What's new

India to buy 26 Naval Rafales, 3 Scorpene submarines from France, deals likely to be announced during PM Modi's visit.

...and so ends the conversation of the F/A-18 Super Hornet.

I always knew that India would (only) buy US equipment such as P-8, C-17, C-130 & the CH-47.

They are not gonna go into a Fighter Program knowing full well how its turned out for us, Iraq & Egypt.

As for the IAF..., the LM F-21 too will soon become a "what could have been" documentary on YouTube.

F-35's for India... Now that is conversation we won't be having for a long time to come (officially). Selling F-35's to India for taming China ain't gonna go with Congress. India has the S-400. Guess who else has it... CHINA!

If China were to hypothetically score a kill of an IAF F-35, well...

It's classic robbing peter to pay paul though .... isn't it?
It's not, but whatever you want to call it doesn't change my point.

You have zero understanding of how economics works, so I suggest you not talk about it with me.

It's not, but whatever you want to call it doesn't change my point.

You have zero understanding of how economics works, so I suggest you not talk about it with me.
You have me confused with your economists and financial experts...

Who is making money in the middle?

That comes down to poor planning and bureaucracy in India. Poor decision making on the part of IAF because the cash suddenly became available and they don’t know what to do with it while the bureaucracy doesn’t want to release it on time and hoard it.

At the end, while the “two front war” is a self fulfilling manifestation of right wing Indian propaganda - the rate at which the future conflict is moving back to good old ballistics and hypersonic “artillery” and air spaces are becoming increasingly hostile to aircraft - the Brahmos is and continues to remain the best investment for the buck for India instead of aircraft squadrons
Its like two ends of a spectrum

Till the second term of Congress before Modi came, deals couldn't be made due to economical conditions. Whatever were done, had lots of corruption in them. Once the money came and the amounts lost came out as well, the procedure got twisted and elongated for any capex acquisition. Artillery suffered, Airforce suffered and so on due to politicians fearing 'scandal and corruption' on their names.

Unlike Pakistan who is ready to induct a platform quickly, and then work on bettering it in block or tranches our guys want a fully developed platform on platter. In some cases they want platforms which even West doesn't have, case in point Navy's P75I program. Got stuck because there is no working AIP tech that is fuel cell based or something, which even the French didn't go for. Sometimes I just wonder, who draws up these requirements.

Like you said the only shining beacon in this mess, is IMDP aka missile program set up by Kalam saab. One of the best we had, almost all the missiles came through. The further developments on base programs of Prithvi Agni etc are going well too. I believe this is what helped our guys to gain expertise, to partner with Russia to make Brahmos. At least the software part, not sure the share of work we have in the propulsion system, given its base of P800 Oniks.

What a mess we got everywhere

Last edited:
You have me confused with your economists and financial experts...
If this is the best you got, then you need to learn how to do a bit of critical thinking.

Absolutely pathetic attempt at trolling, I give it a 2 out of 10.

In some cases they want platforms which even West doesn't have, case in point Navy's P75I program.
Parrikar had given a name to such requests. He called these weapon systems “superman weapons”. No one has them but our guys in uniform wanted them. They see what is the best available anywhere in the world and add 10-50% to it, to lay down what they want.

Sometimes I just wonder, who draws up these requirements.
We blame our bureaucrats but there are bigger babus in uniform. A bit detached from realities of the world.
Unlike Pakistan who is ready to induct a platform quickly
Look at their AWACS program and J10 too. Our folks wanted the worlds best and were able to get just 3 AWACS, while PAF has more then 10. Not the best but good enough which are doing a wonderful work for them.
Our Rafales came after one of the most protracted and dramatic attempts but they got J10s in no time.

With the inclusion of four aircraft carriers, the Indian Navy would have the capability to operate a minimum of 125 Rafale-class fighter jets. This would result in the naval air force of India surpassing the entire Pakistan Air Force in terms of strength. Even with just 26 Rafales, the Indian Naval Air Force already possesses superiority over the Pakistan Air Force. It's important to note that Rafales are not only advanced platforms themselves but also come equipped with a superior weapon package. The inclusion of the Meteor air-to-air missile, which is considered the best air-to-air missile globally, further enhances the capabilities of the Rafale aircraft.

With the inclusion of four aircraft carriers, the Indian Navy would have the capability to operate a minimum of 125 Rafale-class fighter jets. This would result in the naval air force of India surpassing the entire Pakistan Air Force in terms of strength. Even with just 26 Rafales, the Indian Naval Air Force already possesses superiority over the Pakistan Air Force. It's important to note that Rafales are not only advanced platforms themselves but also come equipped with a superior weapon package. The inclusion of the Meteor air-to-air missile, which is considered the best air-to-air missile globally, further enhances the capabilities of the Rafale aircraft.

Feels like an effort to drag Pakistan into an arms race, especially when it`s economy is suffering.
Despite Pakistan's economy being significantly smaller than that of India and its foreign exchange reserves being negligible in comparison, the size of Pakistan's air force and army is not significantly smaller than that of India.

Good to know India wasting more money.

Pakistan's J-10C better than Indian Rafales.

Pakistan's agosta submarines better than Indian scorpenes.
How did you come to that conclusion?

Whenever India buys French, I celebrate.
I cry,because it's a masterpiece wasted on someone who can't fully appreciate it.

I disagree with that viewpoint because India is actively investing in improving its tactical capabilities to conduct operations within the sovereign territory of Pakistan, utilizing a combination of covert, overt, and partially covert approaches. This strategy is aligned with Indian interests as the probability of full-fledged wars is significantly low. India has the ability to neutralize threats from Pakistan, similar to how the United States neutralized Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad.

1689239006544.png

1689239047461.png

Stay in your aukat.

Back
Top Bottom