What's new

India UNSC membership. Withdraw Pakistani UN membership?

membership with out solve disputes should we widrow from UN?

• yes

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • no

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • don't know

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May be because India supported PRC getting UNSC. India was offered a seat in the UNSC but Mr. 'truth lover' and 'China friend' Nehru suggested PRC instead! :blah: But now US is the only power that not supporting India!!!

Mr. Shashi Tharoor, the United Nation's Under-Secretary General for Communications and Public Information in his book "Nehru - The Invention of India," writes that Jawaharlal Nehru "declined a United States offer" to India to "take the permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council" around 1953. Nehru declined the offer about the same time as he turned down "with scorn" John Foster Dulles' support for an Indian Monroe Doctrine. Nehru suggested that the United Nations Security Council seat held by Taiwan be offered to Beijing instead.

United Nations Security Council at AllExperts

"The first step to be taken is for China to take her rightful place, and then the question of India might be discussed separately," India's then prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru wrote in a letter to the country's top political leaders – explaining why he supported Beijing.

India's Security Council Bid a Long Haul - by Ranjit Devraj

Mainland China (PRC) succeeded to Taiwan (ROC)'s seat in UNSC, not India supported.

ROC caanot represent China because they lost the civil war and fleet to Taiwan.

Mainland China (PRC) succeeded to Taiwan (ROC)'s seat in UNSC, not India supported.

ROC caanot represent China because they lost the civil war and fleet to Taiwan.

I am not saying PRC got the seat due to India but India supported them. Before PRC it was offered to India!!! But 'Indians & Chinese are brothers' slogan maker Mr. Nehru declined the offer instead proposed PRC should get one!!! But later in 1971 Taiwan was thrown out and PRC was signed in. We are talking about mid 50s while PRC got a seat in 1971. There was no sign of PRC getting a seat back then.

Before PRC it was offered to India!!! But 'Indians & Chinese are brothers' slogan maker Mr. Nehru declined the offer instead proposed PRC should get one!!! But later in 1971 Taiwan was thrown out and PRC was signed in. We are talking about mid 50s while PRC got a seat in 1971. There was no sign of PRC getting a seat back then.

Brothers?

We don't forget India and British Raj done for so-called Tibet independence!!!

Both India and South Korea are full of ingratitude

We supported India against Britain and Korea against Japan in ROC period.

Consequently, many Indian support Tibetan independence and many South Korean claim Manchuria was their historical part.

I am not saying PRC got the seat due to India but India supported them. Before PRC it was offered to India!!! But 'Indians & Chinese are brothers' slogan maker Mr. Nehru declined the offer instead proposed PRC should get one!!! But later in 1971 Taiwan was thrown out and PRC was signed in. We are talking about mid 50s while PRC got a seat in 1971. There was no sign of PRC getting a seat back then.

PRC should enter UN in 1949, but evil USA stopped us.

In 70s Pakistan was a pivitol force incins getting unseat by bringing first secratory of state for initial discussions.

and that got the ball rolling for china's entry in U.N. I think.

Brothers?

We don't forget India and British Raj done for so-called Tibet independence!!!
Forgive him! He got a lesson in 1962!

Both India and South Korea are full of ingratitude
Indians, Koreans, Vietnamese, Japanese, Taiwanese and others say something same for you!! ;)

We supported India against Britain and Korea against Japan in ROC period.

Consequently, many Indian support Tibetan independence and many South Korean claim Manchuria was their historical part.

How did you supported India against British? Indian soldiers fought against Japan in Indo-china, Hongkong and others parts of East Asia.

Tibet is a different issue all together.

Forgive him! He got a lesson in 1962!

Indians, Koreans, Vietnamese, Japanese, Taiwanese and others say something same for you!! ;)

How did you supported India against British? Indian soldiers fought against Japan in Indo-china, Hongkong and others parts of East Asia.

Tibet is a different issue all together.

Indian slaves worked for Britain :)

Indian slaves worked for Britain :)

Came back to your own language? You have nothing logical to answer? I can use same language for you but I don't. Nanking?

If those 'slaves' didn't come to rescue than you must be using Japanese flag instead of Chinese!

Came back to your own language? You have nothing logical to answer? I can use same language for you but I don't. Nanking?

If those 'slaves' didn't come to rescue than you must be using Japanese flag instead of Chinese!

History has answer,

in the long run, Jap must be a underdog of China. :chilli:

That will be most unwise decision. Pakistan will not gain anything from it. Instead they should try to hold India.

Let me tell u what Pakistan has gained so far.

Fought in Afghanistan to rid Russia out and made Afghans hate us.

Continue to bear the brunt of bombing and deaths of thousands of Innocent citizens due mainly to our policy to toe the line set by others.

Wasted our resources on wars for three dacades and in return we are the most debted in Asia.

All the trade is directed towards India instead of Pakistan increasing sufferings in Pakistan many folds. as Water, power and schools were neglected to finance the war.

Money recieved was stolen by unscrupolous Leaders banking it in swiss banks turning comon man in Pakistan against west.

Genral disrespect for our sefferings due to many deaths caused by war directed by foriegners deviding pakistani society,

These are few of the facts hope u will see the facts and know the truth.

Last edited:
Let me tell u what Pakistan has gained so far.

Fought in Afghanistan to rid Russia out and made Afghans hate us.

Continue to bear the brunt of bombing and deaths of thousands of Innocent citizens due mainly to our policy to toe the line set by others.

Wasted our resources on wars for three dacades and in return we are the most debted in Asia.

All the trade is directed towards India instead of Pakistan increasing sufferings in Pakistan many folds. as Water, power and schools were neglected to finance the war.

Money recieved was stolen by unscrupolous Leaders banking it in swiss banks turning comon man in Pakistan against west.

Genral disrespect for our sefferings due to many deaths caused by war directed by foriegners deviding pakistani society,

These are few of the facts hope u will see the facts and know the truth.

You say this while living in Canada, a Western country?

:rofl: Pathetic lie. Not only is it a pathetic lie, it makes no logical sense. Try harder when fabricating your lies the next time, okie-dokie? :woot:

LOL - Simply because it was not mentioned in the state run Chinese media doesn't mean it can wiped off from history itself. You are the one lying - and that is kind of sad because all you had to do was merely google it. So stop lying and look at the Chinese use of veto - they blocked Bangladesh's admittance to the UN in 1972.

You say this while living in Canada, a Western country?

Canada is one of the best countries an Asian like myself live in that respects Human rights and stands for justice in U.N. check the record my friend and u will see.

U.N. has been tool for some and has been ignoring others. take the case of Kashmir and compare it with East Timour, I need not to say anything.

Take the case of poor Palistenians and I rest my case.

Take the case of chechnya, being killed litrally like animals, U.N. has yet to to take some action. no way i condone attacks in Moscoe subway, but those people have become desperate and they are acting in desperation, I hope that cool heads prevail and Democratic right are promoted for chechans. It is high time that U.N. plays an acitve role.

Even in the case of Bosnia, feet are being draged to a point where Justice might take a century.

By the way all the above are Muslim countries, Why All Muslims are being ignored. by U.N.

Canada has stood tall in most of these cases and I am proud to be here, its Leaders are an examplary people, just yesterday a Minister was fired and case handed to R.C.M.P. for investigations, What a wonderfull country. If taken the case of Canada's involment in Afghanistan, its people have spoken many times through media saying that they donot want their Army In Afghanistan, but leaders are bending on the pressure from abroad, Whereas if u look at the previous P.M.who refused to get involved in Iraq. what a couragous man.

I wish they did this in Pakistan, few years back media in Canada found a MP who had fake Degrees and guess what, he was fired from his Party and was disgraced, I wish this happen in Pakistan.

I love Palistani people, but Leaders. I wish that Allah help them see the real Islam and they start acting as good Muslims. Ameen.

:pakistan:

Last edited:
china is no where a problem one sees and they will fall in line as they fell when the nuke deal happened[/B], and pranab mukherjee has been quoted as saying, “(Chinese) President Hu Jintao reiterated the assurance given by Chinese Premier (Wen Jiabao) to Prime Minister (Manmohan Singh) in April last year that China understands and supports India's aspiration to play a bigger role in the UN, including in the Security Council” link.

The problem is the USA which wants an assurance coming from India that we will align to their way of strategizing, and be in their loop on all major issues and this is an assurance very difficult to come by though one might see a behind the door understanding but in a vibrant democracy where a regime change happens every five years that is very difficult to come about. How will this part be negotiated, very difficult to say but yes India will to an extent give in on its independent foreign policy.

And why would a China which has some major problems with India--problems of such a magnitude that senior most Indian officials have called China and Indian Naxalite (same difference) as the 'greatest' threat to Indian security--would want to give India the most powerful diplomatic tool in the world? No, a couple of scores of billions of dollars in trade with India is not enough for the Chinese to give India the UNSC seat. Similarly, the idea that US would arm India with the most powerful diplomatic tool with a vague promise of good cooperation by India in future international mesh-ups is pretty far fetched, in the same vein.
And the 'vibrant democracy' part really cracks me up!!! Who gives a crap in this world if you are democracy or a theology?! Sadly, the world powers are all about self-interests. This reflects a Bharat Rakshak like self-massaging by Indians.
Get real!
PS. We Pakistanis wish you the UNSC seat. Just solve the problem of Kashmir and water management with Pakistan and you are our natual allies.

And why would a China which has some major problems with India--problems of such a magnitude that senior most Indian officials have called China and Indian Naxalite (same difference) as the 'greatest' threat to Indian security--would want to give India the most powerful diplomatic tool in the world? No, a couple of scores of billions of dollars in trade with India is not enough for the Chinese to give India the UNSC seat. Similarly, the idea that US would arm India with the most powerful diplomatic tool with a vague promise of good cooperation by India in future international mesh-ups is pretty far fetched, in the same vein.
And the 'vibrant democracy' part really cracks me up!!! Who gives a crap in this world if you are democracy or a theology?! Sadly, the world powers are all about self-interests. This reflects a Bharat Rakshak like self-massaging by Indians.
Get real!
PS. We Pakistanis wish you the UNSC seat. Just solve the problem of Kashmir and water management with Pakistan and you are our natual allies.

Likewise, return Zangnan (South Tibet) and we're support you. Heck, we even offer a land-swap. IF YOU SUPPORT US FULLY, WE WILL SUPPORT YOU FULLY. :)

When this is all done and said, when borders reflect the NATURAL ETHNIC COMPOSITION (and religious in Kashmir), ASIA WILL SHINE. :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom