What's new

India unsettled as US backs ' smartest choice' Diamer- Basha Dam

Mere lip service. Lets see how much fund is raised. I also agree with other posters that America still needs Pakistan for Afghanistan. Lets see how Modi's diplomacy takes shape.

That was politics. NOT the same thing in case of Diamer-Bhasha. Please, next time do some actual research, rather than pretending that you know something. If you don't know, just ask. Just don't try to be a smart arse.

Dude, explain to me why should politics not interefere here too? I mean ONE DAM, it takes 60 years for you to discuss it and you're calling us smart a$$ses?

Dude, explain to me why should politics not interefere here too? I mean ONE DAM, it takes 60 years for you to discuss it and you're calling us smart a$$ses?

Because in the last 10 years, the power demand has gone way way above the supply. After the floods, power outages, crippled industry, people have realized that a long term solution is building more dams. We haven't build any major dams since the Tarbela/Mangla projects got done in 1970s. Kalabagh Dam idea was poorly sold, not in this case. The national sentiment has changed for the good. People need electricity, not fake sentiments.

Well America and Pakistan are still allies right. And regardless of how they feel about each other, the truth is that America NEEDS Pakistan for their regional plans, especially Afghanistan.

So why wouldn't they support a Pakistani dam being constructed in GB, even if it means ignoring India's claim and supporting Pakistan's claim.

America knows that India is worried about a two-front war. So India needs America to be at least neutral to them (instead of helping Pakistan). So regardless of what America does to Indian diplomats, India won't complain too much.

China + Pakistan is already too much for India, if America helps Pakistan (their ally), and Russia remains neutral (or even gives vocal support to China), then India really won't have anyone left to turn to. They must keep America neutral.

If America is keep neutral then can say good bye to our markets.And by the way what do you know about Indian lobby in US?
Only China .We know how to keep Pakistan at the bay.And reason you already said America is still a aid supplier of Pakistan.
Man we are playing with our economic clout .US knows India very well when we reject their fighters in MMRCA and also diplomatic episode.

wtf are u talking about invading GB im a gilgiti let me tell u one thing we are as patriotic as it gets and educated we dont want to be a part of india u might be drunk

We also dont care it any more .But I mentioned about India's official stand there.

Future will tell.;);)

There is zero possibility of a two front war. The Indian military uses it to get more funds.

India needs US to stop financing this project. Its okay if China does it. As mentioned above, China has much higher rates of interest and the award goes to Chinese companies. No problems with us there.

If the US wants India to enter its trilateral treaties and defense purchases, it would have to start accommodating Indian concerns more and more - which they have been increasingly doing over the past few years.

Don't be stupid.
1-USA doesn't give a shyt about India, other than trade, that's it.
2-Anti-US sentiment runs deep in Pakistan. What the Americans have realized is that if they don't fix this now, they might have a Iranian revolution type of situation, this time, with nukes. So even though Islamabad and Washington might disagree on a lot of things, US-Pakistan relations are back on track.
3-In order to the address the above mentioned problems, United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has done some serious work, building dams, roads, schools, power infrastructure in rural areas, tribal areas etc. Actual ground level work that affects people. Similarly, USAID can channel some funds for this Dam project too. Imagine, the biggest Hydropower project gets the blessings of Pakistani common man. The return on American investment would be greater than anything India can offer.
4-US foreign policy is independent. So again, one way or the other, if US wants to fund this dam, they will do it.

There is no way India can prevent Pakistan from doing what it wants in GB.
Just like India can build projects, we too can. If the money doesn't come from USA, it will come from elsewhere. You never know it as a Joint Russian/Chinese/Pakistan JV.

We actually never expected USA to do fund raising and show interest. But guess what, no one really gives a rat's arse about India.

Russians seriously?? :lol:
They are struggling to foot their own development bill .And they are going to help Pakistan on the expense of Indo-Russian relation .I dont think so.

We also dont care it any more .But I mentioned about India's official stand there.
Future will tell.
u said it future will tell,its a slap on ur face when u think about muslims invading india well near future i hope enough of ur shit

If America is keep neutral then can say good bye to our markets.And by the way what do you know about Indian lobby in US?
Only China .We know how to keep Pakistan at the bay.And reason you already said America is still a aid supplier of Pakistan.
Man we are playing with our economic clout .US knows India very well when we reject their fighters in MMRCA and also diplomatic episode.

Future will tell.;);)

Your markets? They are peanuts to what they can get elsewhere. Have you ever been to America? Have you ever Lived and worked in America? I suggest you do. Most of the Americans wouldn't care for the word Indian, other than some spicy curry at a restaurant. If they want, they can create the size of Indian future Market, within the current Chinese market/far east market.
If India tried to restrict American Dollar follow, it will only shoot itself. Kid, educate yourself on modern economics, the value of dollar in international markets and above all, how the US central bank, Federal Reserve, can shake markets on a whim. Federal reserve cuts/raises the interest rates for it's domestic market but the effects are felt anywhere from Japan to India.
That is why your so called superman economist Raghuram Rajan had to become vocal to let America know that what they do affects India as well. Most of the money that came into India post 2001 as what you proudly call FDI, was cheap, flooded money coming from Federal Reserve or European Central Banks. That cheap money, allowed the big companies to finance new projects in emerging markets. Companies get this money as loan from commercial banks, who in turn get it from the central banks at close to 0-1% interest rates. However, if they, the central banks of reserve currency (Bank of England, European Bank, Federal Reserve etc) feel that enough stimulus has been pumped, they will raise the interest rates, thereby making it difficult for industry to borrow money. With no cheap money, companies tend to stay away from small/immature markets. There is a reason why the world is closely watching China's central bank policy, because it will directly affect their economy and as such those related to it.
Here:
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/cc1d1716-89ac-11e3-abc4-00144feab7de.html#axzz3GmK3EnGv

So yea, i didn't mean to hijack this thread, but you really need to catch up with the 21st century. India is great for business, but it is in no position to dictate trade or business or foreign policy to USA.

India's official stand, my a**. It only helps you look foolish, that's it. It makes you look like a 18 year old, who despite gaining in size and age, has the mental capability of a 3 year old.

Russians seriously?? :lol:
They are struggling to foot their own development bill .And they are going to help Pakistan on the expense of Indo-Russian relation .I dont think so.

They made sure that RD-93s were delivered, despite Indian reservations.

Your markets? They are peanuts to what they can get elsewhere. Have you ever been to America? Have you ever Lived and worked in America? I suggest you do. Most of the Americans wouldn't care for the word Indian, other than some spicy curry at a restaurant. If they want, they can create the size of Indian future Market, within the current Chinese market/far east market.
If India tried to restrict American Dollar follow, it will only shoot itself. Kid, educate yourself on modern economics, the value of dollar in international markets and above all, how the US central bank, Federal Reserve, can shake markets on a whim. Federal reserve cuts/raises the interest rates for it's domestic market but the effects are felt anywhere from Japan to India.
That is why your so called superman economist Raghuram Rajan had to become vocal to let America know that what they do affects India as well. Most of the money that came into India post 2001 as what you proudly call FDI, was cheap, flooded money coming from Federal Reserve or European Central Banks. That cheap money, allowed the big companies to finance new projects in emerging markets. Companies get this money as loan from commercial banks, who in turn get it from the central banks at close to 0-1% interest rates. However, if they, the central banks of reserve currency (Bank of England, European Bank, Federal Reserve etc) feel that enough stimulus has been pumped, they will raise the interest rates, thereby making it difficult for industry to borrow money. With no cheap money, companies tend to stay away from small/immature markets. There is a reason why the world is closely watching China's central bank policy, because it will directly affect their economy and as such those related to it.
Here:

So yea, i didn't mean to hijack this thread, but you really need to catch up with the 21st century. India is great for business, but it is in no position to dictate trade or business or foreign policy to USA.

India's official stand, my a**. It only helps you look foolish, that's it. It makes you look like a 18 year old, who despite gaining in size and age, has the mental capability of a 3 year old.

They made sure that RD-93s were delivered, despite Indian reservations.
Instead of arguing here. It is better for you to wait and see.
India will try and stop the funding. Let us see whether we succeed or not.

..when china is not investing..what makes US to invest in DB dam...
They have better opportunity to INVEST... also..
They have better choices for CHARITY....:enjoy:
...pakistan is the country that bites the hand that feeds it...US would know it better..:usflag:

India will try and stop the funding. Let us see whether we succeed or not
india can try but unfortunately for u it wont we of any use

Future will tell.;);)
You guys are full of ego. Can't blame you, too much money can do that to anybody.

India will try and stop the funding. Let us see whether we succeed or not.

I am not arguing, but please don't post generalizations that you are not capable of defending. Like i said, 21st Century is unlike any other. Funding for dam on one side , you need to be realistic.
BTW, in my view this dam is a massive massive project, which will take 10 years to complete if started today. Plus there will be cost overruns. So i really hope Pakistan thinks this one through.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom