making BS comments on this thread assume a hurt and bewildered expression when Indians take pot shots at JF 17. I am glad though that there are still saner members like Santro who do not automatically turn on the demeaning mode about every thing Indian..

there are some trolls here i suspect.....I have seen into the wild with different country flags with summerwine....but interestingly both have changed their country flags now (may be jako may help)

well i read whole thread and got it. because its made by india so its scrapy for us.and same to them when some thing done from here they make it a joke. but for me its great if its work long and can help millions of students .only if its work long time not like cheap items which damage whithen few days or maximum few weeks.only internet browsing is greatest there at least better them mobile.keep it up we need youth educated and computer master. god bless our gov i don't know what they are doing in grass root for education or we just produce millions of construction workers .like 80s and 90 we done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom