What's new

India to strengthen Andaman and Nicobar Command

For US navy there. I wonder which Indian port should US base its carrier battle group at?

US can expand on Diego Garcia. I doubt India will let any foreign nation house a naval base on it's territory.

A&N will have a large Indian naval presence.

But US could use Taiwan as a Naval base. I dont know why the US doesnt have a naval base there.

US can expand on Diego Garcia. I doubt India will let any foreign nation house a naval base on it's territory.

A&N will have a large Indian naval presence.

But US could use Taiwan as a Naval base. I dont know why the US doesnt have a naval base there.

There is a news of discussion about US basing drones on Port Blair.

American drone base in the making? Pentagon plans use of Port Blair as possible site in case of offensive against China : Asia, News - India Today

topic....
we should encourage Mayanmar to return Coco Island too...we gave them those islands,one hell of a mistake...

That was Bharat Ratna Nehru selling a part of India to become a world class 'Statesman'. :yahoo:

you didn't read the follow up of these news,do you??They chose Cocos Island....

Coalition backs US drone base on Cocos Islands - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

its far south of Indonesia,nowhere near A&N..

A&N is too important for anyone else but India to use.
US will have Diego Garcia, Singapore, maybe Taiwan in the future, Japan, Korea, etc.
Taiwan should allow a US naval base for sure.

Nope..USN will leave Diego Garcia..they'll retain Singapore,Cocos Island,Guam,Vietnam(Kam Ranh Bay),Philippines(Subic Bay may be in near future),Japan and SK..they almost successfully created a chain of bases around South and East China Sea..

see this map...

us-military-bases-pacific-ocean.png

now remove the Diego Garcia and place one blue dot in each of south of Indonesia,one in vietnam and another in Philippines...you'll get the picture...

something like this...add vietnam..

military-west-pacific.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, not until our submarine arm is strengthened. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are more like "finders-keepers". A sea-borne invasion of these islands by the adversary, if successful, will be catastrophic to India. Our surface-fleet can be effectively bottled up and prevented from engaging the enemy/reaching these islands if the adversary has a capable submarine force. The only way to counter this is to have a good submarine fleet ourselves.

It is not possible for any country except USA to mount seaborne invasion into Andaman & Nicobar islands. India has deployed around a division of ground force including para brigade at Andaman islands. Other assets include special forces, a naval group and air assets. India was preparing to deploy Su30 air crafts there, but I don't know the current status of this deployment!!!!

OK just for my knowledge what are the most likely benefits will we gain in exchange of providing USN a naval base

OK just for my knowledge what are the most likely benefits will we gain in exchange of providing USN a naval base

Why should we provide USN a Naval base??? and Why would they need one?? They already have a naval base in this region in Diego Garcia!!!!!!!

There could be a list of things, greater Indian diplomatic influence, intelligence sharing, more cooperation in defense related matters, weapons deals going more smoother and faster, S.China sea type problems would occur with lesser frequency, more geopolitical pressure on PLAN et cetra; but these are only the pros, cons come gratis too.:agree:

Back
Top Bottom