What's new

India selects Saab for Tejas fighter radar

India selects Saab for Tejas fighter radar

http://www.c4isrnet.com/articles/india-selects-saab-for-tejas-fighter-radar

India has chosen Saab to provide the active electronically scanned array radar for its Tejas Mk 1A fighter.

"The AESA fighter radar is developed by Saab with antenna technology based on the latest technologies using Gallium Nitride (GaN) and Silicone Carbide (SiC) substrates in combination with the latest generation of exciter/receiver and processor technology, giving optimum installed performance in a dense signal environment," according to a company news release.

In addition, Saab will provide an electronic warfare suite for the Tejas. "The heart of the suite is an electronic warfare receiver which is connected to a front end receiver and fin tip antennas inside the aircraft," Saab said.

LOL Indian never changes. By the way Indian will not have on hand on Revan or any other Italian radars and they will go with Israeli radar. By the way Pakistan already select this radar for JF17 and we are in advance to talk with them with the quantity minimum 200 and they wouldn't spoil their deal with another 150 optional.

Last edited:
Engine is American. Radar is Swedish. Too prone to sanctions.

LOL Indian never changes. By the way Indian will not have on hand on Revan or any other Italian radars and they will go with Israeli radar. By the way Pakistan already select this radar for JF17 and we are in advance to talk with them with the quantity minimum 200 and they wouldn't spoil their deal with another 150 optional.
which radar

Before you go making the typical Pakistani mistake of digging oneself a hole how about you apply some basic sense?

This AESA radar selection is for the MK.1A that will fly in 2018 and be in service by 2020. The MK.1A is a HAL upgrade of the Mk.1 LCA that the IAF has ordered (intially 83 units) and thus HAL are going for off the shelf solutions (EW suite, IFR probe and AESA radar) to expediate the development cycle, seperately DRDO (ADA) are working on the next generation version (MK.2) that will have the Uttam and will be a much improved plane over the MK.1/A.

Embarrasingly (for you) the Mk.1A version of the LCA will be FAR more capable than even your proposed Blk.3 of the JF-17.
Oh really. Will be , will be , will be,... as ever. Could not make a basic plane out of LCA (ask your air chief rather than making idiotic claims here) even after decades of R&D (it's called Indian R&D). They are having tough time in finding any role (even in future) for this junk LCA. They haven't been able to imagine what this junk is worth of so far. Indians could not integrate even the vital basic systems much less weapons' integration. And here you are telling us it WILL be better than Thunder that has an impressive array of weapons already integrated and is operational in numbers. On top of that that guy is telling me of digging myself a hole (which means what - only this Indian might know). If you want to live in your own little world, you can do that. Have no objection.

Last edited:
well..we seem to be interested in Swedish radar only..not engine...we directly source engines from USA (GE), Russia and with Rafale will get French Engines as well....and hopefully, with help of French our own Jet engine should be available for production in next few years..

View attachment 381285
so
funny
still called it "Indigenous"
tejas design is based upon
saab 37 Viggen & mirage 2000

Yet another imported component for fully indigenous Tejas

Indigenous :cheesy:

Implementing algorithms in H/W can easily improve performance 100-1000x
"100% Indigenous" Plane goes to "70% Indigenous" Plane
what a transition. we call it locally as saying "Thook ke Chatna"
First was the argument on 100% coming down to 70% ...

hopefully it will go from "70% Indigenous" to "50% Indigenous" and so on lol
Carry on guys with this good pace of transition on your "Plane & Statements"

And please digest this: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...red-by-videshi-parts/articleshow/28720189.cms

It states even 60% "Indigenous" ... Bonus in the article is, it states many other %'s of so-called Indigenous
weapons under the defense campaign of India " Desi Defence Powered by Videshi Weapons"

So stop labeling what is not purely yours ... :p:8-):omghaha:
No one said its 100% locally sourced. But no ones stopped you or for any other country to stop procuring from the same OEMs. You can go ahead and offer them an arm and a leg (not literally, you cannot walk with a single leg and how will you hand two things at a same time ? But seriously you will die if you try to do that. The blood loss alone will kill u.).

Chalo tum hi lelo hum se sare 30% ya 40% by volume non locally sourced goods. Do you think Pakistan today can make the rest of the things in house? Do you think they can package the individual elements, sourced from different vendors all together, let alone rivals (of sorts) ? Chalo ye bhi na sahi to, DO you think Pakistan can make tiers of these jets ? The last one is a genuine feat. Those black donuts go through a lot in their lifetime.

We are doing a quite a bit things in-house. Just go through the below PDF and look for yourself.
http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/techfocus/2008/apr08.pdf

PS: That's an 9 year old public post.
Also here I would say what India does badly, During the Risk Analysis. Everyone in that room when asked, can you develop this. They have shook their head and said yes. Was I there? No. Am I speculating? Yes. Talking out of my ***? Yes!!. Am I wrong? NO!!. That's the Indian engineers for you. They never say no. No, not due to they being smart or anything. Its the culture. Saying "I don't know about it, but I will figure it out" is seen as a sign of failure in India. Not anywhere else.
So you basically saying our defense labs are Arab men.

You should have probably learned by now that doodh ka jala icecream bhi phuk phuk ke chhat ta hai. Once we where sanctioned, we knew the sting of it. The rebellion of "never again" has pushed us so far.

Last edited:
Oh really. Will be , will be , will be,... as ever. Could not make a basic plane out of LCA (ask your air chief rather than making idiotic claims here) even after decades of R&D (it's called Indian R&D). They are having tough time in finding any role (even in future) for this junk LCA. They haven't been able to imagine what this junk is worth of so far. Indians could not integrate even the vital basic systems much less weapons' integration. And here you are telling us it WILL be better than Thunder that has an impressive array of weapons already integrated and is operational in numbers. On top of that that guy is telling me of digging myself a hole (which means what - only this Indian might know). If you want to live in your own little world, you can do that. Have no objection.
lol, you blunder plane still don't have LBG's etc, it using still old age technology, latest in Helmet mount sight n shoot , dose your blunder has it capability?

what happened to superior Chinese radar?, you people are funny. if u don't get the deal then suddenly Chinese radar become superior...

radar deal might be done on Hard cash, moreover you will find it difficult to install/ integrations of Chinese missile on west radar.

stop gap measure , indian working on radar / engine.

Yesterday some Indian dude was claiming that home grown Uttam Radar (along with many other goodies) will equip their Teja. Now this news of acquiring Saab system for it. Well, a paper plane will remain a plane on paper/propaganda regardless which system they buy for it. The project is a colossal failure that should have been abadoned years ago. It's only their ego that is keeping this white elephant still alive. Since several squadrons of Thunder are already operational, Indians cannot afford to give up on Teja thingy.

Its too easy to criticise without knowing the goddamn history behind the program. Even if it aint a top notch aircraft it has given a lot of "Know-how" technology and experience.While I won't go deep in jf-17s history cuz it might hurt ur sentiments I'd rather appreciate as pakistan brought it in service(Thanks to china for the design and development). Both the aircrafts have brought a lot of things to their respective countries the jf-17 brough aviation industry in pakistan which taught pakistani how to "manufacture" while tejas brought "designing and development", in future pakistan might rely on foreign assistance for designing and development of future aircrafts while India would not India.

Yesterday some Indian dude was claiming that home grown Uttam Radar (along with many other goodies) will equip their Teja. Now this news of acquiring Saab system for it. Well, a paper plane will remain a plane on paper/propaganda regardless which system they buy for it. The project is a colossal failure that should have been abadoned years ago. It's only their ego that is keeping this white elephant still alive. Since several squadrons of Thunder are already operational, Indians cannot afford to give up on Teja thingy.
They can produce nothing

Indigenous radar...
Indigenous engine
Indigenous avionics
Indigenous airframe design.

Everything is made in India. You Indians Are a freeking joke.

Indigenous radar...
Indigenous engine
Indigenous avionics
Indigenous airframe design.

Everything is made in India. You Indians Are a freeking joke.
Huh!
IMG_20170219_002918.JPG

http://www.tejas.gov.in/technology/open_architecture_computer_for_avionics.html
fUrTwv7_d.jpg

http://idrw.org/gtre-safran-kaveri-...ctrics-f404-ge-in20-to-power-lca-tejas-mk-1a/
Generating%20thrust.jpg

I gues these items fell from sky as we said "Ya Ali Madad".

Back
Top Bottom