What's new

India to outpace China in 2011: WB

India to outpace China in 2011

picard-facepalm.jpg

Why does every Nostradamus on India get attention?:rolleyes:

the 8% growth is by no means an indicator of economy well being but the gamblers in world bank like to propogate growth numbers like the holy grail to promote wall street like speculation and boosting their own profiteering on intrest rates.

2011 is just around the corner but indian media never get sick of their super power dreams...no matter what the growth rate remains of India, it is still an economy quarter size of China.

Well, the fact is China's GDP growth slowed because the government fears overheating and moved to rein in the credit flow. I don't see why it's worth celebrating if India moves to the overheating territory just as China retreats from it.

Another thing is U.S is going to continue the policy of quantitative easing and flood the world with more U.S dollars. A lot of those money will swarm to emerging markets as the economy there are generally better than the West. China has much better capital inflow control than other countries as the RMB is not freely convertible. So this huge amount of hot money will flow to other emerging market like India, which will induce more overheating.

When I was growing up in China, the first economic terms I've learned from newspapers are 'overheating' and 'soft landing'. I don't know if people in India are similarly worried, I sure hope they're,

Inflation in China will be unbearable if the China government do not cool down the economy. The speculatibe property bubble will only benefit the rich, and fuel prices of other commodity.

The benefits of economic growth should benefit the poor in order to increase the share of domestic consumption in the GDP with-out causing high prices in food.

India Finance Minister: Facing Pressure From Inflation, External Uncertainties

NEW DELHI -(Dow Jones)- India is facing pressure from inflation and external uncertainties but is still poised to achieve an 8.5% economic growth this fiscal year through March, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said Friday.

"With the strong domestic demand, a stable financial system and growing investor confidence, we expect to remain on a high growth path," Mukherjee said at a meeting of the Group of 20 industrial and developing nations.

He said also that there is a danger of getting the monetary and fiscal policy mix wrong during the stimulus exit process given the high sovereign debt in some economies, unemployment in advanced countries, volatility of capital flows, inflationary pressures in emerging markets and widening global imbalances.

-By Abhrajit Gangopadhyay, Dow Jones Newswires; 91-11-43563301

link:

India Finance Minister: Facing Pressure From Inflation, External Uncertainties

Reading many of your posts,i doubt that you are an Indian.

You have doubts because you are new on this forum. Anyways if in doubts, contact mods and they can surely help you out.

On Topic:
Lets not take such reports to our heart. At this time, our focus should be only on growing ourselves only and not on being compared with another country. Rather than being a competitor, I must say China should be a role model for India and we should learn all the good things they have to improve ourselves.
I believe such comparision reports are published in western world now and then to ensure there remains distrust and competition between two Asian giants.

You have doubts because you are new on this forum. Anyways if in doubts, contact mods and they can surely help you out.

On Topic:
Lets not take such reports to our heart. At this time, our focus should be only on growing ourselves only and not on being compared with another country. Rather than being a competitor, I must say China should be a role model for India and we should learn all the good things they have to improve ourselves.
I believe such comparision reports are published in western world now and then to ensure there remains distrust and competition between two Asian giants.

Most Indians look at China with great admiration of its achievements and with inspiration. I can tell you that for sure.

Exactly, the Western world wants to cause problems between China and India.

Because it's THEIR hegemony that will fall when the Asian century arrives. :cheers:

Most Indians look at China with great admiration of its achievements and with inspiration. I can tell you that for sure.

Most Chinese look at India with great sympathy. Without the heavy baggage of your fake democracy, your nation could be far better off.

Please don't take me for wrong, democracy is great, but the problem is you guys are being set back by a fake democracy in your country.

Most Chinese look at India with great sympathy. Without the heavy baggage of your fake democracy, your nation could be far better off.

Please don't take me for wrong, democracy is great, but the problem is you guys are being set back by a fake democracy in your country.

Elucidate the bolded part.

If you don't want to be taken wrong

India should improve itself in manufacturing sector , and improve lot of infrastructure. Aim should be to make good quality cheap products. We are doing good in service sector and IT . We really need a big revolution in manufacturing sector so that our product can out pace International market . We will grow double what we are growing today.

Elucidate the bolded part.

If you don't want to be taken wrong

let me tell you a story known to many Chinese:

in China, when you talk about corruption, it means officials take 10% project budget home and get the job done. 30 years after 1978, the infrastructure in China is just amazing.

in India, when you talk about corruption, it means democratically elected officials take 90% budget home and left the projects to be dead (e.g. commonwealth game and the 2008 Olympic game in Beijing, compare it yourself). 60+ years since independence, 60+ years being a democratic country, indians still couldn't get any real city comparable to the ones we have in our poor provinces in China.

btw: Mumbai is like Shanghai in 1950s. 60s gap is also widening.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom