What's new

India to outpace China in 2011: WB

Interesting!
If i remember correctly,Its was early 2000s when China's rise was first mentioned.At that time met with spketicism and criticism.

10 years down the line,skeptics and critiques have their lips sealed.

I remember in early 2000s there was an incident involving a Chinese police officer trying to stop a North Korean defector getting in Japanese consulate in Shenyang. The policeman was trying to pull the defector out when he has his feet inside the Japanese consulate.

At that time one Japanese MP made the comment that China should count itself lucky with Japan's pacifist constitution, otherwise that incident will be a reason for war. Another MP reminded China that Chinese GDP haven't overtook Japan yet.

How much has changed in a mere decade.

Which part of my commend is wrong or "audacious"? Or which part of my statement is not based on the truth?

Your original post:

Chinas perform in 2000 is much better than India in 2010 in every economical sectors.

When you make such statements be sure to back them up with articles from credible sources or atleast make an effort to compile China's performance in every sector at that time vs India's performance today.

why are we arguing about who is better and comparing before to now. they're incomparable.

india has a long way to go before it can pull its legs out of armed insurgency, poverty and corruption. every country does (except tiny european ones). but it is somewhat on the right path.

Your original post:

When you make such statements be sure to back them up with articles from credible sources or atleast make an effort to compile China's performance in every sector at that time vs India's performance today.

This is a subject you can write a 300 pages book.I dont have the time.Since you claim I made a audacious statment,you only need to prove that I am wrong.Its better you point out which part that India in 2010 could surpass China in 2000,both the economy quality and quantity in agriculture,industry,science and technology.I find that even your military industry in 2010 can not even compare with ours in 2000,thats my another statement.

This is a subject you can write a 300 pages book.I dont have the time.Since you claim I made a audacious statment,you only need to prove that I am wrong.Its better you point out which part that India in 2010 could surpass China in 2000,both the economy quality and quantity in agriculture,industry,science and technology.

Damn! your such a Houdini.:D

Its a general thing here on PDF.
Weasel statements often come with some backing.

Honestly! i'm kinda lazy now,though even if i did find some sectors India doing better,like you said they"re incomparable because of inflation ,value of money back then etc.

Damn! your such a Houdini.:D

Its a general thing here on PDF.
Weasel statements often come with some backing.

Honestly! i'm kinda lazy now,though even if i did find some sectors India doing better,like you said they"re incomparable because of inflation ,value of money back then etc.

Show me.Inflation could be caculated.

Show me.Inflation could be caculated.

Hmmm........As a Chinese you can do your part:

Just get Chinese output in the following divisions in 2000

Agricultural output.
Aerospace manufacturing.
Automotive industry
Brewing industry
Textile industry
Consumer electronics
Energy industry
Steel production
Tobacco industry
Health care industry
Education
Banking
Insurance
Financial services
Legal services
Consulting
News media
Hospitality industry
Tourism
Retail sales
Franchising
Real estate
Sales
IT
Pharmaceutical Industry
entertainment industry
R&D
Defence industry

I know some of them overlap ,but try getting the requested info on as many you can

I"ve already got the performance on Chemical industry ,Global Chemical Shipments by Country Chinese shipments being valued $ 103.6 billion in 2000 and India as of 2010 being $98.2 billion.

I'll doing my part on finding regarding India's performance in those above mentioned in 2010.

That's the great thing about global trade. We can ALL benefit from it... it's not a zero-sum game. :tup:

As a side-note I'd like to point out that growing 8.5% at China's current economic size is still enormous growth.

In real terms (not in percentage terms), the amount of growth would still be increasing.

EDIT: I know the CCP is trying to "cool down" the Chinese economy to prevent overheating, but I don't think it will fall by that much. I think it's more accurate to say that the Indian rate of growth will surpass the Chinese one in 2013, not in 2011.

Hmm..I dont agree with your assessment. By keeping Yuan pegged at the USD at the current rate helps China export more and its in China's favor but not in favor of the importers.

India has a current account deficit..so surely it will help India grow well if Yuan appreciates.

As far as 8.5% growth is concerned, I agree at China's size the gross numbers are huge as is 3% growth for the US. Im not sure I understand how China managed the exports in 2010 as in 2009 it was struggling with the #'s...

Let me point out something...if you look at arithmetic..India needs to grow at 9-10% for next 5 years to catch up in size terms with China (ie become bigger than many others not China thoh)..and as it happened with China the dollar deluge started only in 2005..till the trade surplus was not a strategic advantage..like it is right now...for China....

Hope G-20 pressure works and the Yuan exchange rate is changed...
From India's standpoint unless Oil prices go out of control..we are fine and we need to keep oing what we are doing...

Im very interested in the economic part of the global debate right now..currency wars

why are we arguing about who is better and comparing before to now. they're incomparable.

india has a long way to go before it can pull its legs out of armed insurgency, poverty and corruption. every country does (except tiny european ones). but it is somewhat on the right path.

I agree China is far ahea of India right now and will remain so for the next 20 years unless something dramatic happens.

You are right about India's many challenges and task ahead is onerous. However, its my understanding that economic policy, trade and impact of them on economic activity transcends these barriers, otherwise India woulnt have reached where it is in 2010...you must remember on all counts India's record was worse in 2000 or 1990 or 1980..but we still managed to improve our lot and grow faster and faster.

This is true for other countries also..despite the WOT Pakistan itself grew well since 2001. So thats the reason one must assume that the right policies and incentives can make the impossible happen. Eg: in 1990 no one gave India any chance to have any software capabilities private or govt based..today India has both due to correct alignment of policy & resources.

Ofcourse, I agree its imperative to have peace on the borders and in the interiors otherwise it does drag the growth down...thats why India is apprehensive of Chinese intentions as it knows that the balance of power will be very different in 2020 compared to today...ie in both China's and Indias favor...

The only thing we can ensure is that, both China and India are on the right road now~~~~

I agree China is far ahea of India right now and will remain so for the next 20 years unless something dramatic happens.

You are right about India's many challenges and task ahead is onerous. However, its my understanding that economic policy, trade and impact of them on economic activity transcends these barriers, otherwise India woulnt have reached where it is in 2010...you must remember on all counts India's record was worse in 2000 or 1990 or 1980..but we still managed to improve our lot and grow faster and faster.

This is true for other countries also..despite the WOT Pakistan itself grew well since 2001. So thats the reason one must assume that the right policies and incentives can make the impossible happen. Eg: in 1990 no one gave India any chance to have any software capabilities private or govt based..today India has both due to correct alignment of policy & resources.

Ofcourse, I agree its imperative to have peace on the borders and in the interiors otherwise it does drag the growth down...thats why India is apprehensive of Chinese intentions as it knows that the balance of power will be very different in 2020 compared to today...ie in both China's and Indias favor...

Really we need to improve a lot. For this first we need Strong democratic leadership who has will to achieve these goals and corruption which is the biggest problem .The only thing we can do is improve ourselves .

Hmmm........As a Chinese you can do your part:

Just get Chinese output in the following divisions in 2000

Agricultural output.
Aerospace manufacturing.
Automotive industry
Brewing industry
Textile industry
Consumer electronics
Energy industry
Steel production
Tobacco industry
Health care industry
Education
Banking
Insurance
Financial services
Legal services
Consulting
News media
Hospitality industry
Tourism
Retail sales
Franchising
Real estate
Sales
IT
Pharmaceutical Industry
entertainment industry
R&D
Defence industry

I know some of them overlap ,but try getting the requested info on as many you can

I"ve already got the performance on Chemical industry ,Global Chemical Shipments by Country Chinese shipments being valued $ 103.6 billion in 2000 and India as of 2010 being $98.2 billion.

I'll doing my part on finding regarding India's performance in those above mentioned in 2010.

If you want know the info of China in 2000,
2001 Yearbook

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom