What's new

India tests N-capable Agni-I missile

this missile weighs 12 tons and needs a very big vehicle for transport and launch..
But pakistan's 700km missile is much smaller and weighs less..

So whats the point in making such a heavy missile for a measly 700km range?

I guess for carrying nukes for 700km ranging or bombing

i think it wasnt a missile test..
Rather the army using an outdated missile for training...

I think they have incorporated a new guidance system in this series which is far more accurate and robust, reducing the CEP considerably. However, if it is nuke tipped, then it need not have a CEP measured in inches!! :cheesy:

this missile weighs 12 tons and needs a very big vehicle for transport and launch..

I think pakistan's missile of 700 km is a Hatf VII babur,which is a cruise missile (correct me if i am wrong) and i believe you don't need to be lectured on the difference between a cruise missile and a ballsitic missile.

We dont have a stealed technology unfortunately :P hence we have to do all our home work alone

So you finally managed to manufacture paint for your Russian missiles. Good job.

I think pakistan's missile of 700 km is a Hatf VII babur,which is a cruise missile (correct me if i am wrong) and i believe you don't need to be lectured on the difference between a cruise missile and a ballsitic missile.

He's talking about Shaheen 1/1A

He's talking about Shaheen 1/1A

i think agni can carry more payload of upto 2.5kT and has multiple guidance systems.maybe thats why.

already tested BRBM by PK any way congrats

Agni-1 is not a Battlefield Range Ballistic Missile(BRBM),but a Medium Range Ballistic Missile(MRBM)

@v9s
Do you have any proof that Agni series of ballistic missiles are made in Russia??If not then STFU.
And by the way,the Shaheen I weighs 10 tons,not 5 ton.

Agni-1 should be phased out once LRCM and Brahmos-II gets inducted.

Agni-1 should be phased out once LRCM and Brahmos-II gets inducted.

Agni 1 is a ballistic missile and cannot be replaced by cruise missiles.

Brahmos and LRCM cannot carry 1 ton payload that Agni 1 can carry.

Agni 1 is a ballistic missile and cannot be replaced by cruise missiles.

Brahmos and LRCM cannot carry 1 ton payload that Agni 1 can carry.

Its easier to fire a salvo of 3 Brahmos with better CEP than an Agmi-1. Anyway its for army to decide.

I:yahoo: think this is the first time they have released the RV re-entry and terminal impact of the missile to the media.

Did any one notice the warhead (dummy) exploding in the atmosphere before it hit the ocean. :azn:

Bulls eye ...........

Its easier to fire a salvo of 3 Brahmos with better CEP than an Agmi-1. Anyway its for army to decide.

Its not only about ease. The payload capability also has to be considered.

Back
Top Bottom