What's new

India tells China: Kashmir is to us what Tibet, Taiwan are to you

and its not me the whole world complains about you.

LOL that is funny.

Look at your neighbours. Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal. All of them have a reason to dislike you or even hate you.

In fact, your two BIGGEST neighbours are in an alliance against you.

LOL that is funny.

Look at your neighbours. Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal. All of them have a reason to dislike you or even hate you.

In fact, your two BIGGEST neighbours are in an alliance against you.

oh CD,
for bangladesh and nepal,there govts are totaly under control of india.and india wont let them.
and we have not bad relations with lanka.
and rest of two,we are living in the same condition from 50 yrs.
so wat u got now?

i think u predict from the nature of most of members here,i want to remind u that these ppl dont run govt and india dont run by us.

so i hope next time CD player will work well:azn::azn:

oh CD,
for bangladesh and nepal,there govts are totaly under control of india.and india wont let them.
and we have not bad relations with lanka.
and rest of two,we are living in the same condition from 50 yrs.
so wat u got now?

i think u predict from the nature of most of members here,i want to remind u that these ppl dont run govt and india dont run by us.

so i hope next time CD player will work well:azn::azn:

with bangladesh depends upon the govt. like khalida zea is anti-india

infact i was reading a book on R&AW by its very first agents and he said infact the 1971 victory would later prove to be a problem as firstly it fastened pakistan's drive for a nuclear weapon and secondly we got a rogue bangladesh sometimes with us sometimes against us.

I can understand your irritation at some of the statements made earlier, but just to go on record:
  • Neither the government of India nor any other responsible political organisation has made any claim that Tibet is anything but an integral part of China;
  • The Dalai Lama and the refugees have not been allowed to function officially as an organised government;
  • There is huge sentimental support and veneration for the Dalai Lama, which somehow does not seem to register with the Chinese government as anything other than a provocation. All these private citizens are emphatically not part of an official conspiracy;
  • The bottom line is that Tibetan refugees who have tried to demonstrate against official Chinese visitors and representatives have been arrested, sometimes imprisoned for the duration;
  • Considering how little harm they do, there is no case for any hardening of the terms of treatment for them;
  • Indian courts have recently ruled that those refugees born in India between independence (1947) and the date of a certain legislation in the central parliament denying illegal immigrants the right to become citizens of India are entitled to Indian citizenship, and quite a few of these refugee families, including descendants of the 'Dharma Raja' (you are obviously aware of the dual system prevalent in Tibet for centuries) have applied for citizenship, and are likely to be granted it;
  • Tibetan families in the north and in the south (they have a large settlement in the uplands near Bangalore in the south) enjoy huge goodwill as they are always peaceful and as their settlements are so neat and clean, exemplary in fact. They are very good guests, never making any trouble, never asking for anything that they may not ask for, always minding their own business and always a pleasure to deal with. This should be known to you in order to explain in part why most Indians feel sympathetic to them, without wishing to complicate matters by defying their own government on the issue.
  • As a result, they are an isolated community by and large; younger people are educated and are coming out to seek jobs in India;
  • Other than speculative elements resident in the ether of the Internet, there is nobody suggesting that we play the 'Tibetan' card against China. This should not stop us in any way from reminding China and the Chinese leadership in the most forceful terms that Kashmir is indeed central to us as an issue, as central as the issues of Tibet and Taiwan are.
It is impossible to get this sympathetic and tolerant air towards the Tibetan understood without a personal visit or inspection. I hope that will be possible.

I hope my intervention was useful.

Summed up everything :tup:
Thanks Joe :cheers:

I can understand your irritation at some of the statements made earlier, but just to go on record:
  • Neither the government of India nor any other responsible political organisation has made any claim that Tibet is anything but an integral part of China;
  • The Dalai Lama and the refugees have not been allowed to function officially as an organised government;
  • There is huge sentimental support and veneration for the Dalai Lama, which somehow does not seem to register with the Chinese government as anything other than a provocation. All these private citizens are emphatically not part of an official conspiracy;
  • The bottom line is that Tibetan refugees who have tried to demonstrate against official Chinese visitors and representatives have been arrested, sometimes imprisoned for the duration;
  • Considering how little harm they do, there is no case for any hardening of the terms of treatment for them;
  • Indian courts have recently ruled that those refugees born in India between independence (1947) and the date of a certain legislation in the central parliament denying illegal immigrants the right to become citizens of India are entitled to Indian citizenship, and quite a few of these refugee families, including descendants of the 'Dharma Raja' (you are obviously aware of the dual system prevalent in Tibet for centuries) have applied for citizenship, and are likely to be granted it;
  • Tibetan families in the north and in the south (they have a large settlement in the uplands near Bangalore in the south) enjoy huge goodwill as they are always peaceful and as their settlements are so neat and clean, exemplary in fact. They are very good guests, never making any trouble, never asking for anything that they may not ask for, always minding their own business and always a pleasure to deal with. This should be known to you in order to explain in part why most Indians feel sympathetic to them, without wishing to complicate matters by defying their own government on the issue.
  • As a result, they are an isolated community by and large; younger people are educated and are coming out to seek jobs in India;
  • Other than speculative elements resident in the ether of the Internet, there is nobody suggesting that we play the 'Tibetan' card against China. This should not stop us in any way from reminding China and the Chinese leadership in the most forceful terms that Kashmir is indeed central to us as an issue, as central as the issues of Tibet and Taiwan are.
It is impossible to get this sympathetic and tolerant air towards the Tibetan understood without a personal visit or inspection. I hope that will be possible.

I hope my intervention was useful.

Why do you think all your weeping and pleading will spare you the wrath of the Lashkar.

Bottom line is that the China supports the Jamaat-ud-Dawah, and if you dare cast your evil eye towards Pakistan, it is Chinese nuclear technology that is going to burn your Dhoti.

There is a good reason why you were impotent after the Mujahideen attacked your parliament, and after the Mumbai drama. Why do you think anything has changed.

Why do you think all your weeping and pleading will spare you the wrath of the Lashkar.

Bottom line is that the China supports the Jamaat-ud-Dawah, and if you dare cast your evil eye towards Pakistan, it is Chinese nuclear technology that is going to burn your Dhoti.

There is a good reason why you were impotent after the Mujahideen attacked your parliament, and after the Mumbai drama. Why do you think anything has changed.

Its a sad set of people who take pride in the effect of terrorism on other people. Even if the other people are your enemies.

What makes it sadder is that this is coming from a citizen of a country, which today is far more impacted by the scourge of terrorism which many claim is of its own creation.

The views above simply justify and reinforce those claims

Its a sad set of people who take pride in the effect of terrorism on other people. Even if the other people are your enemies.

What makes it sadder is that this is coming from a citizen of a country, which today is far more impacted by the scourge of terrorism which many claim is of its own creation.

The views above simply justify and reinforce those claims
and i would also like to add ... that its pakistan whos under wrath of pakistani mujahidin aka TERRORISTS ...

but how can he be sympathetic to common pakistani citizen as he's living in Britain ..

India has had MANY opportunities to become friendly with China, all of which were ignored.

Bottom line: India is our rival, and Pakistan our vital ally. Who did you think we were going to support?

Anyway you can avoid all this, just don't play games with your neighbours and don't attack Pakistan.
Just stop advising us CD :lol:, dont play games with us, Keep your ally happy. Works well for us.

Its very silly statement because Tibet is an independent country under illigal chinese occupation by force and Taiwan is a seprate country.

But Kashmir is legally and rightfully belongs to India.

If tibet is a independent country then kashmir is belong to pakistan /china too.

I am glad that a ridiculous post like this comes through once in a while to explain to the rest of us why a perfectly viable state, peopled by intelligent and hard-working people, is gradually sinking in the water. Only the presence of a lunatic fringe, represented so well by this poster, can explain that decline.

I note that you think that a civilised and courteously phrased explanation made to someone else is weeping and pleading.

I note also that you think that all communications are addressed to the Lashkar - whether you are referring to the Shia-murdering Lashkar-i-Jhangvi or the generally murderous Lashkar-e-Toeba is not clear, since your style of writing is not intended to convey coherence of thought or of speech.

Bottom line is that the China supports the Jamaat-ud-Dawah,

The kindest description of that bumptious statement would be hopeful.

and if you dare cast your evil eye towards Pakistan,

I understand that to a confused mind arrested in its development, a discussion of the legal position of Tibetan refugees constitutes casting an evil eye towards Pakistan. It can happen; it sounds bizarre, but not more than some of the very strange concepts that originates in your sort of mentally handicapped substitute for a brain.

it is Chinese nuclear technology that is going to burn your Dhoti.

It is such a welcome relief to hear a true statement about the origins of the Pakistani nuclear arsenal. For a few frightening moments, it seemed that Dr. A. Q. Khan would fly again.

The reason was to avoid war and bloodshed. This reason has been a constant reason for us, and the opposite holds true for you. Thanks in part to thinking like yours, your country has got itself into war-like situations, which it lost, on at least 4 occasions.

It is not something new, India striving desperately to keep the peace, against a deranged set of people who desperately provoke India at every opportunity, and succeed only in suffering telling military defeat at the end of the day.

No, in response to your statement, I don't think anything has changed. The lunatic but impotent war-mongers are there, the provocations are there......nothing has changed.

Dear Chinese-Dragon,

Since this is not your usual stance, I can only conclude that something drastic may have happened; either
  • You may have lost your job;
  • You may have temporarily lost the affections of your significant other;
  • You may have punctured the tire of your bicycle this morning;
  • You may have been reviewing the value of your stock market investments, at least that part not invested in Indian securities;
  • You may have been informed that your Indian visa application has been turned down;
  • You may have been informed that you are being posted to Pakistan;
  • A combination or all of the above.

I am, therefore, very nervous about seeking to address your concerns, and can only do so in the hope that you will not shoot the messenger who brings bad news. Do, please, be kind and tolerant as far as this message is concerned. If you wish to revert to being a baleful, intolerant ogre, if you can hold off for the duration that it takes you to read this, it would be a kindness.

India itself chose to make enemies out of its two biggest neighbours, China and Pakistan.

May I refer you to that excellent handbook on political science and international relations, Aesop's Fables? Especially the story about the Wolf and the Sheep.

Ask why China supports Pakistan's military? Because India backstabbed us in 1959. Cause and effect.

Presumably you are referring to the incidents in Tibet, and to the conversion of China's suzerainty over Tibet, as defined in international law and in international treaties, to outright sovereignty. Since these were exclusively actions initiated by the People's Republic of China, it is difficult to see what role India played, other than to be reluctant host to the thousands who took refuge across the borders.

Further, you have omitted to connect your imposition of direct rule over Tibet with your support for the Pakistani military. The connection has been left unclear, and enquiring minds want to know your reasons. Also, if possible, without inconveniencing you too much, the original reasons of the Politburo of the CPC.

Also, China does not "back" any terrorist organizations, unlike India which supported LTTE. :wave:

<gasp>

You spotted this? Now we are done for!

Of course, if the LTTE had won, and if they had acknowledged the shipments of arms and ammunitions that they had received from sponsors of freedom movements around the world, it would have been a different story today, perhaps to be equated to your support of other freedom movements which became legitimised.

One in south-east Asia comes to mind, but you may not be fond of quoting that example in view of the subsequent unfortunate incidents of 1989. But that was different, of course; you were offering legitimate and valid support of people ethnically close to you, from the depredations of an imperialist power that sought to exercise hegemonic rule over them.

Quite, quite different, we understand fully well, from the support given by the Tamils of India to the Tamils of Sri Lanka, against the hegemonic designs of the majority who had in fact abolished the use of Tamil in any official context (just to quote one minor example of the kind of oppression that was exercised).

By the way, you must meet one Saifullah K, who states categorically that you support the Lashkar (he doesn't know much about it, and particularly doesn't know which Lashkar he wants to indicate. Since he may be one of those hyper-patriots who lives out of Pakistan and is willing to fight to the last Pakistani, he doesn't really know the facts, only that if he doesn't write posts like the one he wrote recently, his willie will fall off.

I have read it. :tup:

My point is that it was India, who chose to go down the path of hostility with China.

Of course you are right; it goes without saying.

Let us ignore the fact that the Himalayan boundary has only been penetrated by aggressive war-making in one direction, Tibet to India, in the whole of recorded history from 326 BC to date, before the subsequent events of 62;

Let us ignore the fact that while the cultural boundaries of India have stayed in place for nearly 3,000 years, with the political boundaries moving out beyond only on less than half-a-dozen occasions for small lengths of time, the cultural and political boundaries of China have grown during the same period to include Gansu, Qing Hai, Xizang and Xinjiang, all of them, not to mention Mongolia, too, on occasion.

This, of course, means nothing; it is still India which is the aggressor.

Let us ignore the fact that contrary to all logic, while the PRC has over 400,000 soldiers and huge concentrations of military aircraft in those military regions facing India, India, aggressive, militaristic and spoiling for a fight, has some 150,000 troops facing the PRC, along with some handful of squadrons of little or no consequence.

Let us ignore the fact that in its zeal to improve the lot of the Tibetan people, the PRC built roads over the populated areas in Tibet but did so at such a high speed that those roads continued right past the people and into barren frontier lands right next to the border, or the line of actual control of the moment. Almost as if to build roads for PLA divisions, some of them armoured divisions located in territory that is broken and known not to be friendly for tank operations.

We can ignore several other things besides, we can ignore anything in fact that interferes with the clarity and lucidity of the statement that it was all India's fault for stabbing China in the back in 1959. China, unlike India, has always retained clarity and lucidity in its position; logic or external fact is never allowed to interfere.

Your complaints are all recent, they all happened AFTER India backstabbed China in 1959. Cause and effect.

Err....yes, indeed. Clear and lucid. China moves in troops into Tibet. China drives out the traditional pillars of society. These elements and poorer elements of Tibetan society take refuge over the nearest international border. The power on the other side of the border treacherously refuses to bar the border and thrust them back into the hands of the PLA at bayonet point.

Base treachery indeed.

Nothing is too much to punish such treachery.

Just be thankful that China is not hosting Indian separatist groups, in retaliation for India's having hosted ours for over half a century.

More clarity and lucidity.

To my personal knowledge, from a vantage point on the fringes of the leftist movement in my part of the country, I am aware of the active support given by the PRC to the CPI(ML). The support offered flickered a bit thereafter, on the First Suppression and on the Second Suppression, and was dormant during the manifold split in the 80s, and has now been renewed through other client organisations, such as the ULFA and the NSCN(M-S).

The NSCN(M-S) has been receiving Chinese arms and ammunition for over half a century; the ULFA only recently, after their patrons the ISI slackened their efforts a little.

I am sorry to contradict your clear and lucid statement that NO support was given to Indian separatists, but this is the distressing muddy and unclear reality.

Like I said, you had more than 50 years to "disband" them and let them live out their lives peacefully.

At least you have the supreme virtue of being consistent throughout. When you have elected for clarity and lucidity, even at the occasional cost of a little bit of detail, you have persisted with it, and the whole picture has the virtue of looking simple and well-structured.

Small difficulties like the question of how to disband that which has never banded are not allowed to offend the orderly array of clear and lucid argument. The fact that they are already, to visible evidence, leading out their lives peacefully, unbanded except in peaceful demonstrations suppressed by minimum use of force by the police during the occasional visits of Chinese officials to Delhi, is of course not relevant.

Instead they were held as an Indian "political chip", even though India knew that China was worried about the border between India and our Tibetan region.

The extent of the worry was apparent in the adamantine refusal of the Chinese leadership to come to a settlement. It is difficult to understand what use this political chip was put to, during the long history of fruitless and frustrating interactions between Indian and Chinese diplomats.

Doesn't really matter anymore though, considering the old age of the Dalai Lama.

More lucidity and clarity; long may it reign supreme.

It has not occurred to anyone, it seems, that the Dalai Lama is a restraining influence, and that younger elements have caused worry and concern and are being tracked by intelligence operatives due to their extreme views on the subject of Tibet.

They tried to violently overthrow the Chinese government in 1959. When they failed, they escaped to India.

As I have stated before, this is a travesty of the truth. Chinese troops moved in where Chinese troops were never present. Chinese government officials moved in where none were present before 1959, besides an Amban and his small personal staff, and the uproar that they caused has been described as an attempt to violently overthrow the Chinese government.

This flatly denies the historical fact that the closest Chinese troops before this year were in the border provinces of Qing Hai and Kham. No Government of China existed in Tibet, none whatsoever.

But then, clarity and lucidity is everything; facts are not to interfere with this.

By supporting and hosting them, India showed their true intentions... and proved that the Indian phrase "Hindi Chini bhai bhai" was a complete lie.

This sounds as if humanitarian assistance is an act of state, and is intended to overthrow the PRC. If feeding poor starving refugees is an act of state and it threatens the PRC, perhaps the PRC should do some soul-searching.

For your information, the steady trickle of refugees continues; the murderous activities of Chinese border guards against them continues. By fortuitous circumstance, this has been recorded in cold bloody by foreigners who were camped in the high mountains and observed one such incident in minute detail.

India has had MANY opportunities to become friendly with China, all of which were ignored.

Bottom line: India is our rival, and Pakistan our vital ally. Who did you think we were going to support?

Anyway you can avoid all this, just don't play games with your neighbours and don't attack Pakistan.

By this time, surely no further answer is needed. We live in a violent neighbourhood; we are an oasis of peace and tranquillity and we shall do our best to keep our own country peaceful and quiet. We do not intend to allow the existential struggle of the Pakistani state to survive to disturb us in any way, and will instead step up our vigilance at the borders one ratchet more. We are aware that more terrorist acts will follow, as Pakistan loses the sense of what is a state and what is a state of nature; we are prepared for it.

Be assured, however, that our desire to maintain peaceful relations with our neighbours is very high, and is unlikely to be upset by violent demonstrations or displays of immaturity or irresponsibility. I have no difficulty in stating that you two bad neighbours will be dealt with on merit; we will always try to avoid bloodshed, and will resort to that with the greatest of reluctance.

This is an answer that I can understand from a geostrategic point of view.

Of course they would wanted Tibet as a buffer zone, but the actions of 1959 went much too far in my opinion.

Quite honestly, and candidly, that is because your opinion has been formed by disinformation. I am sorry to say this bluntly, but the general sanctimonious air that some of our interlocutors bear is quite tiresome.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom