What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

It is worth noting this has come be- FGFA is nowhere in sight and whilst the LCA is now close to induction deadlines on this front have still been pushed back.

If Modi is serious about India being global/regional player it needs to have a military to back this up and 126-200 Rafales would almost change the fortunes of the IAF in one stroke -taking their weakest link (MiGs) to their biggest strength (Rafales).

Absolutely agree, 63 wouldn't be worth it.

See posts 216 and 224 bro, things are becoming clearer...

Great News is that by 2017 we will get all new 60 Rafales :D

Frak ToT . First we need jets .

Exactly mate! Don't forget we need rafale M for ins vishal . We don't want f18 of any kind . Our jealous IAf want to have Rafale before IN does.

@narendramodi's address at @UNESCO, today 3PM. Watch live on YuvaiTV - The Internet TV initiative from BJP plz RT @YuvaiTV #modiinfrance सुमंत (Sumant) on Twitter: "@narendramodi's address at @UNESCO, today 3PM. Watch live on http://t.co/b48QrQZkuB. plz RT @YuvaiTV #modiinfrance http://t.co/PAWx77CvFY"

Even I dont want those super hornet when we can access Rafales. About the " Jealous IAF" part, I certainly agree.

Rafale all the way Waiting for the big announcement. :enjoy:

If Modi is serious about India being global/regional player it needs to have a military to back this up and 126-200 Rafales would almost change the fortunes of the IAF in one stroke -taking their weakest link (MiGs) to their biggest strength (Rafales).

This Sir is what i had been hoping for a long time. 108 from HAL is enough for TOT purposes. 18+63 flyaway means 4.5 squadrons.. That is also very good as HAL would definitely take time to ramp up production of Rafale in India as its first time hiccups would always incurred.

I only hope sanity prevails and not make a mockery of a splendid opportunity to turn around IAF in a single decisive decision

If the same deal done by MMS ?

Here the polictial party does not matter. What matters is a concrete decision taking into account the value of time, money and the strategic vision hich MMRCA was first started.

If MMs had done that it might have saved much time but he didn't.
Some time I am amused people with these kind of blind following.

Here the polictial party does not matter. What matters is a concrete decision taking into account the value of time, money and the strategic vision hich MMRCA was first started.
Why not then F-18 SH with probably 30% cheaper than Rafale ?

:lol: IAF always been a jealous cry baby.

And as per CNN We are pushing to get all 60 by 2017 to replace Mig21

2017 is a very aggressive time frame.. Even if Dassault ramps up production it will be a bit difficult as Egyptian rafales are also there.
Unless 2.5 Rafales per month production rate is applied. Then say in 30 months uptill dec 2017 we can get a total production of 75 jets which can off course accomodate India's timeline too of 63 jets by 2017

That thought occurred to me while I read that article.

If this deal goes though, I am going to guess PAK FA is not what the IAF expects it to be. LCA is our own baby, so we need to induct it in larger numbers. Ready or not.
If this deals goes through the need for the FGFA remains (for the long term) however it buys the IAF more time to allow the FGFA's development to work at its own pace and buys the IAF some breathing space. As such it would be an incredibly shrewd decision and would turn around the IAF's outlook from negative to positive almost overnight.

This Sir is what i had been hoping for a long time. 108 from HAL is enough for TOT purposes. 18+63 flyaway means 4.5 squadrons.. That is also very good as HAL would definitely take time to ramp up production of Rafale in India as its first time hiccups would always incurred.

I only hope sanity prevails and not make a mockery of a splendid opportunity to turn around IAF in a single decisive decision
It would be by far the most ideal scenario, let's not get ahead of ourselves though- this is really too good to be true :D

If this deals goes through the need for the FGFA remains (for the long term) however it buys the IAF more time to allow the FGFA's development to work at its own pace and buys the IAF some breathing space. As such it would be an incredibly shrewd decision and would turn around the IAF's outlook from negative to positive almost overnight.

Its a lot of money to flow out of India, so can't say I am thrilled to see that happen.

But if it does happen, I hope Modi like a good Baniya, got the best deal for us, including significant ToT.

F18 did not meet most of the tech parameters under MMRCA when field evaluated . If i remember correctly it did not pass the cold tests at all. The US planes never designed to operate in high altitudes with cold weather conditions. I am sure Canada would replace F18s definitely with something else as they incurred lots of difficulty in operating F18s

Back
Top Bottom