What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

Not necessarily true.

Why would India agree to let Dassault build 36 instead of 18 ? is it rewarding Dassault for screwing us ?

If the price and terms of building more is not decided, again why reward Dassault with 36 aircrafts ?

It does not make sense.

IT will make more sense if IAF is being mollified with 2 squadrons and the rest will be filled up by MKI and LCA.

You are getting this all wrong, this deal is part of "Optional package", back end of this contract. They are still negotiating 126 Rafale contract, The bigger contract or "Mother of all defence deals".:cheers:

36 unique jets would not make operational sense because they would noy justift the cost that would be sunk in establishing their maintenance, training, and spare stockpile.

IAF already suffers from curse of plenty. It is probably only major airforce fielding 3 or more frontline fighters. Had it been an Airline, it would have gone bankrupt long ago.

Addition of 36 Rafaels would be more of a burden than respite. That's why I think that MMRCA is still on though now India would have a greater breathing space to haggle with French on technology transfer and Price.

On the contrary it removes our breathing space to haggle.

Dasasult now has us on the hook. They just have to reel us in slowly. That is why it is a strange way to negotiate.

then why is OP saying MRCA deal off?
That certainly is not true, infact MMRCA is alive and kicking. These 36 planes must be looked separate from ongoing negotiations. One clipping (on NDTV) showed that France has offered Attractive offer for off the shelf deal and importantly these planes are being purchased on Govt. to Govt basis, so prices are going to be different (significantly lower i assume).

At least now India is getting some MMRCA finalist jets although few in numbers.

Congrats to India.

36 doesn't make sense . they can only be Two possibilities now , India gets 36 and orders few more after few years and buys additional Su30 . Second possibility could be 36 + MMRCA contract which might be executed after few years .

Indians .So it seems we got another Su30MKI deal.36 is just a temporary adjustment.
I can say without any doubt.Only proof you should check s that Rafale deal with Egypt.5 billion $ deal for just 24 planes.

Here our French friends agreed 36 for 4 billion$.Means further negotiation of MMRCA is possible.

upload_2015-4-10_22-59-21.png

Lolz Bang On !!! As I suspected :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::cheers::triniti:

i guess the same..... it will give govt/DoD more time to negotiate..... as this deal is already 4years late and govt is under pressure... this buying is to release the pressure...
For sure !!! Now no need hurry as if we want we can go for another batch if Russians failed to get serious about fgfa/pasta

I guess french must have conveyed that's it's impossible to deliver 60+ in short period of time (2017) . They have already committed to Egypt as well . They must be working to increase their production rate to have next batch of 32 very soon.

Back
Top Bottom