What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

60 fighter = 45000crore
1 fighter = 750 crore
=122 million $

Sounds good

3 4 squadrons of super hornets will be too good

Deal will also include training, spares, support equipment, various gurantees. So aint be as costly as it looks.

Boeing and TATA Advanced Systems Limited team up to make Silent Hornet.:bunny:

Q0117405130221121941.jpg

:victory::bounce::flame:

Looks good, really really really good. :yahoo:

The news have dubious source it's looking same as TOI blunder of month back :D:D:D:D:Dall the guys here are seriously trolled by this nithin gokhle :D:D:D

This deal was supposed to be steroids for Indian aviation, now it's about to be a regular procurement. What a waste of tiiimmmmeeee.

MIG 35 and the Griphen were like the lowest on the desired totem pole.

The Mig-35 was an early prototype, even if it were mature, it did not have much of a chance because India wanted to branch out and diversify their aircraft fleet. And i wasn't talking about the Mig-35. Go back and see which aircraft i mentioned last. Hint, it has DSI :azn:

Cost per aircraft would definitely go up.
Anyway 60 Rafale is a potent force. This probably means additional order for SU30MKIS to make up the numbers.

The news have dubious source it's looking same as TOI blunder of month back :D:D:D:D:Dall the guys here are seriously trolled by this nithin gokhle :D:D:D

he he he
I told Supersubrayan aka India4ver that sabki kissine firki leli.. :D :D :lol:

The Mig-35 was an early prototype, even if it were mature, it did not have much of a chance because India wanted to branch out and diversify their aircraft fleet. And i wasn't talking about the Mig-35. Go back and see which aircraft i mentioned last. Hint, it has DSI :azn:

JF17's DSI is too complex to produce in India(due to it being alien tech @Superboy), your point is void. 8-)

if NDA gov. sign this contract it will be the biggest blunder in the history of IAF. all these years of waiting for ToT is now gone with wind. modi's "make in india" is now is "make in france." the current gov. now saying pitty excuses by blaming previous gov. if this gov want then they can negotiate with euro fighter, they are ready to offer ToT. why this french dilemma?? if france is unwilling to provide the ToT then go for EF. but the decision of 60 rafeal with out ToT is a blunder.

Cost per aircraft would definitely go up.
Anyway 60 Rafale is a potent force. This probably means additional order for SU30MKIS to make up the numbers.
No because all the Aircraft's will manufactured in France which already has an assembly line.

Although this news is just a another brainfart from the media.

It will be cheaper as there is no TOT or facility set up.

With the same profits going to France as if the real big deal went through. This deal will further stimulate the French economy, Labor is expansive there, add to it the weapons, the training and the spare parts, all of which has to be paid for by India. Maintenance will be a headache and strings are going to be attached, it might also be subject to sanctions in the future or refusal to sell weapons and spare parts for any convenient reasons to France, NATO or the US.
On the other hand the Rafales are some of the best fighter planes out there, and if India can handle all these possibilities then it should go for them.

Last edited:
We could probably save a lot of money this way
however we can say goodbye to a 42 sqd airforce

Even I have tried to confirm this from my grapewine in MHA
and All they are saying is that NDA does not want to spend more than Rs 42000 crores which have already been budgeted, for the Rafale.

This money only buys 60-63 Rafales without TOT
Buying 126 Rafales with TOT will cost Rs 100000 crores , something which modi doesn't want

This actually is the most logical and practical solution.

Price is a major concern for GoI and this can ensure we get the aircrafts cheaper than the initial offer price.

IAF will be unshackled from HAL, IAF don't have to carry HAL and HAL don't have to pretend its carrying IAF.

India can now Focus on the AMCA. You do not need to buy aircrafts for ToT :cheesy: ....... you can just pay money and get the necessary ToT where India is lagging.

Its not a Win-Win solution, its a lose-lose solution. That was the only way out.

HAL will now have to fight for survival and it will either have to perform or perish.

IAF will get the aircrafts MUCH faster and of good build quality that will help them reach the numbers quickly.

HAL and IAF can now also focus on PAK FA, this deal will make the Russians happy too.

This deal would not have been "Make in India". LCA and AMCA is the REAL MAKE IN INDIA. These programs will get a BIG boost. IAF will be more inclined to support these projects now.

Each of these points stand on its own merit, so I am certain this news is probably true.

Back
Top Bottom