What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

..only 36 announced..no news for others...U can expect teh unexpected from Modi..
By signing for 36 Modi has confirmed the IAF is going for the Rafale and in large numbers but he has, thankfully, bought the IAF some breathing space as the contract for the larger and more complicated Rafale deal is worked out.

It is now simply out of the question of yet ANOTHER fighter type (Su-35) now entering the IAF although I suspect there will still be many coming up with all sorts of exotic alternatives to the Rafale just for the sake of it.....

upload_2015-4-10_23-6-11.png

The planes to be made in India will come later ;at least 100 to be made in India
this 36 plane INTIAL order is to solve the problem caused by delays

Okay...ummm.....but what about all those who were saying Dassault cannot go away from the RFP terms which clearly (apparently) stated that only first 18 to be made by Dassault and rest in India? That's akin to changing the contract.....like moving a goal post.

Looks like numbers of Rafale that India is buying keeps dropipng by half with every new news ! From 126 to 62 and now 36. Next number in this sequence is 18 then 9!!

its 36 (now)+ 126(mmrca) +XX(future)
Umm, wait, unless i got that wrong, Isn't India changing the RFP rules itself now.....they wanted 18 in flyaway condition (original tender, regardless of which aircraft was selected) and rest by HAL....seems like even Modi has realized that they were demanding too much.....or expecting too much.

I am pretty confident about this sir it looks like this 36 could be entirely separate from the 126 MMRCA and are meant to meet the IAF's immediate requirements to buy them some breathing room whilst the issues on the remaining 126 are sorted out.
IMO this 36 rafale is not part of MMRCA deal..Modi may be thinking of Russian jets for that..but 2 squadrons of Rafale are sufficient. India is getting these jets on fly-away condition-an excellent idea keeping in mind TOT will put presssure on HAL and delays are expected.

By signing for 36 Modi has confirmed the IAF is going for the Rafale and in large numbers but he has, thankfully, bought the IAF some breathing space as the contract for the larger and more complicated Rafale deal is worked out.

It is now simply out of the question of yet ANOTHER fighter type (Su-35) now entering the IAF although I suspect there will still be many coming up with all sorts of exotic alternatives to the Rafale just for the sake of it.....
...won't this be a bad bargaining practice to buy somethingh with expection of the seller will give discount on the remaining part of deal, when the buyer is at mercy...and has put itself in single vendor case...??

This will go the way of SU-30MKI. Ordered in batches.

I get a feeling that it is token order........Now that it is decided that we are going to buy Rafale....But i really fail to understand why we cant go ahead with the original order.........or if i could ask What is holding Goi signing the whole deal..... The good news is it is off the shelf......wonder how the rest 90 going to be delivered (if we are buying it)

Okay...ummm.....but what about all those who were saying Dassault cannot go away from the RFP terms which clearly (apparently) stated that only first 18 to be made by Dassault and rest in India? That's akin to changing the contract.....like moving a goal post.
Both contracts are different,,

MMRCA is still under negotiation, as usual. Reuters Reported.

Let's wait for more details to come out sir (hey if I get called this so are you ;) ) had the order been for 63 then I would have been more pessimistic given no further information has flown vis a vis follow on orders but at only 36 units order there is simply no way this is the end of the story and did you notice Modi mentioned "Make in India" when talking about the Rafale deal?

There are more coming.....

are we not losing bargaining tactic ...by agreeing to 36 jets before closing the deal ?

I think we have tied ourselves in knots by agreeing to this before closing the deal ....

this will only embolden Dassault to hard bargain later ....

Time to dump HAL and give the assembly contract to the private sector.

ToT is nothing more than getting the technical specs. If a manufacturing base does not exist, it amounts to nothing.

Looks like numbers of Rafale that India is buying keeps dropipng by half with every new news ! From 126 to 62 and now 36. Next number in this sequence is 18 then 9!!
FYI...it is 36 extra Rafale....plus 126 Rafale....India is not fool to buy 36 only...that make no sense...

Modi is smart guy ....he is asking for 36 on urgent basis...

Back
Top Bottom