What's new

India to grow faster than China by 2016: Goldman Sachs

I admire your optimism, at least. :lol:

But India has tried before, to sustain average double-digit growth over a long period of time.

They did it for 2-3 years (global boom years up to 2007), then fell to the current 4-5%. That seems to be the natural growth rate of India, which makes sense considering the innumerable bottlenecks in the Indian system.

You know the reason. You have been around on PDF. Don'u ? You also know that the reason is no longer applicable. You know that too. You have been around on PDF..

That is just a load of rubbish. Although it is clear why the Americans are so desperate in projecting India as the next big thing. Well, everyone knows the truth. India has made some gains, but that's just it. Frankly, India has a long way to go before it can really claim to be in the China league. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

That is just a load of rubbish. Although it is clear why the Americans are so desperate in projecting India as the next big thing. Well, everyone knows the truth. India has made some gains, but that's just it. Frankly, India has a long way to go before it can really claim to be in the China league. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
What is this china league man??? Some super league out of this universe...
We have the potential.. It is estimated that next decade Indian growth rate will increase and chinese will decline.. You can't accept it because of your obsession.. That's all..

india’s economic growth is likely to overtake China from 2016 onwards, says the Goldman Sachs’ chief India economist Tushar Poddar. The investment bank forecasts India’s GDP (gross domestic produce) to grow by 6.8 percent in calendar year 2016 (compared to 6.7 percent for China), and touch 7.0 percent in 2017 (China 6.5 percent), the latest data released by the global investment bank showed.

Besides Goldman Sachs, several other investment banks such as Citigroup and Morgan Stanley have also forecast a bullish trend for India’s markets and economy in the coming months.

Goldman Sachs India says recovery for the country would be led by a range of factors including easing of liquidity and rising foreign direct investments. A fall in fiscal and current account deficits and a kick-start to structural reforms from the Narendra Modi-led government will further boost the growth.

China’s breakneck pace of growth in recent years has started to sputter due to a cooling in domestic demand and investment, besides rising costs which have all impacted manufacturing activity.

“We expect a pick-up in [India] growth led by investment demand,” Poddar said. The bank forecasts India to grow by 6.3 percent in calendar year 2015. India grew by just 4.7 percent in the twelve months to March 2014.

The economist said there was a higher likelihood of structural reforms starting in the energy, infrastructure, technology and manufacturing sectors next year, while reforms to sectors like labour and agriculture could take longer, possibly over 2-3 years. Poddar also said the balance sheets of Indian companies and banks, which showed stressed assets, were likely to improve in coming years as macro-economic conditions improve.

Poddar, like several other economists, expects India’s central bank to start cutting interest rates in the first half of 2015. He is betting for a 50 basis points cut in rates through two policy meetings. The rupee is likely to remain flat at around 63 to the dollar, he said.

Goldman Sachs India expects a strong pick up in FDI in coming years, from $27 billion in fiscal 2014 to $36 billion in fiscal 2015. Most of this investment would come from countries like China and Japan, Poddar said.

Forbes India Magazine - India to grow faster than China by 2016: Goldman Sachs
--
india can grow fast .. yes... we have everhtg for that..
we need to get our act together ..
question is not waht % we grow .. question is HOW we grow.. sustainble or not..
if we give polluited water air land .. even if we double PPP or gdp what the use.. same will go for health expediture

I admire your optimism, at least. :lol:

But India has tried before, to sustain average double-digit growth over a long period of time.

They did it for 2-3 years (global boom years up to 2007), then fell to the current 4-5%. That seems to be the natural growth rate of India, which makes sense considering the innumerable bottlenecks in the Indian system.

I have reasons to be optimistic about India and pessimistic about China, you may deny the reasons but can't escape their consequences.

Btw, if china wants to be friendly with India, then this is the best time, because the tables will be turned in coming years. :)

I have reasons to be optimistic about India and pessimistic about China, you may deny the reasons but can't escape their consequences.

Btw, if china wants to be friendly with India, then this is the best time, because the tables will be turned in coming years. :)

Yeah all the Indians were saying that to me when I joined the forum back in 2010.

Every year after that, their growth rate gets lower. To the current 4-5%. :P

Yeah all the Indians were saying that to me when I joined the forum back in 2010.

I said there was a roadblock, and now we have voted out that roadblock. If china can go from 1.9 to 10+ in 10 years with only 3 years of double digit growths, so can we. In fact we will do better as our rupee is 50% down from its normal levels, and recent crude oil price cut, a massive one, will help us further. For China, it is running on empty and won't run for long. :)

What is this china league man??? Some super league out of this universe...
We have the potential.. It is estimated that next decade Indian growth rate will increase and chinese will decline.. You can't accept it because of your obsession.. That's all..

LMAO The Chinese league is better than the Indian league. That's all you need to know.

Keep your potential in the inside of your pocket. The day your economy outgrows the Chinese economy we'll believe you. Right now you're just uttering meaningless words.

LMAO The Chinese league is better than the Indian league. That's all you need to know.

Keep your potential in the inside of your pocket. The day your economy outgrows the Chinese economy we'll believe you. Right now you're just uttering meaningless words.

@Oscar Please see his user name.

Another prediction about India overtake China. The top 3 are

3 India will send a man to space
2 India will overtake China by...
1 India will be a superpower by...

I strong urge Indians to not believe all these predictions..

So you urge Indians not to believe Goldman Sachs but you.

I will believe you but first at least get an interview call from Goldman Sachs :lol:

very true. half of the "americans" "canadians" etc here are chinese scum. why are they so ashamed of their country?

Luca1 however i believe, is a pakistani

Most of these are Chinese studying in US universities.

So you urge Indians not to believe Goldman Sachs but you.

I will believe you but first at least get an interview call from Goldman Sachs :lol:

If GS is so good it wouldnt have mired itself in this pool of sh*t

Goldman Sachs Did Not Just Survive, It Was Rescued | Beat the Press

The undisputed Indian troll Exterminator! :cheesy::tup:

Now my question is why should I believe you and not Goldman Sachs.

Indians terribly need a break every now and then from their frustrations
GS and their cohorts provide the steroid
I guess a majority of you have taken it. ;)

Indians terribly need a break every now and then from their frustrations
GS and their cohorts provide the steroid
I guess a majority of you have taken it. ;)

You seem not to get it. Nobody in the world is going to believe some anonymous internet poster over GS.

As far as GS reputation is concerned ask Harvard and Stanford grads on why they line up before GS to join.

You seem not to get it. Nobody in the world is going to believe some anonymous internet poster over GS.

As far as GS reputation is concerned ask Harvard and Stanford grads on why they line up before GS to join.

The pay is good.
There are also fools like the Indian community who are deeply believing them. Their psche is partly exasperated by their frustrations that have never dissipated over a stretch of like 7 decades now since independence

Poor Indians :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom