What's new

Why India may be far from replacing China as the global growth engine; gap expected to widen to $17.5 trillion by 2028

India has a lot of catching up to do with China. And when they do, China simply gets further ahead. India is now where China was probably is 1995 - 2000.
This is a B/S comparison from the get-go anyway, at least for the next 20 or 30 years.

Also Indian economy are more diverse (healthier?) than China. Chinese economy are too lopsided on manufacturing for export. While Indian economy have agriculture, pharmaceutical, service, tech & others that made up their economy.

China is not the equal to the US. It's the equal to india. & India is catching up fast.
Fact is, beside manufacturing, China is far ahead of India in all fields you mentioned. Take IT for example, which is the thing Indians are proud of. China's IT industry is much stronger than India. China has Tiktok, Tencent, miHoYo and a lot of world famous brands. India has none.

Manufacturing is a lower rung of development than services, Chinese can be proud of being a great manufacturing nation now, but all that does is serving western consumers with low prices.

It's a win for all, Chinese get jobs and money their consumers get cheaper products.

Everyone of consumers wants a giant factory serving cheaper affordable products.

Blue collar work is a respectable profession.
China also exports expensive goods with Chinese brands. LNG ship, luxury car, high speed train, battery for EV, drone, nuclear power plant.....

Last edited:
Indians changed the method to inflat their GDP. 5th largest economy is not even in Top 10 exports or fortune 500. India's hunger index is worse than North Korea and Syria.

F8SNyyWa4AAull_.jpg

top10exportecountries.jpg

indiagpd.jpg

maxresdefaulta.jpg

F2TKjOObUAAwvWB.jpg

Last edited:
You literally just proven me right by showing how Chinese Economy is sick.

Learn basic economic first before you post.
LOL, If being sick as the world biggest trading and surplus country, what about being the world second biggest trade deficit country? healthy?

LOL, If being sick as the world biggest trading and surplus country, what about being the world second biggest trade deficit country? healthy?
Yes that mean indian citizens in general consumes more. Pro tip: A healthy economy is the one that consumes more.

Export =/= Good. That's a trap the Japanese learn the hard way. Especially when most of your exports are low lever manufactured goods. That just mean they can just switch to the next country where they can pay even less.

Also people in glass houses shouldn't throw rock.

Not to mention in an investment death spiral. Gotta hand it to Xinnie. I don't even think it's possible to screw up this bad,

Fact is, beside manufacturing, China is far ahead of India in all fields you mentioned. Take IT for example, which is the thing Indians are proud of. China's IT industry is much stronger than India. China has Tiktok, Tencent, miHoYo and a lot of world famous brands. India has none.

China also exports expensive goods with Chinese brands. LNG ship, luxury car, high speed train, battery for EV, drone, nuclear power plant.....
I do like how all those "brands" you mentioned are not going to be around for long. The moment some indian guy invent a more annoying streaming service, slightly less predatory company & a gacha games with a better rate to get a five star. Those 3 will be gone. Of all those 3 only Mihoyo will survive because it's the only brand China have with a dedicated fanbase (cult) & it's actually based in Singapore to avoid a lot of chinese legal drama.

Then again those are Chinese "brand" in a nutshell I guess.

But no, on average I don't think China have an edge on India in IT because of "Brand." My spec isn't in IT ask an indian guy for that they probs know better.

Most importantly, India is not a sustainable country with a growing population.

Quality of life is also bad and pollution is a problem. Not comparable. Singapore with it's smaller GDP is a paradise by comparison.

Yes that mean indian citizens in general consumes more. Pro tip: A healthy economy is the one that consumes more.

Export =/= Good. That's a trap the Japanese learn the hard way. Especially when most of your exports are low lever manufactured goods. That just mean they can just switch to the next country where they can pay even less.
Lol, good luck if you just buying without selling, just consuming without producing. and Japan even today is still better than you, aren't they? where are you from? what about your own country's economy?

I do like how all those "brands" you mentioned are not going to be around for long. The moment some indian guy invent a more annoying streaming service, slightly less predatory company & a gacha games with a better rate to get a five star. Those 3 will be gone. Of all those 3 only Mihoyo will survive because it's the only brand China have with a dedicated fanbase (cult) & it's actually based in Singapore to avoid a lot of chinese legal drama.

Then again those are Chinese "brand" in a nutshell I guess.

But no, on average I don't think China have an edge on India in IT because of "Brand." My spec isn't in IT ask an indian guy for that they probs know better.
You are living in illusion I have to say. Just like Apple phone assembly factories in Inida, India IT is just outsourcing business. It doesn't have the capability or potential to create good IT products by itself. On the other hand, Chinese IT industry has an intact ecosystem. Tiktok and Mihoyo were not born from air. China's IT industry is sustainable and innovative. US can not stop China IT products spreading to other countries. Just like US can not stop Huawei.

Data base locating Singapore is not a problem. As long as R&D centers are in China. Most profit will come back to China. Pretty similar to Apple model.

Indians changed the method to inflat their GDP. 5th largest economy is not even in Top 10 exports or fortune 500. India's hunger index is worse than North Korea and Syria.

View attachment 961503
View attachment 961506
View attachment 961507
View attachment 961508
View attachment 961509
By keeping millions of ppl hungry india shooting it self on the foot

Only way country as big as india can sustain growth if it takes holistic approach to tackle hunger, poverty and education that serves the whole population

Lol, good luck if you just buying without selling, just consuming without producing. and Japan even today is still better than you, aren't they? where are you from? what about your own country's economy?

Japan is better than you. They managed to get rich before their bubble get popped. While China failed to do so.

India is still growing. China is a spent power just waiting to die.

That's the entire point. China is fucked!

You are living in illusion I have to say. Just like Apple phone assembly factories in Inida, India IT is just outsourcing business. It doesn't have the capability or potential to create good IT products by itself. On the other hand, Chinese IT industry has an intact ecosystem. Tiktok and Mihoyo were not born from air. China's IT industry is sustainable and innovative. US can not stop China IT products spreading to other countries. Just like US can not stop Huawei.

Data base locating Singapore is not a problem. As long as R&D centers are in China. Most profit will come back to China. Pretty similar to Apple model.

You are confusing "brands" With Brands.

Huawei & all the other Chinese companies appeal is because it's cheap. China strength is also it's weakness the moment China labor costs increase. China have to face competition from other countries with lower labor cost not just india.

The moment someone created a cheaper phone than Huawei. Other countries will drop it in an instant. That's just fact by the way Chinese brands does not have the same following as western brands.

Last edited:
You are confusing "brands" With Brands.

Huawei & all the other Chinese companies appeal is because it's cheap. China strength is also it's weakness the moment China labor costs increase. China have to face competition from other countries with lower labor cost not just india.

The moment someone created a cheaper phone than Huawei. Other countries will drop it in an instant. That's just fact by the way Chinese brands does not have the same following as western brands.
I‘m glad you said that. Because from this reply other PDF members can figure out how ignorant those anti-China members are. Huawei phones were not cheap at all in oversea market before US ban. Chinese EV cars are very expensive in Europe market.

Back
Top Bottom