What's new

India to buy 26 Naval Rafales, 3 Scorpene submarines from France, deals likely to be announced during PM Modi's visit.

France will not share any IPR or tech with India. You only will get some screwdriver tech.

India buys each Rafale for $200 million while you could have got F-16 for $60 Million

Abdul bhai

No country will ever transfer full tech, if its just selling engine with TOT. Even the Ge F414 is only 80% TOT by value or tech, not sure which is right. Either way some critical component or stage, will be withheld to make sure the OEM doesn't become irrelevant. Its just foolish to expect 100% transfer, as that will mean OEM will not have any say and who will axe themselves?

This engine though is being offered, as joint development and manufacturing. Supposed to involve the why and the what part as well, but we can't be sure can we? So we will have to wait and see

Well the Rafale's price includes, training equipment and weapons package as well. Further by buying just 36, your leverage to negotiate goes down badly. Economies of scale and all, along with bargaining power with less number being brought.

I agree, this drama of MRFA has gone for too long. Order all in one go, and tell the French to move the production line here. There is talk that, the new engine (120 KN, for AMCA mark2) France is proposing to manufacture with us can make it back to Rafale, in a plug in play mode.

Win win for both, add Barracuda design for our SSN requirement, and we get them in fully. Especially after their loss in Australia, they are even more eager now.

Our Govt is so short sighted

Indigenous SSN design is already in the works. No need for the super expensive Barracuda.

But common sense regarding merging the IAF's 114 MRFA with the IN's MRCBF is not a strong suit of the MoD and GoI. It is the most obvious choice to do but they won't do it. Instead the MRFA will continue for another 5 years without any deal.

Indigenous SSN design is already in the works. No need for the super expensive Barracuda.

But common sense regarding merging the IAF's 114 MRFA with the IN's MRCBF is not a strong suit of the MoD and GoI. It is the most obvious choice to do but they won't do it. Instead the MRFA will continue for another 5 years without any deal.
From what I am hearing on youtube videos is that, the design is to be completed by next year for SSK (Diesel sub) not SSN. Not sure which is correct, and they mention Russia hasn't helped us on SSN like SSBN (Arihant).

True and sad, and even if they try and dare to do it, opposition will cry hoarse.

This guy is a third rate troll. Most sensible posters have stopped responding to his rants.
I know haha

I am still trying to understand, if he is one of us or theirs, or some third country altogether. Something makes me feel, he is one of us (maybe iamnobody or jamahir even, but the bot like answers always throw me off.)

I am still trying to understand, if he is one of us or theirs, or some third country altogether. Something makes me feel, he is one of us
Ok.
But, we have enough of our specimens too. On an open forum, I gauge by responses rather than the flag. A little weakness for Indian flag does seep in at times though. 😀

Last edited:
Right now our Capex does not allow buying these in huge numbers. Many parallel acquisition programs and Development programs are running simultaneously for all three arms. Situation will improve 5 years down the line.With around 6 trillion economy, and relatively lesser stress on Capex budget, we might be looking for 100 F-35 or, Rafale F4..

Right now our Capex does not allow buying these in huge numbers. Many parallel acquisition programs and Development programs are running simultaneously for all three arms. Situation will improve 5 years down the line.With around 6 trillion economy, and relatively lesser stress on Capex budget, we might be looking for 100 F-35 or, Rafale F4..
That's one of the biggest reasons I believe

A second aircraft carrier
SSBN being built still
Indigenous SSN or SSK not sure which
LCA Mk2, AMCA, TEDBF
Drone programs
CATS program
P75I and P75A
Never ending drama of MRFA
Still unresolved tanker acquisition
ISAR program of converting Airbus or Boeing
Next gen Tank
Missile programs which our tharki Uncle at DRDO revealed (Agni 6)
Some other programs I forgot perhaps

How much can a 3.75 trillion economy handle?
We fanboys can hope for everything, but then resources are finite.

That's one of the biggest reasons I believe

A second aircraft carrier
SSBN being built still
Indigenous SSN or SSK not sure which
LCA Mk2, AMCA, TEDBF
Drone programs
CATS program
P75I and P75A
Never ending drama of MRFA
Still unresolved tanker acquisition
ISAR program of converting Airbus or Boeing
Next gen Tank
Missile programs which our tharki Uncle at DRDO revealed (Agni 6)
Some other programs I forgot perhaps

How much can a 3.75 trillion economy handle?
We fanboys can hope for everything, but then resources are finite.

Exactly. So many programs and limited money. In 2028-29, our Defence budget hopefully will cross 100 Billion and few of these programs would have matured/concluded leaving room perhaps for big acquisition. I hope we only go for Indian weapons in future and Rafale is last foreign plane.

Good to know India wasting more money.

Pakistan's J-10C better than Indian Rafales.

Pakistan's agosta submarines better than Indian scorpenes.
Lol who tells you that j10c is better than Indian rafale you crap head

Our agosta subs are old 90s technology their scorpions sub is one step ahead from our agosta

And both (Indian Rafales and scorpions subs) are serious threats for Pakistan's security

And don't live your delusional world you stupid

According to the information I came across, it was stated that the Naval Version of India-specific Rafales would have a price tag of around 400 million USD per aircraft. In comparison, the American F35 is priced at approximately 90 million USD per unit. The significant cost difference raises questions about what factors contribute to the higher expense of the India-specific Rafales. It is possible that India's acquisition involves not just the hardware but also the associated technology, which could account for the increased price.

These recent developments suggest that the Indian Air Force is on track to achieve its goal of having 45 squadrons by 2031-35, enabling it to effectively handle the possibility of a two-front war. Currently, 83 Tejas MK1A aircraft have been ordered, with the potential for an additional 50 Tejas MK1A to be procured. Furthermore, there are plans for the acquisition of 200 Tejas MK2 aircraft, along with the purchase of 114 Rafales under the MRFA (Medium Multi-Role Fighter Aircraft) program.

Lol who tells you that j10c is better than Indian rafale you crap head

Our agosta subs are old 90s technology their scorpions sub is one step ahead from our agosta

And both (Indian Rafales and scorpions subs) are serious threats for Pakistan's security

And don't live your delusional world you stupid
The Indian Navy currently has two operational aircraft carriers, with plans in place for the addition of two more carriers. These carriers will be equipped with fighter jets such as Rafales and TEDBF (Twin Engine Deck-Based Fighter). As a result, the naval air force of India is poised to surpass the entire strength of the Pakistan Air Force in terms of capabilities and potency.

From what I am hearing on youtube videos is that, the design is to be completed by next year for SSK (Diesel sub) not SSN. Not sure which is correct, and they mention Russia hasn't helped us on SSN like SSBN (Arihant).

True and sad, and even if they try and dare to do it, opposition will cry hoarse.

I know haha

I am still trying to understand, if he is one of us or theirs, or some third country altogether. Something makes me feel, he is one of us (maybe iamnobody or jamahir even, but the bot like answers always throw me off.)

an indigenous SSN design is what is in the works. I don't know if an indigenous SSK diesel sub design is in the works as yet. All I'm aware of is the P-75I SSK that the IN desperately wants for it's next submarine line.

an indigenous SSN design is what is in the works. I don't know if an indigenous SSK diesel sub design is in the works as yet. All I'm aware of is the P-75I SSK that the IN desperately wants for it's next submarine line.
P75 Alpha is the program to build 6 SSN

P76 is the program for building 6 SSK with AIP, Naval design beaureu or warship designe beaureu
whichever it is will be completing the design in next 2 years

Back
Top Bottom