What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

You are getting this all wrong, this deal is part of "Optional package", back end of this contract. They are still negotiating 126 Rafale contract, The bigger contract or "Mother of all defence deals".:cheers:

Lets see how it all pans out. I hope the price is know soon. That is always the key and will tell us how the deal is going down.

Indians .So it seems we got another Su30MKI deal.36 is just a temporary adjustment.
I can say without any doubt.Only proof you should check s that Rafale deal with Egypt.5 billion $ deal for just 24 planes.

Here our French friends agreed 36 for 4 billion$.Means further negotiation of MMRCA is possible.

That figure for Egypt includes a navalvessel and MICA missile package.

Wonder what's going on through our erstwhile DM saint Antony's mind right now :unsure:

Indians .So it seems we got another Su30MKI deal.36 is just a temporary adjustment.
I can say without any doubt.Only proof you should check s that Rafale deal with Egypt.5 billion $ deal for just 24 planes.

Here our French friends agreed 36 for 4 billion$.Means further negotiation of MMRCA is possible.

Egypt deal included missiles, spare, training, support etc..

At least now India is getting some MMRCA finalist jets although few in numbers.

Congrats to India.

keep-calm-cause-you-ain-t-seen-nothing-yet-4.png

36 is just the start.....

Umm, wait, unless i got that wrong, Isn't India changing the RFP rules itself now.....they wanted 18 in flyaway condition (original tender, regardless of which aircraft was selected) and rest by HAL....seems like even Modi has realized that they were demanding too much.....or expecting too much.

The planes to be made in India will come later ;at least 100 to be made in India
this 36 plane INTIAL order is to solve the problem caused by delays

lol no, any hope the Russians had of the Su-35 getting the nod were dashed about half an hour ago, Rafale all the way now.....
..only 36 announced..no news for others...U can expect teh unexpected from Modi..

For those who wants to watch Modi's announcement. watch from 14mins

Egypt's deal was VERY dubious and shady- a soft loans used, FrAF inventory, Frigates sold as part of the deal etc etc it is just impossible to compare that deal with any other especially not the IAF's (perhaps that was the intention?).

how will you get TOT if all planes are made in France?

I wonder if Bhakt think it is a good deal @Rain Man @SarthakGanguly ? No Make in India, no TOT, overall costs higher than before

Now start whitewashing this too...

This is a stop gap purchase which would fill shortfall in squadron strength that would occur due to retirement of Mig-27 in 2016-17.

My thoughts exactly- 36+126+63 (225)

OR

36+108+63 (207)

I think that option of 63 would not be exercised. At least not now.

While 36 is too low hence GoI would certainly buy more, but in wake of LCA-Mk II and AMCA project, 225 would not make sense specially when delivery of such a large order would finish in mid 20's.

Frenches have long pockets. Their hardware is always expensive. If you look on IAF Mirage 2000 upgrade deal, you will cry.

Back
Top Bottom