What's new

India tells China: Kashmir is to us what Tibet, Taiwan are to you

Dear Joe Shearer:

I'm sure you have noticed that my stance on this forum has changed somewhat, with regards to Sino-Indian relations.

The trigger for this slight change in position, was being called a "slanty-eyed chink" constantly, over and over again, by Indian suicide trolls on this forum. Then having seemingly rational Indian posters telling me that "chink" was not an offensive word.

Rest assured that I do not hold any ill-will towards the Indian people at all. I just decided that there is no real point trying to argue for the idea of Sino-Indian friendship on *this* forum at least.

I will try to respond to your very lengthy post if I can find the time, and apologies in advance for the slow reply.

Dear Joe Shearer:

I'm sure you have noticed that my stance on this forum has changed somewhat, with regards to Sino-Indian relations.

The trigger for this slight change in position, was being called a "slanty-eyed chink" constantly, over and over again, by Indian suicide trolls on this forum. Then having seemingly rational Indian posters telling me that "chink" was not an offensive word.

Rest assured that I do not hold any ill-will towards the Indian people at all. I just decided that there is no real point trying to argue for the idea of Sino-Indian friendship on *this* forum at least.

I will try to respond to your very lengthy post if I can find the time, and apologies in advance for the slow reply.

My dear friend,

I have noticed the more world-weary, even cynical stance you have taken, and have done so with great distress. If you can point out to me the racists responsible for the insulting behaviour you have described, I will personally go after each and every one of them. That is a promise.

For the rest, if I have taken a stern and unrelenting stand in my mail addressed to you, it was deliberate; while we may joke around and allow each other small - or even mid-sized liberties at times, and while I do not put much store by those pleasantries, I sense that you have come to the end of your tolerance. Even as I am anguished at the behaviour that you report has caused this annoyance and distress, it would be disloyal if I did not put down our side of the story without flinching from possibly causing pain to an esteemed friend.

That is what I have done.

From my friend, I seek understanding. From the person who has put forward various unflattering interpretations of the Indian actions of the past and of the Indian stand at present, I seek your kind attention to listen to what we have to say before you finally make up your mind.

With warm regards,

Dear Joe Shearer:

Hi CD,
Personally i do feel distressed to sense the mood behind your post. Truth to tell, i could see some changes. But for the fact that that PMs have been discontinued, was tempted to suggest some abstinence from the scene of so much stupid and meaningless mayhem. But that would have only been the 'next best thing'. The 'best thing' is still to (sometimes) ignore the rest of the crazy world around; and (narcissistic as it may seem) to even believe that nothing else exists except some sensible people in this world (however few or remote) apart from me of course ;-). Since i am unwise to carry out either of the above, i listen to music while on this forum. Listening (for example) to the "Ode to Joy" helps me withstand all the stones and more that certain "High IQ" guys can fling in my direction.

i am not what other people consider me to be, but what i understand me to be.

So; "What me worry"-- Alfred E. Neumann
Good Luck and :cheers:

Dear Joe Shearer:

About the bold part. Dude please be matured, there will never be any time where every single person of the country will be sane.

Forget country it cannot be achieved even for one city.

So are you going to change your position, because someone offened you.

About the bold part. Dude please be matured, there will never be any time where every single person of the country will be sane.

Forget country it cannot be achieved even for one city.

So are you going to change your position, because someone offened you.

You are right, but it is bitterly offensive, and it is all the more galling to Indians who read about these incidents and feel implicated themselves. Personally, I feel like going after those who offered this kind of provocation, who use the Internet and anonymity there as a shield for a socially indefensible, illegitimate behaviour.

I think right-minded Indians should get together and guard against these lowlife wrecking our environment and ambience with their scummy ways.

Dear Joe Shearer:

If i remember correctly CD you once stated that not only online racists are the reason for this change of stance but also some real life incident too helped that end. I don't know what that was as i don't recall you stating that one elaborately. I feel bad for this unfortunate outcome and feel bad for loosing a friend like you but i sincerely urge you to be more forgiving if possible (by which i speak of the real life one not the online one).

Joe Shearer,

Excellent posts, as always :tup:. Really appreciate your time and energy and effort!

Can you please share your views on the current status of the India-China border talks? Has there been any positive progress? If so, where? and If not, why?

Big question in few words! Hope you won't mind.

Regards

Joe, although I certainly appreciate your attitude, but some your point, I obviously do not agree. If have time I will to refute it.

Joe's argument is basically the claim that China and India are equivalent in terms of civilizational greatness so that it is natural for China and India to have equivalent spheres of influence. However, China definitely has a larger territory, sphere of influence and international standing.

Joe is saying, "Why can't India have that too? That's our entitlement. So our expansionist agenda is legitimate."

The answer to Joe's question is, "China is a much much greater civilizational entity, so there is no comparison between China and India. China is unified in time and geography -- a single state. India on the other hand is geographically separate princely kingdoms. South Asian empires are historically and culturally discontinuous. Mughal Empire does not trace its origins from Mauryan Empire for example."

I'm sorry, but India has nothing that remotely compares to China's historical (and present) greatness. Your Hindu civilization is..... charming...... but you are no match for China. Any attempt by Indians to try to picture themselves as China's equal is nothing more than self-delusion.

So as a "not-so-great" power you deserve no imperial territory. No Kashmir and no Assam (if they don't really want to be part of India). China is a great power, so we get imperial territory. It's really that simple, folks. You might say we are in different "castes."

Joe's argument is basically the claim that China and India are equivalent in terms of civilizational greatness so that it is natural for China and India to have equivalent spheres of influence. However, China definitely has a larger territory, sphere of influence and international standing.

Joe is saying, "Why can't India have that too? That's our entitlement. So our expansionist agenda is legitimate."

The answer to Joe's question is, "China is a much much greater civilizational entity, so there is no comparison between China and India. China is unified in time and geography -- a single state. India on the other hand is geographically separate princely kingdoms. South Asian empires are historically and culturally discontinuous. Mughal Empire does not trace its origins from Mauryan Empire for example."

I'm sorry, but India has nothing that remotely compares to China's historical (and present) greatness. Your Hindu civilization is..... charming...... but you are no match for China. Any attempt by Indians to try to picture themselves as China's equal is nothing more than self-delusion.

So as a "not-so-great" power you deserve no imperial territory. No Kashmir and no Assam (if they don't really want to be part of India). China is a great power, so we get imperial territory. It's really that simple, folks. You might say we are in different "castes."

This is stupid.

This rant is what is classically defined as "Racial Superiority" complex. The Japanese & the Germans did precisely that in the years leading to WWII.

List out the criteria on which you consider China a "a much much greater civilizational entity" than India or any other civilization for that matter?

India is name of a region. Not a country until recently. China has been a unified state since 300 BC. The Hindu civilization has no record of great influential empires. The Mauryan Empire was too long ago. Mughal Empire was Islamic. China was the leader in world technology until about 600 years ago. China had probably the first blue water fleet in world history. "India" could never be considered advanced until at least going back to the days of Sanskirt (again, a discontinuous civilization from Mughal, British India and ROI).

I'm sorry but India is not comparable to China in any way. China is simply a greater historical civilization. The sooner Indians realize this the less time they can waste trying to pretend otherwise. This is why China is entitled to have imperial lands like Xinjiang, Tibet and so on. This is why we are part of the P5. This is why 21st century is China's century not "Asia's century." China and India are at completely different levels of greatness.

This is stupid.
No, stupid is Joe Shearer's claims

"This flatly denies the historical fact that the closest Chinese troops before this year were in the border provinces of Qing Hai and Kham. No Government of China existed in Tibet, none whatsoever."

I'm done with this guy. He's just faking being objective and reasonable. There is no objectivity here whatsoever. It's the same "India is just as great as China, so we are entitled to expand more" delusion that other Indian members have, but they put it across less artfully.

No, stupid is Joe Shearer's claims

"This flatly denies the historical fact that the closest Chinese troops before this year were in the border provinces of Qing Hai and Kham. No Government of China existed in Tibet, none whatsoever."

I'm done with this guy. He's just faking being objective and reasonable. There is no objectivity here whatsoever. It's the same "India is just as great as China, so we are entitled to expand more" delusion that other Indian members have, but they put it across less artfully.

Jahapanah tusi great ho toufa kubuul karo !!!!

Back
Top Bottom