What's new

India tests N-capable Agni-I missile

And who told you that Agni 1 will be carrying conventional warhead ........

And since Agni 1 will be launched by only the strategic forces command ...........the PM has to press the button to launch Agni1...

so buzz off ..........

Wait wait, you got your basics wrong here. Agni 1-5 can carry both conventional/nuclear warhead.....nuke warhead is not mandatory for them...

Wait wait, you got your basics wrong here. Agni 1-5 can carry both conventional/nuclear warhead.....nuke warhead is not mandatory for them...

There is difference between can carry and will carry.

Agni 1-5 can also carry dead weight ......... even carry McDonald Cheese Burgers ............

I got my basics ............. you need to check yours ...........why on earth Agni 1 would carry 1 ton conventional warhead .......... first of all Ballistic missiles of Agni Class are costly ........ then they are not that many in numbers ..... they come under strategic forces command ........... Did India raise strategic Forces Command to fire conventional warheads ......... there are other much cheaper and much easier ways to deliver convention warheads ....... They are testing Agnis for a nuclear strike only .... check the video of its terminal reentry phase and how the warhead explodes up in the air much before it is about to splash down into the sea.

So ............its foolish, non economical and absurd to use Agnis for conventional warfare ..........

Nuclear warhead is not only mandatory ....... but its the only warhead it would carry...

Agni 1-5 can also carry dead weight ......... even carry McDonald Cheese Burgers ............

I got my basics ............. you need to check yours ...........why on earth Agni 1 would carry 1 ton conventional warhead .......... first of all Ballistic missiles of Agni Class are costly ........ then they are not that many in numbers ..... they come under strategic forces command ........... Did India raise strategic Forces Command to fire conventional warheads ......... there are other much cheaper and much easier ways to deliver convention warheads ....... They are testing Agnis for a nuclear strike only .... check the video of its terminal reentry phase and how the warhead explodes up in the air much before it is about to splash down into the sea.

So ............its foolish, non economical and absurd to use Agnis for conventional warfare ..........

Nuclear warhead is not only mandatory ....... but its the only warhead it would carry...
so what are u suggesting they should have tested it with a nuclear warhead
it is correct that it can carry both conventional and nuclear warhead
and if army is going to use it,it is for sure that it can carry conventional warhead

so what are u suggesting they should have tested it with a nuclear warhead
it is correct that it can carry both conventional and nuclear warhead
and if army is going to use it,it is for sure that it can carry conventional warhead

They have tested and they always test the nuclear warhead here but without the radioactive plutonium in the core. They test the functioning of altimeter and detonator electronics and fuze being functioned at the required height.

The army per say is not going to use it . The Agnis will be operated by the strategic forces command ..... and the strategic forces command will only operate the strategic assets which will carry nuclear weapons like nuclear missiles, and the 40 odd fighter aircrafts specifically to be used for this purpose........

I think you need to read up a little bit more on this subject ..........

why any problem in wheelers island ?

not a problem but since it was a user trial, they could have launched directly from other places, not necessarily from where the missiles are actually stationed.

not a problem but since it was a user trial, they could have launched directly from other places, not necessarily from where the missiles are actually stationed.

Wheelers island has the initial monitoring mechanism in place.

There is point in testing a missile if it cant be effectively monitored.

maybe they were again testing some parameters

Wow. The accuracy of the missile should be too good for the ships at the target to grab a video... and this is a nuclear capable missile!!!
Thanks for the video.

as we all know and the video we saw of RV was too far from the ships. But indeed looks like it exploded exactly where they wanted to. Though it looks it exploded at a high altitude.

Nope, I have got my basic in place, but I found another problem in your basics, when u r debating you need to debate from one side but you need to observe both sides.

From an Indian point of view for ballistic missiles - it will only carry nuclear warheads and the button to be pressed by a PM

From a ballistic missile point of view - it can carry both nuclear and conventional warheads and for some tactical ballistic missiles button doesnt need to be pressed by the country head. Like the ones deployed in Tibet doesnt need the country head approval to be launched.

Second - The world is considering replacing nuclear warhead with convetional warheads for strikes. A recent congressional debate in US is trying to finalize such a power to US army...

I have not checked the video but if it was tirched by a proximity fuse then its definitely what you are saying. but rulling out a missile will "NEVER" carry a conventional warhead is wrong. I can foresee a change in Indian doctorine too to carry conventional warheads.

very good

BTW any increase in its range?
why to increase its range,we have other long range versions of Agni
it was a user trial of Agni1,i dont think any change in range,it is the same 700km

those who are debating about PM pressing the button are forgetting that it is not PM's duty to select the weapon to launch the retaliation strike.
PM just have to give orders and be it A1, prithvi, or Mirage 2000, sukhoi, or A5 etc etc .. will do its job.

Nope, I have got my basic in place, but I found another problem in your basics, when u r debating you need to debate from one side but you need to observe both sides.

From an Indian point of view for ballistic missiles - it will only carry nuclear warheads and the button to be pressed by a PM

From a ballistic missile point of view - it can carry both nuclear and conventional warheads and for some tactical ballistic missiles button doesnt need to be pressed by the country head. Like the ones deployed in Tibet doesnt need the country head approval to be launched.

Second - The world is considering replacing nuclear warhead with convetional warheads for strikes. A recent congressional debate in US is trying to finalize such a power to US army...

I have not checked the video but if it was tirched by a proximity fuse then its definitely what you are saying. but rulling out a missile will "NEVER" carry a conventional warhead is wrong. I can foresee a change in Indian doctorine too to carry conventional warheads.

Come to reality from theory .

No your basics are all over the place

What we are discussing her is in respect of the latest Agni 1 test. and What is India going to do with it.

And No .... Agni 1 is not some tactical missile but a full fledged "deployed" strategic nuclear missile ...........Agni 1 is not cheap .............. the amount of technological sophistication that goes into a strategic ballistics missile ....... you don't have any idea.........

In theory Ballistic missile can carry " Cheese Burgers" . And america will use its minuteman's to spray cheese burgers to feed the hungry people over African continent in the future ............ thats America.

We are talking about India ............ Our nuclear doctrine is no first use .......... If we fire agni with conventional warhead and the other side perceives it as a nuclear strike then all hell will let loose ...........

In our part of the world just firing strategic ballistic missile with a conventional warhead is suicidal .......

Back
Top Bottom