What's new

India to outpace China in 2011: WB

I can only say that there are negative and sincere, if not India's provocation, most will be sincere, even so, we will not mock the bottom of the Indian people, we have past history, however. Indian elite who should be mocked, no problem. Another was mocking are some advocates, advocating India's democracy, they should be mocked. In fact, India is planing solutions in China. However, it does not matter and India, only because some of our internal debate, some debate about the path of development.
didn't get you man...

I can only say that there are negative and sincere, if not India's provocation, most will be sincere, even so, we will not mock the bottom of the Indian people, we have past history, however. Indian elite should be mocked, no problem. Another was mocking are some advocates, advocating India's democracy, they should be mocked. In fact, India being dissected in China. However, it does not matter and India, only because some of our internal debate, some debate about the path of development.

The two countries are too much different in economy development,even the way to calculate the GDP growth is different,so no way to compare.
My personal view is that China's economy is more dangerouse than the Indians since we are on a way to higher level.So far the Chinese economy is facing severel problems:world economy crisis,inflation threat,the industrial uppdation,structural change and so on will eventurally slow down the economy grow in the next few years.
China"s economy needs a break to addjust and improve itself.The one who firstlly finished the self addjustion in this world crisis will be the one who will win the most in the future.

You got to be kidding me...China is a poor country with a GDP per capita less than Mexico or just about that. This is not the time for you guys to be sympathizing India. China is still a poor country. Just like Americans think that China means sweat labor (even though some of the latest solar fabs are in China and China has become the largest investor in renewable energy resources), you may think that India is just elephants and oil without realizing that India does have a robust private sector and entrepreneurial structure, and vibrant financial markets. They too are making progress. The American consumerism has declined permanently. It is time for Indian and Chinese consumers to pick up the slack, and get the global trade moving. It is pretty disingenuous for Chinese and Indians to be comparing with each other at this point. They need to multiply their national wealth by an orde of magnitude at the same time.

haha, ok, let me just ask you: how's that GDP per capita for mexico doing when they're being killed by drug dealers and have no technology and can't buy anything because their prices are American while their wages are Mexican? GDP/capita means jack s* for most people, what really matters is what you can buy with it.

@ Peaceful you are comparing today's China with India that is , acceptably, about 10-12 years behind you.

Don't forget, we started the reform process more than a decade after you did.

I suggest you compare today's India with China of a decade back, say 2000.

Moreover, Indians are happy with their democracy and Chinese are , apparently, happy with their one-party system. So what's the problem?

Chinas perform in 2000 is much better than India in 2010 in every economical sectors.

Chinas perform in 2000 is much better than India in 2010 in every economical sectors.

Seriously, many Indian will use this dumb reason on every debate! Later, they will say they are good English speaker!

All i remember was China was a trillion $ economy back then.

You need to know there is something called inflation.Do you think 1dollars value in 2000 is as same as in 2010? And its complicated to compare two different nations since they are on different levels and the development is driven by different factors.
I could only roughly give you a comparison.In 2000,China ranked the NO.6 in world economy with 1 trillion USD GDP,WHILE in 2010,Indias 1.2 trillion could only rank as NO.11.I wont even bother to compare the quality of the growth,industial output,world trade share etc.

Seriously, many Indian will use this dumb reason on every debate! Later, they will say they are good English speaker!

English speaking ,democratic system and whatever secret Swissland bank reserve affect little in economical process.The most important parts are still:education,industilization,investment and science and technology.

And its complicated to compare two different nations since they are on different levels and the development is driven by different factors.

I"ll agree with the bolded part.

I could only roughly give you a comparison.I wont even bother to compare the quality of the growth,industial output,world trade share etc.

If you can't and don't bother ,then don't make such an audacious statement in the first place.

Last edited:
8.6%!!! I thought it would be more than 10%, as it is 9.6% in this year.

Comparison of the standard of Chinese literacy rate what is the difference with India, and then look at the inflation rate, then you know what the quality difference.

China's economy really took off in the accession to the World Trade Organization, in fact it was 2000.

Interesting!
If i remember correctly,Its was early 2000s when China's rise was first mentioned.At that time met with spketicism and criticism.

10 years down the line,skeptics and critiques have their lips sealed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom